Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2012   #21
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Re: Texans Jerseys, Throwback Jerseys, Polo Shirts, Sew-on Patches, Reebok Design, Nike Design

FYI, I think the Project Runway All Stars finale is tonight.
Old 03-22-2012   #22
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9001 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This D has one leader and his name ain't DeMeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Texan Bill is the team leader in beer pong.
Shot pong FTW
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #23
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
in this day of age i really dont think u need leaders

U need bwalers,PLaymakers,Beats,DOgs, and Freaks

11 people on D right well how about all 11 be leaders ........ :P

everyone just needs to know what to do do your job and when to do it they need to know what to do on 1st down 2nd down 3rd down and 4th down simple has dat LOL
Typical younger generation's way of thinking!! We don't need leadership, we KNOW IT ALL!! We'll just do our own THANG cause ain't NOBODY gonna tell us what to do!!! Geeeezzzz!! All "chiefs and no indians" type of attitude leads to FAILURE!! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #24
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Typical younger generation's way of thinking!! We don't need leadership, we KNOW IT ALL!! We'll just do our own THANG cause ain't NOBODY gonna tell us what to do!!! Geeeezzzz!! All "chiefs and no indians" type of attitude leads to FAILURE!! JMO!!
In reality the younger generation does have leaders, or they'd all be wandering around in disarray. There isn't enough variety in clothing style, hip electronics, music, etc. to prove that they aren't mostly followers.

This isn't a knock. It's like every generation before them.

===========================

To the point of his post, I disagree that they don't need leaders. Any group organized to attain a goal should have them to be effective, especially in an environment as competitive as the NFL.
Old 03-22-2012   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

people around here act like DeMeco was the only leader we had on the team... The title of this thread isn't even correct, because without Demeco we still have multiple leaders on defense. Last I checked Cushing was voted in as a captain mid season and Watt will most likely wear a C on his jersey next season..

Cushing
Watt
Smith
Joseph
Manning

All leaders... Demeco was simply the leader of leaders, because he was the elder statesman, but the torch has been passed and people need to get over it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #26
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
In reality the younger generation does have leaders, or they'd all be wandering around in disarray. There isn't enough variety in clothing style, hip electronics, music, etc. to prove that they aren't mostly followers.

This isn't a knock. It's like every generation before them.

===========================

To the point of his post, I disagree that they don't need leaders. Any group organized to attain a goal should have them to be effective, especially in an environment as competitive as the NFL.
I very much agree with the first part, but I think you misunderstood me in my OP. I'm not saying they don't 'need' leaders, I'm saying that a new leader will emerge because Wade makes the right calls (thus far).
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I very much agree with the first part, but I think you misunderstood me in my OP. I'm not saying they don't 'need' leaders, I'm saying that a new leader will emerge because Wade makes the right calls (thus far).
I agree new leaders will emerge.

I disagreed with Norg's post, not yours. I was unclear about that.
Old 03-22-2012   #28
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
One jersey, since day one.

Where was this taken? Haven't been boarding in a couple years, miss it.
Old 03-22-2012   #29
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

When I hit major jersey re-sellers I see Williams, Ryans, and Slatton??? Really!! No respect. This is NFL Shop..FansEdge..etc..not mom and pop.

They do already have the new Peyton 'Broke Neck Mountain' Manning Jersey for the pony fans. There is a Jake 'Real Mountain Man' Gyllenhaal halo graphic imposed on the rear of the jersey with a pointer that says 'poke here'.

Could someone Photoshop that one up for future use when we go to Mile High??

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

D. Man was interviewed the other day right after the DeMeco announcement. He said it's a tough loss, but they will get over it and new leadership will emerge through OTAs and training camp. He considers himself one of the players that has to step up in a leadership role, and he sounded ready for the job and ready to lead this team to the playoffs again.

I will miss DeMeco, but this is today's NFL. Actually, it's been this way in the NFL for decades, but this is the first off-season after playoffs for Houston Texans fans, and in today's day and age of salary caps and free agency, this is the way it is for successful teams.

Accept it, live with it, and get ready to root your asses off for the 2012 Texans!
Old 03-22-2012   #31
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Haven't you heard? Success on the field isn't that important anymore. Jerseys with your favorite player's name is.
I know this would be an unpopular opinion with most fans, but why do grown men buy jerseys with some kid's name on them anyway? To me, if you're out of college, you have no business wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it. And putting your own name on a jersey is just a little too weird for me (sorry, Texan Bill) if you're not on the team.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #32
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Haven't you heard? Success on the field isn't that important anymore. Jerseys with your favorite player's name is.
Yep, right after I heard that are GM and coaches are perennial winners who can replace any number of starters at whim without any appreciable dropoff.
Old 03-22-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
His name is Wade Phillips.
Wade don't ball.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #34
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
people around here act like DeMeco was the only leader we had on the team... The title of this thread isn't even correct, because without Demeco we still have multiple leaders on defense. Last I checked Cushing was voted in as a captain mid season and Watt will most likely wear a C on his jersey next season..

Cushing
Watt
Smith
Joseph
Manning

All leaders... Demeco was simply the leader of leaders, because he was the elder statesman, but the torch has been passed and people need to get over it.
msr.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I know this would be an unpopular opinion with most fans, but why do grown men buy jerseys with some kid's name on them anyway? To me, if you're out of college, you have no business wearing a jersey with someone else's name on it. And putting your own name on a jersey is just a little too weird for me (sorry, Texan Bill) if you're not on the team.
People have different views on stuff, and I don't try to rub my views off on anyone else. I get you feeling that way, but some people like to wear Jerseys with players names on them. Not a big deal. And really no need to be condescending towards them.
Old 03-22-2012   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know, I like them. I wear one every friday to work during football season (It's kind of an office-wide thing) and I wear one on Sunday even if I'm just sitting at home by myself watching the game.

I think I have "business" wearing anything I feel like wearing and I've noticed a distinct case of "I don't give a rat's posterior what anyone else thinks" settling in as I get older. I wear what I want and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

The cost of jerseys is insane. I buy fakes because I think that $25 is about all they're worth to me. The real ones are grossly overpriced in my opinion.

I have a couple of the real $200+ ones but I bought them on ebay used. My Blue Schaub was a Carr #8. The other one I have is entirely blank now. It was a Boselli that I'm turning into one with my name on it.

In this last batch of players moving I had one jersey go "redundent" on me. My Mario Williams jersey is now DOA. I'm out $25 so no big deal.
Old 03-22-2012   #37
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
People have different views on stuff, and I don't try to rub my views off on anyone else. I get you feeling that way, but some people like to wear Jerseys with players names on them. Not a big deal. And really no need to be condescending towards them.
Not trying to be condescending, sorry if I came across that way. Just wanted to see what people thought. Most people I know feel similarly to me, but I see thousands of jerseys at games every Sunday.

I still wear hats, shirts, and sweaters with team's logo on it, btw.

Again, sorry if I sounded condescending.
Old 03-22-2012   #38
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think I have "business" wearing anything I feel like wearing and I've noticed a distinct case of "I don't give a rat's posterior what anyone else thinks" settling in as I get older. I wear what I want and don't worry about what anyone else thinks
I know that feeling very well. Not trying to tell anyone what to do. Just wanted to hear opinions.
Old 03-22-2012   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a Battle Red #80 jersey, but cannot wear it because we lose every time I wear it. Just the worse feeling in the world. I'll go with a standard Texans t-shirt one Sunday, we win. So I crack out the AJ jersey the next week and we lose.

Then my head starts spinning..."Do I wear the t-shirt next week?" So I wear the shirt the next Sunday and we win. FML.

In 2011, when we went on the winning streak...the AJ jersey stayed locked up at a location my wife wouldn't tell me of. That way I had no chance to ruin the streak even if I wanted to.
Old 03-22-2012   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not trying to be condescending, sorry if I came across that way. Just wanted to see what people thought. Most people I know feel similarly to me, but I see thousands of jerseys at games every Sunday.

I still wear hats, shirts, and sweaters with team's logo on it, btw.

Again, sorry if I sounded condescending.
Honestly, I feel the same way that you do about the jersey stuff...

I don't know if it's because I played ball for so long or what, but I just don't feel right wearing a guys name on my back...

I'm like you...I only wear shirts that say Texans or hats or something...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read