Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Vandermeer to give up talk-show duties

Didn't know exactly where to put this. But thought some here would want to know. So mods please feel free to move.

From the Chronicle:

Quote:
Marc Vandermeer will become director of radio broadcasting for the Texans and will leave his job as KILT's (610 AM) morning drive-time anchor in late May or early June, team and station officials said Thursday.

Vandermeer, who came to Houston in 2002 as the Texans' radio play-by-play announcer and has hosted afternoon and morning drive shows on KILT, the team's flagship station, will make the move as part of the new contract that shifts advertising sales for the Texans radio network and for weekly Texans shows on KILT from CBS Radio to the team.

"It's awesome to be able to work for an NFL team and to be involved in all aspects of their radio programming," Vandermeer said. "I'm not saying goodbye to Sports Radio 610, so I will still maintain my relationships there. It's the best of everything for me."

The move was not unexpected, since most NFL teams are taking radio rights in-house. Vandermeer and Paul Allen in Minneapolis-St. Paul were the only NFL play-by-play announcers hosting daily sports talk shows.

Texans president Jamey Rootes said Vandermeer will develop team-sponsored programming in conjunction with KILT program director Gavin Spittle and will work on radio network relations and other matters for the team.

"Marc will be at the center of the creation of what we think will be the broadest platform of NFL programming on radio," Rootes said. "Our goal is to take our brand throughout the week for our fans."

Spittle said he will conduct a nationwide search for Vandermeer's morning drive replacement alongside co-host John Lopez. He said he will consider inside candidates but wants to limit changes to the station's existing lineup.

"This is a benefit to the Texans and a benefit to us," Spittle said. "One of our points of contact with the team will be a guy we love and trust in Marc. The tough part is losing a guy who has done such a great job in morning drive, but he will continue to be a huge part of the radio station."

Coincidentally, the February Arbitrons came out this week. KILT lost a full share point off its January performance, which was fueled in large part by the Texans' playoff run, but still ranked 13th among all Houston stations and first among all-sports stations among men 25-54.

KILT had a 3.4 percent share in the weeklong ratings to 1.6 for KFNC (97.5 FM), 1.1 for KBME (790 AM) and 0.2 for KGOW (1560 AM). It ranked fourth in morning drive among all stations with a 4.6 share, was 12th in middays at 3.2 and tied for seventh in afternoon drive at 4.8.

KBME's best performance was a 2.5 share for 19th place in morning drive, and KFNC was 18th in middays with a 2.2 share in men 25-54.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. I'm gonna miss ol' vandy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Vandermeer to give up talk-show duties

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Didn't know exactly where to put this. But thought some here would want to know. So mods please feel free to move.

From the Chronicle:
Good atleast his homerism will no longer be a part of the morning drive time. Rah/Rah

790 was starting to gain a larger listenership. I bet 610 didn't hate to see Vandy leave. Kinda like they weren't sorry to see Ware leave.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I mostly listen to 790, wonder if 610 will move Josh Innes to the morning drive time since they seem to think he's not the most annoying person in radio.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #5
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

From the Chronicle:
so we released vandy too? Wtf?
Old 03-23-2012   #6
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I mostly listen to 790, wonder if 610 will move Josh Innesto the morning drive time since they seem to think he's not the most annoying person in radio.
People tune into hear him run his mouth, and when they get angry at him, instead of just changing the dial, they sit there and foam at the mouth or call in to complain.
Old 03-23-2012   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
From the Chronicle:

Quote:
Marc Vandermeer...

...will leave his job as KILT's (610 AM) morning drive-time anchor in late May or early June, team and station officials said Thursday.
When I first read the title of this thread, I was thinking, "Dammmmmmnnnsssssit, the Texans really are cleaning house..... "

Good luck to Vandy.
Old 03-23-2012   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
so we released vandy too? Wtf?
Quite the contrary - you could argue he's been their only net add this off-season.

Don't listen much to the 610 morning show, but I like Vandy as a play by play guy, and I think this is a great move for him. Congrats and best of luck Mark!
Old 03-23-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I know why he was lofting softballs to McNair recently on the afternoon program.
Old 03-23-2012   #10
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Quite the contrary - you could argue he's been their only net add this off-season.

Don't listen much to the 610 morning show, but I like Vandy as a play by play guy, and I think this is a great move for him. Congrats and best of luck Mark!
yeh I was joking I read the Op lol...
Old 03-23-2012   #11
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
People tune into hear him run his mouth, and when they get angry at him, instead of just changing the dial, they sit there and foam at the mouth or call in to complain.

The only person that causes me to change the channel faster than josh is dylan gwinn.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
The only person that causes me to change the channel faster than josh is dylan gwinn.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
The only time I do not listen to 790.
Old 03-24-2012   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

is there a alternative to 610 AM i was looking for another radio show in houston that is less coarpate and less handcuffed on what they can and cannot say

1560 or 1580 FM am ????? was another station but i forgot the numbers ...but does anyone know any other sports shows in houston ?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
is there a alternative to 610 AM i was looking for another radio show in houston that is less coarpate and less handcuffed on what they can and cannot say

1560 or 1580 FM am ????? was another station but i forgot the numbers ...but does anyone know any other sports shows in houston ?????
You know if you actually read posts in this very same thread you would find your answer. Or you could use google. But, no, 610 is the only sports radio in all of Houston.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #15
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

And CBS have stopped streaming stations outside of the US. Which is a pain as I use to listen to 610 and KILT Country
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to be a radio guy there and talk Texans every day.

I think 90% of us would be better than what you guys have described of the real radio guys on here.
Old 03-24-2012   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

610 am
790 am
1560 am
97.5 fm

Those are your selections with varying amounts of corporation.

Cool for Marc, sounds like a nice gig.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

He and Rich Lord are the last stomachable guys on that station, and I won't listen to Lord for obvious reasons.

I truly cannot fathom how 610 does so well on ratings. I know they have reputation due to their longevity, but the quality of program is simply not comparable to 790. It's hard to believe reputation goes that far.
Old 03-24-2012   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
And CBS have stopped streaming stations outside of the US. Which is a pain as I use to listen to 610 and KILT Country
The only thing you're missing on 610 is the the weekly interview with the Kubiak and the star players like Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub....but none of them really ever say anything anyway. 790 and 1560 get the 2nd tier guys, but they get a lot more out of them than footballspeak.

790's probably the best of the sports stations anyway. You're not missing out on a whole lot. The only show I really ever listen to on 610 is Barry Warner because the only local thing on then.

I always thought that VDM having a show on 610 was a conflict of interests anyway. If he really believes what he says, then he's a robot. If he doesn't believe what he says, then he's not being honest.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #20
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Shame. I was really hoping we'd never have to hear the ridiculous 'Rock 'n Roll' call again.

One can but hope.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read