Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rashard Butler-working hard (video)

Texans posted this to their facebook page
Quote:
Houston Texans
Here's a clip featuring one of Texans T Rashad Butler's offseason workouts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=L56cg3Cl7Zo#!
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rashard Butler-working hard (video)

Not exactly Cushing-type intensity. But good to see Butler is trying to get better.
Old 03-25-2012   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Not exactly Cushing-type intensity. But good to see Butler is trying to get better.

better answer than I had, I was thinking Rocky LOL
Old 03-25-2012   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

so I had too look up Cushing (been a while )

here is Brian Cushing and JJ Watt Triceps Death -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7Mes2SBo4

if Watt and Cushing are workout partners ..holy crap that is awesome
Old 03-25-2012   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the link Wolf. Its encouraging to see Butler working hard. I'm expecting to see good things from him this season.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

yeah I derailed the thread

JJ Watt NX Level 55+ Box Jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gsg...eature=related
Old 03-25-2012   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Inception music. Maybe this workout never happened. It was all a dream or was it???
Old 03-25-2012   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been reading that this Newton guy from Arkansas State might beat out Butler for the RT job ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting this, Wolf. I believe that going into the season knowing that he is that RT and taking reps with the 1st team only as RT, we will see that he is much more than what we thought he was.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #10
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Single Stuffed O-line lol
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I've been reading that this Newton guy from Arkansas State might beat out Butler for the RT job ?
Any links would be good to read.
Old 03-25-2012   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Any links would be good to read.
I doubt that Newton will be successful at RT. As tall and strong as he is, he has the notorious tyrannosaurus rex arms that many feel, besides questionable footwork, resulted in Winston’s compromised pass rush.

Eric Winston’s arm length: 32 1/4"

Derek Newton’s arm length: 33 1/8"

BTW, Butler's arm length is an unusually long 36" as compared to Brown's 34 1/4".

I think he could make a great guard........not so much an OT.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks for posting this, Wolf. I believe that going into the season knowing that he is that RT and taking reps with the 1st team only as RT, we will see that he is much more than what we thought he was.

I always thought Butler was a steal. He had that condition that kept him from keeping weight on but once the Texans got that under control you could say that they literally found treasure in the Panthers trash. He'll be better than Winston, mark my words.
Old 03-26-2012   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have confidence in Butler, he looked great 2 yrs. ago when he filled in for Brown during his suspension. He's really good in pass protection and good but not great in run blocking. Hopefully he's worked on that in the last couple years. He'll be a FA at the end of this next season so this will also be a season for him to shine and showoff for every team in the NFL. Here's your chance big guy, lets see what you can do on a full time basis.

I can't wait for off season OTA's so these guys can start to jell as a unit. Let's also hope that Antoine Caldwell is working just as hard.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Highlights of the video:

...At the 1:13 mark, Butler's rendition of The Icky Woods Shuffle is a bit over-exaggerated, IMO. He needs to shorten up his steps to make it more realistic.

...At the 1:30 mark, I was impressed with his Eddie Murphy standup comedy imitation of "The ice cream truck! I want some ice cream! ICE CREAM!" Oscar-worthy performance, IMO.

...At the 3:52 mark, Butler is using weig....hey, there's volleyball chicks in bun hugger shorts in the background! Now where was I........

...At the 5:02 mark, the workout is really paying dividends. He's dragging towards him what appears to be pizza-sized Oreo cookies across the floor. Carrot-and-stick approach works every time.

...Off and on, Butler keeps throwing a ball to the trainer and the trainer keeps throwing the ball back to Butler. Nobody can decide whose ball that is, and it seems neither guy wants the ball. Very confusing. If that was a giant meatball, instead, I think that little chess match would end differently.

Just trying to lend a hand in the analysis of this footage. Hope it was helpful.
Old 03-26-2012   #16
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

That's pretty funny! Not overly impressed with the workout. Some of the exercise selections are BAAAAD. Med ball sit ups and russian twists are very hard on the lumbar spine. For anyone interested on proper core training, check out www.backfitpro.com. Stuart McGill is a PhD in Biomechanics and all he does is study the spine and how it get injured. He's the man in this area and if any of you have an back issues his site is worth looking into.

BTW, on JJ Watt video, watch his body position on landing on the box. I trained a female volleyball player in California coming off a broken wrist from doing high box jumps. I'd be pissed if we lost JJ for half the season because he broke his wrist falling off a box.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

atleast he knows that the starting job is his to lose and he is working to get better. More than i can say for some players. I think he will turn out to be pretty damn good for us.
Old 03-26-2012   #18
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

better answer than I had, I was thinking Rocky LOL
I enjoyed the Rocky IV training music.

However, I was disappointed there was no awkward man hug at the end of the video. [/Rocky III]
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Side lunges suck!!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there
Old 03-26-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
That's pretty funny! Not overly impressed with the workout. Some of the exercise selections are BAAAAD. Med ball sit ups and russian twists are very hard on the lumbar spine. For anyone interested on proper core training, check out www.backfitpro.com. Stuart McGill is a PhD in Biomechanics and all he does is study the spine and how it get injured. He's the man in this area and if any of you have an back issues his site is worth looking into.

BTW, on JJ Watt video, watch his body position on landing on the box. I trained a female volleyball player in California coming off a broken wrist from doing high box jumps. I'd be pissed if we lost JJ for half the season because he broke his wrist falling off a box.
Otis, I thought the same thing on how his lower back was being twisted with all that weight added to that particular exercise.

I have had off-and-on lower back pain, from my rodeo days (steer wrestling, which puts a lot of strain on the lower back) and that made my lower back ache just watching it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read