Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2012   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Phillips affirms Kareem Jackson as Texans’ No. 2 CB

......and Kareem Jackson falls down!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #22
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the way Wade talks about him. He praises him a bit, but he still made it clear that he has some improving to do. I like KJ, I think he works well as our #2. I hope to see Harris a lot more next season too.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #23
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 961 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected

well he has gotten better with time..usually CBs need 2-3 years to develop to their potential..maybe wade reminded jackson that he has a neck..here's for hoping..in wade we trust..
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very curious to see how they use Brandon Harris this coming season.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

At least people are consistent haha....

I mean all you can ask a player to do is to get better. I don't think anybody would be foolish enough to argue otherwise for KJ.

All Phillips did was ask him to get better.....again. Still only his 3rd year and with that sort of leap last year why so down on him? That may be as good as he gets but there's only one way to find out. If he makes the same step forward this year he'll be a decent #2.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem did not perform well his rookie season. Last year he made improvements with some real coaching.

I'm willing to look at last year as Kareem's true rookie season.

Based on what I saw, he still isn't a great CB. I think we can do better there, but that said, he's not awful either. He's missing some playmaking ability and ball skills IMO, but he's solid player.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #27
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
......and Kareem Jackson falls down!
Which begs the question. If a Kareem falls in the woods does it make a sound?
Old 03-23-2012   #28
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRaider2007 View Post
I concur with Wade Phillips. Kareem Jackson is pure #2.
Old 03-23-2012   #29
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Kareem threatened Wade into saying this... the one gaping hole in the defense is the other CB spot with Jackson. It might just get exposed more this season with the schedule that the Texans have against some of the best QBs in the NFL.
Old 03-23-2012   #30
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Wade Phillips affirms Kareem Jackson as Texans’ No. 2 CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Maybe Kareem threatened Wade into saying this... the one gaping hole in the defense is the other CB spot with Jackson. It might just get exposed more this season with the schedule that the Texans have against some of the best QBs in the NFL.
Or, he will make y'all eat y'alls words Just like Myers did. I'm leaning towards the eating of the crow
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #31
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Do you seriously believe that KJ threatened Wade into saying this? Seriously too many of you still have the same biases of KJ falling down from season 1. I saw Allen fall down more that KJ this past season.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #32
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

At least i have this news to be happy about.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't know what to think of Kareem Jackson.

Overall, I think he's a liability. I can't go into the reasons why, but I have multiple reasons. Getting into this discussion is a real drain on me. And others.

Joseph got abused a few times himself. The favorite way offenses abuse Joseph is near the end zone, like the Saints and a few other teams did (Falcons, IIRC), where the WR runs an in or a slant and then cuts back to the corner of the end zone...Joseph bites on that inside move a lot. He even knows it when it unfolds before him and he knows he can't recover in time.

KJ is going to have be better in year 3 than he was in year 2. I think that's the best way I can say it. He wasn't terrible in year 2 like he was in year 1. He needs a great year in 2012.
Old 03-23-2012   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Things like this make me think we are going to have a bad year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem was a starting RB in high school and only played part-time at DB.
He converted to full-time CB at a prep school.
He came out of college a year early.
One can consider him as a RS Senior; the fact remains that he didn't have as much experience in the secondary as most NFL CBs.
He's only going to get better.
I hope the doubters join the program soon so they won't have to waste their time nitpicking next season.
Enjoy the game, people!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
One can consider him as a RS Senior; the fact remains that he didn't have as much experience in the secondary as most NFL CBs.
Do you know that can be said about a lot of NFL prospects?

A lot of these guys played different positions at one point or another and only played the position they're being drafted at in college...Quite a few guys don't even have as much experience as kareem had... Alot of them come out early. A lot of them have not been locked into one position for their entire football playing life.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #37
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He's only going to get better.
I hope the doubters join the program soon so they won't have to waste their time nitpicking next season.
Enjoy the game, people!
I'm trying to stay positive. I keep trying to kick Okoye out of my head. At least KJ didn't really learn the ins and outs of football by playing Madden NFL ...........I guess.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Do you know that can be said about a lot of NFL prospects?

A lot of these guys played different positions at one point or another and only played the position they're being drafted at in college...Quite a few guys don't even have as much experience as kareem had... Alot of them come out early. A lot of them have not been locked into one position for their entire football playing life.
How many guys who came out early with not much experience at CB have been successful early in their NFL career?
Old 03-23-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Mad prop to you, LOL!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read