Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2012   #21
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IN THE END.........The Texans Will Be Taking No Prisoners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
Great song. But it's far from screaming game day. To me the texans song should be about the players, and I'm willing to bet no one in the locker room listens to hard core country. It's time for some hip hop *cough* jj in a Paul wall vid.
No.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127519 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing...

We're not Glenda the Good Witch any more
not bad but maybe teams were right that the texans are dirty haha didnt ever notice it until i saw this video.
Old 03-26-2012   #23
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we will hear the term "soft" describing our Texans anytime soon...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #24
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

REP CND that was AWESOME!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't watch. Utube filtered out at work. Hopefully I'll remember to watch this tonight at home.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Great video, doc.

Anyone notice that Cushing likes going for the face or neck when he tackles? lol, damn. Gabbert took a beating that game
Old 03-26-2012   #27
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
this video makes us look like one of the dirtiest teams in the nfl haha
glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. Cushing had some questionable hand placements on some pics.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2012   #28
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1261 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

Blah. I tried, I really tried. Can't stand it. Someone said hardcore country? Throw it back, they only stole bad power cords and guitar whines missing the point.
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
Great song. But it's far from screaming game day. To me the texans song should be about the players, and I'm willing to bet no one in the locker room listens to hard core country. It's time for some hip hop *cough* jj in a Paul wall vid.
here you go thanks to GP
Quote:
You see them in headphones, walking into the stadium, heading from the locker room to the field, as they stretch and run and get ready for kickoff.

Before the iPods are turned off and put away, what’s the last song the Texans listen to in order to get in the right frame of mind?

Build a playlist based on this if you dare:

Receiver Kevin Walter: Phil Collins, “In the Air Tonight”

“It reminds me of my rookie year in Cincinnati; they always had it going in pregame. It gets me going. It’s game time, let’s go.”

Linebacker Connor Barwin: Kayne West, “Power”

“It just puts me in a good mood, gets me ready to go.”

Defensive end J.J. Watt: Eminem, “Lose Yourself”

“It just reminds me it’s all about one moment, your one chance to shine. For me, every game is a chance to shine.”

Cornerback Jason Allen: DMX, “In the Air”

“You feel that feeling, it just gets me riled up and ready to go. Overcome adversity, be ready to bounce back.”

Running back Arian Foster: Janelle Monet, “Archandroid” (album, not song)

“It relaxes me. I listen to it a lot. There is an old proverb that is you can control your breathing, you will have the strength of 10 tigers. When you get amped, your muscles tighten up, you get dehydrated quicker, you start thinking too much.”

Linebacker DeMeco Ryans: Earl Washington, “Hard Fighting Soldier” (via YouTube.)

“Of course it pumps me up, but it also clears my mind and allows me to go into a true focus mode.”

Linebacker Brian Cushing: Phil Collins, “In the Air Tonight”

“My linebacker coach in college, Ken Norton, that was his favorite song. It was always the last thing we did, kind of a tradition we started. Any time I hear that song now I just think about him and all the stuff he taught me.”

Center Chris Myers: Mudvayne, “Dig”

“It just kind of gets me up. It’s one of those songs, you can’t really tell what they’re saying, I don’t listen to that type of stuff at any other time aside from just before a game. Just real, real heavy stuff.”

Safety Danieal Manning: Canton Jones, “I Won’t Stop”

“That gets me fired up, let’s me know I won’t stop no matter what’s going on in the game.”

Defensive end Antonio Smith: Marvin Sapp, “The Best in Me” and Fred Hammond “No Weapon”

“They put me in the place I need to be.”

Receiver Andre Johnson: Phil Collins, “In the Air Tonight.”

“I kind of got hooked on that song in high school. Our coach used to always play it before big games. They gave their little speech and then played it. It just calms me down, gets me in that game mode.”

Cornerback Johnathan Joseph: Young Jeezy, “Let’s Get It.”

“It relaxes you, it gets your mind right.”

Unable to pick just one, or rebels who don’t wear headphones:

Quarterback Matt Leinart: “I like to do either Eminem or completely go opposite with Enya. I don’t know the song, they all sound the same to me. It’s probably split. Most of the time I try to go more mellow, relax the nerves a little bit.”

Safety Glover Quin: “I like to chill and focus on my assignment. I can’t focus on my assignment and listen to music. I can’t do two things and once. I’m not that talented.”

Quarterback Matt Schaub: “There is usually a good mix in the stadium. The sound system in our stadium isn’t the best for music, so we put some speakers down on the field for warm-ups which is pretty cool. They have a good mix of songs. A good one, a staple is always ‘In the Air Tonight.’”

Kicker Neil Rackers: “If I am really pumped up for a game, I might throw some Enya on there. Any song. Just that strange voice where you don’t really know what she’s singing just calms me down a little bit.”

Running back Ben Tate: “I’m not a big music guy. I might listen a little bit before the game. But closer to the game I’m more quiet and focused on what I’ve got to do.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=phil+collins
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #30
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Can't watch. Utube filtered out at work. Hopefully I'll remember to watch this tonight at home.
I suffer with that exact same problem
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Phil Collins, “In the Air Tonight” *ugh*

This is probably the last song that I would ever guess that football players listen to before games. Funny that THREE of our starters listen to it.

Sad that nobody listens to metal to get pumped up.
Old 03-27-2012   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

This is probably the last song that I would ever guess that football players listen to before games. Funny that THREE of our starters listen to it.

Every time I listen to that song it makes me want to fight. So I can see the allure. It was a song for Miami Vice and that episode was lick a--
Old 03-27-2012   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Every time I listen to that song it makes me want to fight. So I can see the allure. It was a song for Miami Vice and that episode was lick a--
Fight? Really? hmmmmm

I think of that Tom Cruise movie when I hear it. "Risky Business" was big when I was in HS.

Phil Collins is the last artist that comes to mind when dudes are about to battle it out in a brutal contact sport. But, that's just me, and since pro players do seem to like it, what do I know?
Old 03-27-2012   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oddly enough, back in the day that used to be considered a great driving song by racers. Something just zones you out about it. Otherwise I would never listen to it. Foreplay/Longtime was another big racer song and the oh so obvious Red Barchetta.
Old 03-27-2012   #35
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

"In the Air Tonight" probably calms some people down and helps them concentrate. When I was in competition, I was at my best when I was loose and relaxed.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127519 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tielahr View Post
glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. Cushing had some questionable hand placements on some pics.
haha yeah he is always putting the forearm to the throat. haha i actually like to see us play dirty, it is a big change from the olf texans, thats for sure.
Old 03-29-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
"In the Air Tonight" probably calms some people down and helps them concentrate. When I was in competition, I was at my best when I was loose and relaxed.
now that actually makes some sense.
better to be in control and focused on your job than all hyped up and out of control
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #38
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This was always one of my workout songs. I dont know... Something about when the drums come in. It always gets me pumped. And Meyers, I believe, said he listens to "dig" by mudvayne before a game. It's hard to get heavier than that. Awesome, if old, song btw. It's another of my workout tunes.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #39
heymak
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 heymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
That's my thinking, kinda the "calm before the storm" so to speak.
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Oddly enough, back in the day that used to be considered a great driving song by racers. Something just zones you out about it. Otherwise I would never listen to it. Foreplay/Longtime was another big racer song and the oh so obvious Red Barchetta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
This was always one of my workout songs. I dont know... Something about when the drums come in. It always gets me pumped. And Meyers, I believe, said he listens to "dig" by mudvayne before a game. It's hard to get heavier than that. Awesome, if old, song btw. It's another of my workout tunes.
ahhh, thanks. Good comments. My oldest son at SFA uses some kind of modern take on classical music to calm his nerves and get into the zone.

I do not hate Phil Collins like my wife hates him (it's a burning passionate hatred for his voice that always cracks me up when we are somewhere and one of his many hits is playing).

I was just a bit surprised by that particular song. I figured "I Don't Care Anymore" would have been better with it's drum intro if a P.C. song was used. Very surprised that three of our starters use the some one, too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read