Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2012   #1
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This D has one leader and his name ain't DeMeco

With all due respect to DR, who has been one of my favorite players since his arrival. When the Texans were ****ty, I knew it made him as mad as me. Yes, DeMeco was the leader of the Texans' Defense. However, I believe that this team has a leader and he's still under contract. His name is Wade Phillips.

This team plays for Wade. He's turned the defense around in less than a year. New players will enter a team where they have an identity and are expected to perform, instead of trying to establish an identity for the first time in their team's history. Give him some credit: he even taught Gary how to have real practices.

Do you know what heals the scars of losing favorite teammates to players on this team? Winning.

If last year's coaching is any indication of the status quo, then I think the Texans will do just fine, and hopefully the "Texodus" took care of the majority of the problems with our cap for the years going forward.

Come on y'all, can we at least wait until they are 'choking' games away in the preseason before we start throwing this organization under the bus?
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This D has one leader and his name ain't DeMeco

Haven't you heard? Success on the field isn't that important anymore. Jerseys with your favorite player's name is.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Haven't you heard? Success on the field isn't that important anymore. Jerseys with your favorite player's name is.
That's why I've always regretted buying that Charles Hill jersey .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Nobody has said that. Good Lord. You people really take this hyperbolic **** to a new level huh.

Wade is the leader, and Cushing and Watt are the field leaders now.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes winning cures all. We all know that, anyone that has watched any team sport for over 3 years should know that.

Some of us think that the loss of Demeco will make it harder for the team to win though...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Nobody has said that. Good Lord. You people really take this hyperbolic **** to a new level huh.

Wade is the leader, and Cushing and Watt are the field leaders now.
Does Wade have a jersey we can buy ?

Round Dan
Old 03-21-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

More complex than this; Jonathan Joseph is leader of DBs imo. I agree with Phillips being the leader that entire defense looks to. He guides them, settles them, refocuses and encourages them.
Old 03-21-2012   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Does Wade have a jersey we can buy ?
He's got a pretty bad ass polo you could buy then take to the mall and have stitched up. Let me know how that works for ya, bro!

Apparently I must spread rep to other users before giving it to Fiasco West again.
Old 03-21-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's why I've always regretted buying that Charles Hill jersey .
After my $230.00 "SHARPER" jersey, I went this route:

That said, I thought I was the "smart guy", but NOW the NFL is going from Reebok to Nike....

DUDE, I don't wanna buy three more custom jerseys (in addition to the original Sharper jersey)... FML!!
Old 03-21-2012   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
He's got a pretty bad ass polo you could buy then take to the mall and have stitched up. Let me know how that works for ya, bro!

Apparently I must spread rep to other users before giving it to Fiasco West again.
or I could just buy me a Texans shirt or two . I have a # 90 jersey but I like a Texans T shirt better . I really like a Texans baseball cap in red .

Round Dan
Old 03-21-2012   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

That said, I thought I was the "smart guy", but NOW the NFL is going from Reebok to Nike....

DUDE, I don't wanna buy three more custom jerseys (in addition to the original Sharper jersey)... FML!!
Do you even remember charles Hill ?

Round Dan
Old 03-21-2012   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
or I could just buy me a Texans shirt or two . I have a # 90 jersey but I like a Texans T shirt better . I really like a Texans baseball cap in red .
That will probably be the best course of action for you.
Old 03-21-2012   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
That will probably be the best course of action for you.
It is but i do like going to practices and games . Who cares if I'm not a groupie I like the sport .

Round Dan
Old 03-21-2012   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

One jersey, since day one.

Old 03-21-2012   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan Bill is the team leader in beer pong.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I nominate myself as the team leader in tequila drinking.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I nominate myself as the team leader in tequila drinking.
Snort the salt, squeeze the lime in your eye and do your shot!!
Old 03-22-2012   #18
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

I hear ya......I have authentic jerseys and I am not going to buy new jerseys just because they change companies and maybe the design is different.

I know some people want to get new ones with the 10 year patch on it. I would rather get the 10 year patch and sew it to my authentic jerseys I have and not have to buy the new jerseys too.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in this day of age i really dont think u need leaders

U need bwalers,PLaymakers,Beats,DOgs, and Freaks

11 people on D right well how about all 11 be leaders ........ :P

everyone just needs to know what to do do your job and when to do it they need to know what to do on 1st down 2nd down 3rd down and 4th down simple has dat LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
in this day of age i really dont think u need leaders

U need bwalers,PLaymakers,Beats,DOgs, and Freaks

11 people on D right well how about all 11 be leaders ........ :P

everyone just needs to know what to do do your job and when to do it they need to know what to do on 1st down 2nd down 3rd down and 4th down simple has dat LOL
You forgot that we don't need no stinkin' grammar, either! J/k man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read