Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2012   #41
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Article on Demeco's trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
You're an engineer aren't you?
yes, graduate in a little over a month.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Early congrats.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #43
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 91318 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
It's kind of hard to have that swagger when you lose the heart and soul of your defense. A guy who was once deemed the defensive captain and team MVP (DeMeco Ryans).
You defeated your own argument with the use of "ONCE".

The heart and soul of the defense does not come off the field on third downs.

'Meco was a high character, passionate player that brought an identity to a defense that was not good for several years. Between the injuries and the switch to 3-4, his recent contributions to the team have been no where what they were before Cushing got here.

He was one of the few bright spots in some bad seasons, and his current value to the organization is being romanticized out of fan loyalty. But in the business of football, his value to this team was as a trade commodity was much greater than any on field impact. Both from a young draft talent and salary cap perspective.

I do find it interesting that the two "faces" of the defense over the years in Mario and 'Meco had very little impact on the defensive improvement this last year. If it is all about results, and not a sentimental attachment to a player, then this defense will be no worse off this coming year without the two of them.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #44
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8663 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm somewhat shocked. Not because we traded him because it does make sense for cap relief. But because we only got a 4th round pick. I believe he might be a bit better in a 4-3 system we should have tried to get more for him since Philly is weak at LB. But I guess this was the best offer (so be it). I am going to miss him being here though.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #45
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 91318 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
I'm somewhat shocked. Not because we traded him because it does make sense for cap relief. But because we only got a 4th round pick. I believe he might be a bit better in a 4-3 system we should have tried to get more for him since Philly is weak at LB. But I guess this was the best offer (so be it). I am going to miss him being here though.
I believe it is a swap of 3rds as well. Is it like a 12 spot move up for us?
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

if its posted on the internets it has to be correct.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Rey is watching you through the window. Close the blinds!

And I always feel like
Somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
Whooooa-oh-oh
Old 03-22-2012   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
or not. nice try at a worn out joke though.
It's an oldie but a goodie. Don't be so sensitive. My niece goes to A&M. I wish I would've. What discipline are you getting your engineering degree in?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #49
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
[Mario Williams] but his comfort lies in a 4-3 defense which is what Buffalo is returning to in 2012.
If taken at face value his comfort might indeed lie in the 4-3, but I think one could argue that, while short lived, he was more effective in the 3-4 than the 4-3.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #50
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If taken at face value his comfort might indeed lie in the 4-3, but I think one could argue that, while short lived, he was more effective in the 3-4 than the 4-3.
Sorry 5 games doesn't make a season at all.. not even enough data to make that statement.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #51
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Sorry 5 games doesn't make a season at all.. not even enough data to make that statement.
While short lived.

Who said anything about all season? He was effective for 5 out of 5 games. Hell, on his last play as a Texan, the play where he got hurt, he was dragging a QB with him.

While short lived, he was effective.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It's an oldie but a goodie. Don't be so sensitive. My niece goes to A&M. I wish I would've. What discipline are you getting your engineering degree in?
Hey, I'm an Aggie Dad. My daughter is an '07 grad of the School of Engineering
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #53
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I figured as much, you engineering types usually aren't known for your abilities to infer sarcasm over the internet. Good luck in your future internetting though!
Old 03-23-2012   #54
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey, I'm an Aggie Dad. My daughter is an '07 grad of the School of Engineering
That's cool. What discipline?

Quote:
Yeah I figured as much, you engineering types usually aren't known for your abilities to infer sarcasm over the internet. Good luck in your future internetting though!
I must be the exception to that!!
Old 03-23-2012   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I beg your pardon.... *I'm* an engineer myself.
and I can infer just as well as the next internet weinie...

[quote=DocBar;1924513]That's cool. What discipline?

Double major: IE & Math. Minor in Business/Project Mgmt.

the was because she got hired right out of school. She got off my payroll onto someone elses. ...well, mostly
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #56
DocBar
Hall of Fame

[quote=ObsiWan;1924522]I beg your pardon.... *I'm* an engineer myself.

Quote:

the was because she got hired right out of school. She got off my payroll onto someone elses. ...well, mostly
That's awesome, Obsi. I hope my son can get half of that accomplished. He's 17 and acting every bit of it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is IE?
Old 03-23-2012   #57
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
You're correct, five games doesn't make a season... And you are correct again that there isn't enough data...

With all of that out of the way: i didn't need to see it a whole season, and i don't need to look over data! I saw an absolute beast at OLB when Mario was in there, something i didn't see in him as a DE (and i think he's a damn good DE)...

I don't know if it was because of the way offenses covered him in Wade's 34 vs. a 43, or if being a little further outside more often helped him pick the point of attack/whatever better, or hell maybe he was just playing harder (contract year), but he was looking scary as hell...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #58
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=DocBar;1924529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I beg your pardon.... *I'm* an engineer myself.

That's awesome, Obsi. I hope my son can get half of that accomplished. He's 17 and acting every bit of it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is IE?
Instrument and Electrical
Old 03-23-2012   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

And I always feel like
Somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
Whooooa-oh-oh
Off topic, but DB that's really kinda disturbing.... *shivers*
Old 03-24-2012   #60
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=ObsiWan;1924522]I beg your pardon.... *I'm* an engineer myself.

Quote:

you and docbar must admit that you're the 1% of the engineering community. you aren't trained to be an engineer, you're either born one or you aren't. Very distinct personality you engineers have, I work around a lot of you

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read