Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-27-2012   #21
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4939 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts: Trade Down and/or Acquisition of '13 1st Rounder?

I think the Texans need to stay flexible, but I wouldn't want to trade up more than a few spots or back more 10 spots. The only receiver I really like that might be available at 26 is Wright I am lukewarm on Hill and Floyd will be gone. If we can move up a few spots to get Wright or one of the better pass rushers then I am all for it. If not I think it would be good to trade back and look at a guy like Samu early in the 2nd or Bruce Irvin, Shea Mclellan, Kevin Zeitler, or even cuz its Kubes Fleener. Not sure if he would fit in Wades system but maybe Lavonte David.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #22
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love Lavonte David, but he does not fit into our defense. Would be a huge waste of his considerable talent.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #23
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not want to trade away our first round pick, as I assume compensation will be their #1 in 2013. We need help now, and at multiple positions. Stay tight at 26.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #24
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see us trading back into the late first or early second round. I think some team will get nervous and move up to get Konz or Fleener. My question is who do you think we target if we move back? I could also see us trading back with our 3rd round pick and try to pick up another 3rd. I would be really pumped if we pulled that off.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #25
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we trade up for Kuechly and continue the white boy brigade.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #26
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

That's hilarious. Personally I'm in favor of moving back a couple of spots and getting an extra pick if one of "our guys" is not available. If one of "our guys" is available you run that card up there JMO.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read