Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dreessen signs with Broncos

John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL
TE Joel Dreessen says he will choose between the Texans and Broncos by Friday morning. He's also visited Saints, Bengals and Titans.

Rebecca Haarlow ‏ @RebeccaHaarlow
Jeff Saturday skips Manning reunion 4 Packers, Broncos agree to terms w TE Joel Dreessen & CB Tracy Porter; details next on @nflnetwork

Last edited by srrono; 03-23-2012 at 12:10 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dreessen will choose between HOU & DEN Friday

I would not be surprised either way...

I'm sure he feels some loyalties to Houston, and I'm sure he would like to go home to Colorado and have the chance at being Peyton's #1 TE...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt the Texans offered him much. I think he will pick Denver because of Peyton Manning and his ties to Colorado State.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #4
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I doubt the Texans offered him much. I think he will pick Denver because of Peyton Manning and his ties to Colorado State.
I would guess we offered between $1.75M-$2.0M/yr. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick Denver either.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #5
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's gonzo. The chance to go home and play catch with an all time great will prove to be too tempting to pass up. This offseason continues to leave me very concerned.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he wasn't an IMPORTANT clog to our team but he was dependable and I will miss him if he goes...I think I'd actually be sad. Yes, I said sad.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #7
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully they want Dallas Clark more than Joel.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2012   #8
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 3398 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL
TE Joel Dreessen says he will choose between the Texans and Broncos by Friday morning. He's also visited Saints, Bengals and Titans.
If I were him I'd chose Denver.

1) He'd have Peyton Manning at QB
2) They need a TE so he'd get paid more
3) He's have Peyton Manning at QB

It's a win-win.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
If I were him I'd chose Denver.

1) He'd have Peyton Manning at QB
2) They need a TE so he'd get paid more
3) He's have Peyton Manning at QB

It's a win-win.
Me too. I'd have my bags already packed.

1) He's from Colorado
2) He played at Colorado State
3) His QB would be PEYTON MANNING (1st ballot HOF, can talk the rest of his life of playing with him)
4) He's likely to be offered more money in Denver
5) Denver is just as likely (if not more) to win their division
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's married, and if his wife is local with family here that's probably a consideration ? Or maybe she's also from Colorado ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now we are sending our players to Denver, time to reciprocate I guess?
Old 03-22-2012   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet he's coming back. This is a way for him to try and solict more money from other teams before he Boddens them.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #13
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Now we are sending our players to Denver, time to reciprocate I guess?
Houston North!!!!!

We were the Texacos, so are they the Broncans?
Old 03-22-2012   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It will come down to:

1) Money

I bet he goes to the place that offers him the most money.
Old 03-22-2012   #15
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I know he wasn't an IMPORTANT clog to our team but he was dependable and I will miss him if he goes...I think I'd actually be sad. Yes, I said sad.
I hear where you're coming from, but depending on your definition of important, you could argue he was. A lot of the time when we were running a two tight end set - whether they were standard pass plays or bootlegs - the progression always seemed to be Andre-Daniels and then safety valve (Foster or Dressen). Or if AJ was down, it'd be Daniels-Walter/Jacoby and then safety valve.

You knew teams were going to put their efforts into shading whoever we had at #1 WR and OD, so this often allowed Dressen to go one on one, or sometimes be wide open; people on here in the game day threads often called "goaline TD to Dressen" before it happened.

Hopefully Graham or a TE we draft can fill that role.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #16
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Fake John McClain ‏ @FakeJohnMcClain

Dreessen has a tough decision to make. Play w/ a QB who didn't play all yr last yr, or w/ a QB coming off an Anne Frank injury. Decisions.
Old 03-22-2012   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Anne Frank injury ?
Old 03-22-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
Fake John McClain ‏ @FakeJohnMcClain

Dreessen has a tough decision to make. Play w/ a QB who didn't play all yr last yr, or w/ a QB coming off an Anne Frank injury. Decisions.
LOL. FakeJohnMcClain with another astounding observation.
Old 03-22-2012   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's smart, he'll go to Denver. Regardless of how much money the TEXANS offer, they will figure out some way to screw him over. I don't know how much loyalty there is in the Denver franchise, but, there is ZERO in the Texans!! Get out while the gettin's good! JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #20
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, he's going to Denver.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read