Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2012   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Vandermeer to give up talk-show duties

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He and Rich Lord are the last stomachable guys on that station, and I won't listen to Lord for obvious reasons.

I truly cannot fathom how 610 does so well on ratings. I know they have reputation due to their longevity, but the quality of program is simply not comparable to 790. It's hard to believe reputation goes that far.

There is now more commercial time than talk time...........and half the "talk time" is about unrelated and uninteresting and ridiculous subjects.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #22
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He and Rich Lord are the last stomachable guys on that station, and I won't listen to Lord for obvious reasons.

I truly cannot fathom how 610 does so well on ratings. I know they have reputation due to their longevity, but the quality of program is simply not comparable to 790. It's hard to believe reputation goes that far.
The only time I used to listen to 790 was on my lunch break when Jim Rome was on 610...And occasionally I'd listed to Rome over them...

I love 610 and now that they have canned Rome almost never listen to 790...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #23
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I like 610.....call me crazy but I actually like the Vandy and Lopez show and this will suck IMO....

No I don't think they put Innes on with Lopez in the morning...he works well with Lord IMO chemistry wise. Innes can be a complete ass but I hate him more for his $hitty music he always tries to sing and play on air more than what he says about anything else! The 80's were an atrocity IMO musically and he constantly drags it up.

I actually listen to 610 everyday online during the week pretty much all day but I can't listen an hour or so sometimes during meetings so I must have missed this announcement. I heard someone reference it on air but didn't have details and didn't know if it was a joke or not but I guess not.

Now that they got rid of Rome (thank GOD) the only issue I have is with the show that replaced Rome, "Mad Radio" with Davies and Meltser.....that show needs ND Kalu on every single day IMO. They are not good without ND. I like Meltser but Davies grates on me pretty bad. He seems to ask dumbass questions just to ask them and see if he can stir up a non existent argument.

Also, his use of the phrase "we'll kick that around"....holy fuq....every other sentence seems to contain that phrase.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #24
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Vandy....just couldn't stomach listening to Lopez.

& sadly Lance has begun to get on my nerves on 790 now so i can't listen to 790 in the mornings now either.

Guess its on to ESPN 97.5 now...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh wait, Vandemeer is leaving his show?

Old 03-27-2012   #26
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What really sux is that this is the only news our team can produce right now.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #27
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I liked Vandy....just couldn't stomach listening to Lopez.

& sadly Lance has begun to get on my nerves on 790 now so i can't listen to 790 in the mornings now either.

Guess its on to ESPN 97.5 now...
You too? LZ has his obnoxious moments. Doesn't help that he's on with Matt "King of the D-Bags" Jackson's sorry ass.
Old 03-27-2012   #28
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't noticed any changes in LZ. What am I missing? I think Matt, Adam and LZ in the morning are great listening. And LZ without that i.diot Granato is way better.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #29
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I haven't noticed any changes in LZ. What am I missing? I think Matt, Adam and LZ in the morning are great listening. And LZ without that i.diot Granato is way better.
His ego has gotten huge. He pulls the appeal to authority card way, way, way too often.

I used to be a huge fan of his, but not so much anymore. I still appreciate his perspective and knowledge, but I like listening to him a lot less now.

(Still the best show on Houston radio, though.)
Old 03-27-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I like 610.....call me crazy but I actually like the Vandy and Lopez show and this will suck IMO....

No I don't think they put Innes on with Lopez in the morning...he works well with Lord IMO chemistry wise. Innes can be a complete ass but I hate him more for his $hitty music he always tries to sing and play on air more than what he says about anything else! The 80's were an atrocity IMO musically and he constantly drags it up.

I actually listen to 610 everyday online during the week pretty much all day but I can't listen an hour or so sometimes during meetings so I must have missed this announcement. I heard someone reference it on air but didn't have details and didn't know if it was a joke or not but I guess not.

Now that they got rid of Rome (thank GOD) the only issue I have is with the show that replaced Rome, "Mad Radio" with Davies and Meltser.....that show needs ND Kalu on every single day IMO. They are not good without ND. I like Meltser but Davies grates on me pretty bad. He seems to ask dumbass questions just to ask them and see if he can stir up a non existent argument.

Also, his use of the phrase "we'll kick that around"....holy fuq....every other sentence seems to contain that phrase.
I like brad...lol.

I've actually liked him from when he was on Davies and dukes on 790. That was when I first started listening to sports radio.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012   #31
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Josh is a freaking idiot. "I..I.....I..." Josh loves him some Josh. Lopez is ok 610 has really gone to chit. I love the Texans show on Tuesdays but that's it. LZ and Wex needs to drop that doofus cougar Matt like a bad habit. Cramps their style.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #32
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Josh is a freaking idiot. "I..I.....I..." Josh loves him some Josh. Lopez is ok 610 has really gone to chit. I love the Texans show on Tuesdays but that's it. LZ and Wex needs to drop that doofus cougar Matt like a bad habit. Cramps their style.
I actually think the addition of LZ made that show worse. However Josh Innes is the worst guy on radio in Houston. (Because 1560 doesn't even count. I'm glad Granato is over there where no one listens, **** he was annoying)
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #33
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is a stupid question feel free roast me for it, but I haven't seen it addressed anywhere. Does this mean he won't be doing gameday broadcasts with Andre Ware anymore? I don't get to see most games over here in Maryland and I normally listen to them.
Old 03-29-2012   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If this is a stupid question feel free roast me for it, but I haven't seen it addressed anywhere. Does this mean he won't be doing gameday broadcasts with Andre Ware anymore? I don't get to see most games over here in Maryland and I normally listen to them.
I'm pretty sure he's still the de-facto play by play guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012   #35
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah he is still play by play voice of the Texans just not doing the morning talk show here in Htown.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ENTERCOM Sports KCSP-A (610 SPORTS RADIO)/KANSAS CITY host NICK WRIGHT is staying on frequency but moving to TEXAS to take over as morning co-host at CBS RADIO Sports KILT-A (SPORTSRADIO 610)/HOUSTON, starting JUNE 5th. WRIGHT fills the slot alongside JOHN LOPEZ left vacant by MARC VANDERMEER's move to work full-time for the HOUSTON TEXANS (although VANDERMEER will continue to be heard on the station as the play-by-play voice of the TEXANS and on TEXANS-related programming).
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...uston-as-morni

Quote:
Apparently, there is plenty right with Nick Wright, a Kansas City native and the host of “What’s Wright,” the popular afternoon-drive sports talk show on KCSP (610 AM).

Rumors that he was leaving for “a top-five market” had been circulating for days, but confirmation came Thursday when Houston-based KILT (610 AM) announced that it had hired Wright to replace Marc Vandermeer. He will team will John Lopez on the station’s morning show beginning June 5.

Wright, 27, a Syracuse graduate, had mounted the most substantial challenge yet to rival Kevin Kietzman’s afternoon show “Between the Lines” on WHB (810 AM), which has dominated talk radio for more than a decade
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/10...#storylink=cpy
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012   #37
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

610 has become such a homer station that I can't stand it. Softball questions, lame interviews with athletes who never say anything. Useless. Rich Lord is the most corporate say-nothing on the air.

790 gets better every month. Lance has teamed up with Matt and Adam in the morning. Koch and Kalu on In The Trenches. Much better content and they also take calls.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #38
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

790 is the best now. Used to be 1560 until they became the corporate wonks they used to rail on.

With LZ on the big show the only time I turn off 790 is when Gwinn comes on.

Too many DB's on 610 -- Lord, Lopez, Inness. They're all Gwinn'esq IMO

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

LZ, Kalu and Koch are great. They provide honest insight. Unlike the homerism over at 610.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
LZ, Kalu and Koch are great. They provide honest insight. Unlike the homerism over at 610.
..........and 610 has gotten to the point that they have more "silly stuff" non-sports subjects than good sports talk radio.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read