Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-27-2012   #1
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some Interesting Late draft prospects

Evan Rodriguez - James Casey type
College: Temple Number: 88
Height: 6-2 Weight: 239
Position: FB Pos2: TE/H-back
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2012
40 Time: 4.58 40 Low: 4.50 40 High: 4.68
Projected Round: 5 Stock:

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6014
Weight: 239
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 09'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.28
3-Cone Drill: 6.94
Invited to 2012 NFL Combine as H-back

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.co...g-reports.html

Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
Big Boy with Cool Name Practice Squad development nose
Name: Ishmaa''ily Kitchen (+) Coming off elbow injury
College: Kent State Number: 93
Height: 6-1 Weight: 334
Position: DT Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2012
40 Time: 5.35 40 Low: 5.23 40 High: 5.45
Pro Day
Dates: 03/07/12
Height: 6010
Weight: 334
40 Yrd Dash: 5.33
20 Yrd Dash: 3.01
10 Yrd Dash: 1.75 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 35
Vertical Jump: 31
Broad Jump: 08'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.92
3-Cone Drill: 8.17

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=33216

Brian Linthicum - in the mold of Dreesen

Height: 6-4
Weight: 249
Speed: 4.89
Arm: 32 1/4
Hand: 9 5/8
Wingspan: 78 1/4
Birthdate: 11/28/1987
Hometown: Farmington, NM
Grade: 5.10

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2936

Akiem Hicks DT Regina - Raw Import

Height: 6-4 5/8
Weight: 318
Speed: 5.22
Arm: 35 1/8
Hand: 10 1/4
Wingspan: 85 3/4
Birthdate: 11/16/1989

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Height: 6045
Weight: 318
40 Yrd Dash: 5.23
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 26
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.86
3-Cone Drill: 7.75
Invited to 2012 NFL Combine as DE

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 09'02"
3-Cone Drill: 7.39

http://withthefirstpick.com/2012/03/...cks-dl-canada/

http://www.fanaticalfootballfiend.co...g-reports.html

Devon Wylie - A burner in the slot and for Punt returns

Combine Results
Height › 5 ' 9"2
Weight › 187
Arm › 30Ό
Hand › 9½
40-Time › 4.39
Vertical › 39
Broad › 10'3"
Bench Press › 17

http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings...r/devon-wylie/

Levy Adcock Scouting Report
OT Oklahoma State - Right tackle good find if he falls
HT: 6-6 WT: 322
http://nflsfuture.com/2012/02/03/lev...outing-report/

Miles Burris, DS #25 OLB, San Diego State - OLB UFA - aggressive rusher

Height: 6015 40 yd 4.63- 4.73
Weight: 246
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 31
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'01"

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...iles-burris-9/
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=34454
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some Interesting Late draft prospects

I don't think we really need to get a QB but if we do I really like Austin Davis from Southern Miss. He would cost a 5th or a 6th though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Linthicum, Linthicum, Linthicum.

I don't want to have to say Linthicum for the next 5 years -- makes me sound like I have a lisp.

He's off my board for that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dale Moss, WR out of S. Dakota St.

I believe this guy will be the biggest sleeper of the draft at his position.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone think this is the year we draft a kicker?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't think we really need to get a QB but if we do I really like Austin Davis from Southern Miss. He would cost a 5th or a 6th though.
There is no guarantee that Schaub will be the same after the injury. Read some of the threads that Doc has posted in about it.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Tim Fugger DE 17 Vanderbilt rSr 6-4 250

Have no idea if he is any good or not. Just hope we draft him so I can buy his jersey.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2012   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I had Akiem Hicks and Evan Rodriguez in my mock. Evan Rodriguez would be awesome to have as a potential James Casey replacement if Casey moves back to fulltime TE. Akiem Hicks has quite the wingspan, watching him drag runners down in center of the line would be a blast.
Old 04-09-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lonnie Edwards 3 year starter LT for Texas Tech's explosive O and TBob Hebert LSU who has played center and OG for LSU. Both late round if not UDFA but solid who could start for Texans in two years.
Old 04-10-2012   #10
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I had Akiem Hicks and Evan Rodriguez in my mock. Evan Rodriguez would be awesome to have as a potential James Casey replacement if Casey moves back to fulltime TE. Akiem Hicks has quite the wingspan, watching him drag runners down in center of the line would be a blast.
rhett ellison from USC is the perfect casey clone. check him out. probably could be had around the 6th round
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

J.R. Sweezy-DT from N.C. State, 6'05" and 298 lbs. runs a 4.97 in the 40. Started last season with a broken foot so he missed the first 4 games of the season but came back to have good production his senior season. I've read that what he lacks in skill, lateral agility and ability to anchor, he more than makes up for in all out effort. I think he'd be a good late round developmental poor man's JJ Watt at DE.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
rhett ellison from USC is the perfect casey clone. check him out. probably could be had around the 6th round
I don't get the Casey comparison, other than Ellison has played both FB and TE. Ellison is a block first TE, while Casey is a receiver disguised as a H-back. Having said that, Ellison would fill a real need on the Texans, and allow Casey to be used more in the passing game.
Old 04-12-2012   #13
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't get the Casey comparison, other than Ellison has played both FB and TE. Ellison is a block first TE, while Casey is a receiver disguised as a H-back. Having said that, Ellison would fill a real need on the Texans, and allow Casey to be used more in the passing game.
from what i have seen his a better catcher then what you suggest.
he does struggle with down field speed but i think in those short to intermediate routes he find holes in the zones and makes plays.
his a willing blocker but not a great blocker technique wise. he needs help in that department but his willing to block which says to me he should work fine in our system.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012   #14
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Pass. I said replacement, not clone. Casey has a wide range but is average in most areas. Above average hands and that's about it. Rodriguez would be an upgrade with a year or two in the WCO system.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read