Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2012   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Article on Demeco's trade.

[quote=HOU-TEX;1924581]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post

Instrument and Electrical
Ahhh....that was my 1st guess. I usually see it as EE with an emphasis on controls or I&C(instrumentation and controls).
I specialized in the power generation side of things. I like big electrons, not those little bitty ones.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #62
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Yeah I figured as much, you engineering types usually aren't known for your abilities to infer sarcasm over the internet. Good luck in your future internetting though!
Nate, I got my EE later in life, so I am the exception to the rule. I get all kinds of blank stares from a lot of my coworkers who just don't see the humor in some situations.
I usually do pretty OK with sarcasm. It's that dang hyperbole that a few use that gets me. I get it when I use it, just not always when others use it.
Old 03-24-2012   #63
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=DocBar;1924529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I beg your pardon.... *I'm* an engineer myself.
and I can infer just as well as the next internet weinie...

That's awesome, Obsi. I hope my son can get half of that accomplished. He's 17 and acting every bit of it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is IE?
Sorry... IE = Industrial Engineering

Sometimes referred to as process engineering...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #64
DocBar
Hall of Fame

[quote=ObsiWan;1925480]
Quote:

Sorry... IE = Industrial Engineering

Sometimes referred to as process engineering...
That makes sense. A good career can be had with process engineering. They tend to get very good cross training, in a variety of disciplines, in order to maximize the efficiency of whatever process they are trying to design.
Old 03-25-2012   #65
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=DocBar;1925513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That makes sense. A good career can be had with process engineering. They tend to get very good cross training, in a variety of disciplines, in order to maximize the efficiency of whatever process they are trying to design.
I got a bunch of Microsoft certifications, which doesn't mean I know anything, but it does pay well. The paper work always helps.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #66
DocBar
Hall of Fame

[quote=Thorn;1925541]
Quote:

I got a bunch of Microsoft certifications, which doesn't mean I know anything, but it does pay well. The paper work always helps.
Are you working on tomorrow's hangover again?
Old 03-25-2012   #67
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=DocBar;1925547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Are you working on tomorrow's hangover again?
I am WAY to old for drinking two days in a row.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2012   #68
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I am reminded of a engineer joke I heard a while back.

Q: When does a person decide to become an engineer?

A: When he realizes he does not have the charisma to be an undertaker.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #69
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When I see that we moved up 12 spots in the 3rd and then got the 4th overall pick in the 4th while keeping our own late 4th, I feel a bit better about this trade.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #70
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
When I see that we moved up 12 spots in the 3rd and then got the 4th overall pick in the 4th while keeping our own late 4th, I feel a bit better about this trade.
The net value is about a late 3rd round pick.... not bad in my opinion.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #71
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nate, I got my EE later in life, so I am the exception to the rule. I get all kinds of blank stares from a lot of my coworkers who just don't see the humor in some situations.
I usually do pretty OK with sarcasm. It's that dang hyperbole that a few use that gets me. I get it when I use it, just not always when others use it.
Yeah we have one guy like that out here, he's a total hoot, and about the only engineer out of 40 or so that gets a quality joke. Both parents engineers, stepdad an engineer, work at a chemical plant, I know what it is, you got to admit you are the minority in that community
Old 03-27-2012   #72
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
The net value is about a late 3rd round pick.... not bad in my opinion.
And there could still be a stud WR hanging out around that time we use that pick.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

OMG. THAT is funny.
Old 03-27-2012   #74
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
yes, graduate in a little over a month.
Hey, I'll be at your graduation.

My son graduates in the same ceremony as you.

p.s. feel sorry for me. married to an engineer and raised one. Oldest son is a classic engineer, takes after his father.
Old 03-27-2012   #75
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That's a nasty rumor started by my friends and family.
Old 03-29-2012   #76
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

....this charisma thing to which you refer.... is it measured in Imperial or Metric units?

...wait... let me get my sliderule...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read