Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-25-2012   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default KILTs N.D. Kalu with some very candid comments in wake of Texans/Eagles DeMeco Trade

Former Eagles and Houston Texans defensive end N.D. Kalu has a sports radio talk show in Houston now, on KILT. Like many Houstonians, Kalu was surprised by the departure of middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans to the Eagles; unlike most Houstonians, Kalu still pulls passionately for the Birds, so he isn't too grief-stricken.
Talk radio in Houston, Kalu said, "is very different. The fans in Philadelphia are very knowledgeable ... there's no filter on the Philadelphia fans. Here, things are a little bit more laid-back.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy
"It's all about football here, but it's about football at all levels," Kalu said. "In Philadelphia, there's no place like it, when you talk about how passionate the fans are, the city is, for the Eagles. I think he's already noticed that just from the one or two days he's been there."
"The main reason for that trade was, they didn't want to trade him in the division," Kalu said. "Jacksonville, Tennessee, Indianapolis - they'd love to have DeMeco Ryans, and they probably would have given up more to give him, but they didn't want him in the division, and they wanted to make sure he went to a place he would fit in. I think they were trying to look out for him, because they have that much respect for him."
Kalu said when he heard of the deal, he texted Ryans: "YES!!!!" Kalu hasn't played for the Birds since 2005, but "whenever the Eagles play, if they lose, it just ruins my whole day. If they win, I feel good all day ... That only happens with the Philadelphia Eagles" although Kalu also played for the Redskins and Texans.

IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: KILTs N.D. Kalu with some very candid comments in wake of Texans/Eagles DeMeco Tr

I hope everyone understands that Kalu has no more insight to the FO than I do, so when he says something like:
Quote:
"The main reason for that trade was, they didn't want to trade him in the division," Kalu said. "Jacksonville, Tennessee, Indianapolis - they'd love to have DeMeco Ryans, and they probably would have given up more to give him, but they didn't want him in the division, and they wanted to make sure he went to a place he would fit in. I think they were trying to look out for him, because they have that much respect for him."
It is understood as nothing more than his opinion. I do believe he speaks with the players & that is something most of us don't have. But I don't think he has any more of an idea as to "why" or "how" this trade went down than any of us.
Old 03-25-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: KILTs N.D. Kalu with some very candid comments in wake of Texans/Eagles DeMeco Tr

FYI, Kalu doesn't think you're very knowledgeable about the game.

Quote:
Talk radio in Houston, Kalu said, "is very different. The fans in Philadelphia are very knowledgeable ... there's no filter on the Philadelphia fans. Here, things are a little bit more laid-back. If they're upset with the team, upset with the coaches, it's not quite as intense. They still want to protect the team. Even when the Texans were bad, if you had a host that would continue to berate the Texans, people would call in and say, 'Hey, give 'em another chance, we haven't had football since the Oilers left' ... People in Philly are going to let you know right away when they're not happy with you."

Read more here:
Old 03-25-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely is the best option for Demeco, both scheme and need. Little Matthews wasn't getting it done. Philly fan will love on Demeco.

I read the Cowboys were ready with a 3rd before their doctors put them off Ryans. I could see the Texans FO making a player & team decision for Demeco here, and I'm okay with that. Unlike Broncos & what they did to Tebow.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He must get that impression from the dopes around him at the radio show and the dopes who call in to talk to their fellow dopes.

He doesn't spend much time here, or he'd think otherwise.

Kalu really not making any fans with that sort of angle there. LOL.
Old 03-25-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He must get that impression from the dopes around him at the radio show and the dopes who call in to talk to their fellow dopes.

He doesn't spend much time here, or he'd think otherwise.

Kalu really not making any fans with that sort of angle there. LOL.

Quote:
Kalu hasn't played for the Birds since 2005, but "whenever the Eagles play, if they lose, it just ruins my whole day. If they win, I feel good all day ... That only happens with the Philadelphia Eagles" although Kalu also played for the Redskins and Texans.
Nice, ND.............you just have to suffer through getting paid for covering the Texans........nice, ND.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

I read the Cowboys were ready with a 3rd before their doctors put them off Ryans.
Doubt that since the Cowboys are also a 3-4 team ?
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I read the Cowboys were ready with a 3rd before their doctors put them off Ryans.
I read the same thing, but how would they have known for sure without bringing in Ryans for a physical? That didn't happen, as Ryans was surprised that he was dealt.

What were the candid comments from Kalu? That Philly fans are knowledgeable? I'm sure some of them are. There are knowledgeable fans in every city (even Nashville). So what?
Old 03-25-2012   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

So knowlegable = vocing displeasure (per NDK)? Maybe Houstonian's worlds dont revolve around sports like they do in Philly?

Quote:
'Hey, give 'em another chance, we haven't had football since the Oilers left'
Haven't heard that one in a while, NDK must be out of touch.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what makes Philly fans more knowledgeable. I don't know if they all go to school to become more knowledgeable fans of sports. It's a sport and at the end of the day it's not rocket science. I think they may be more passionate and vocal about their teams, but that doesn't mean they know more than us or any other fan bases. It's a silly statement people make and holds no merit whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2012   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The guys who call in are totally different from this board . Here's a sample of the ones who crack me up .

1. Wayne from Spring .... yea I played junior high ball and I think that the Texans need to add talent to be a better defensive team . ND ... they were # 2 IN THE LEAGUE WHAT ELSE YOU WANT .

2.Trey from the northside .... if the Texans would have drafted VY , they would have had two SBs by now . Schaub cain't run , that's the problem .
Old 03-25-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope everyone understands that Kalu has no more insight to the FO than I do, so when he says something like:

It is understood as nothing more than his opinion. I do believe he speaks with the players & that is something most of us don't have. But I don't think he has any more of an idea as to "why" or "how" this trade went down than any of us.
You think you have as much insight into the organization as kalu?

Come on tk. He played for kubiak, is a former NFL player, probably still has multiple contacts within the organization. Hell, Demeco himself could have told him that.

Seriously, why do you think you are as connected to the texans or even the NFL as much as kalu is?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #13
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, i like ND and all, but please spare me the tough Philly fan crap...
"the fans in Philly wouldn't put up with this/that rah blah rah!" Yah, it's true, yet they put up with out of control government a lot more than we do... Maybe it's not something to brag about afterall... I actually pitty them...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #14
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

ND is legit, he is the best guy on that station. He still carries relationships with guys he played with, he even said recently Demeco came in and shadowed him for a day at his business.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Are y'all really upset because he said the fans in Philly are knowledgeable and are quick to voice displeasure?

Inferiority complex?

I think my family is the best family in the world. Does that offend you?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #16
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

What were the candid comments from Kalu? That Philly fans are knowledgeable? I'm sure some of them are. There are knowledgeable fans in every city (even Nashville). So what?
But he ommitted saying that Houston also had knowledgelable fans, and right or wrong people often draw conclusions and get their noses bent out of shape in with such omissions. Just like his biggest downer on Sunday was an Eagles loss and not a loss by the hometown Texans. I get that because the brunt of his career was with the Eagles, but once again some people are very sensitive.
I also thought his remarks about the Texans passing on potentially better deals with intra-Division rivals so they wouldn't have to play DeMeco on a regular basis was very interesting.
Old 03-25-2012   #17
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think he's saying the fans in Texans aren't knowledgeable. When he said "its different" and the "fans in Philly are knowledgeable" it was a lead in to him talking about how brutal the fans can get up there.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Philly fans aren't more passionate, there are just more A-holes.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I also thought his remarks about the Texans passing on potentially better deals with intra-Division rivals so they wouldn't have to play DeMeco on a regular basis was very interesting.
That was once a given that you wouldn't trade a top player inter-division. The Pats broke that mold with the Bledsoe to Bills deal, and the Eagle followed suit sending McNabb to the Skins.
Old 03-25-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I read the same thing, but how would they have known for sure without bringing in Ryans for a physical?
I dunno, but CND seems to have come to a similar conclusion?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read