Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2012   #1
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great Article on Demeco's trade.

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/mar/...-trading-deme/
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Article on Demeco's trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Dang. Missed the 2010 quad tear. Now I'm really glad we unloaded Demeco!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What... WHAT??...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Article says they have nine picks? I thought they got a 4th but only switched 3rds?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the most informative article I have ever read. I learned so many new things about this team that I didn't know before! A+ Would read again! I'm sure it is very unlikely that the OP is the author of it...

Old 03-21-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What... WHAT??...
Don'tcha know, that miserable lyin' Texans FO has been lyin' to us all along.....and now the Eagles, about his REAL 2010 injury. No wonder the Eagles feel like they got such a deal. They're going to poop their pants when they find out the truth!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That was the most informative article I have ever read. I learned so many new things about this team that I didn't know before! A+ Would read again! I'm sure it is very unlikely that the OP is the author of it...

If I'm not mistaken the OP's name is Jason Miday, lives in katy and has a daughter...

The author of the piece is named Joel Roza

edit: Actually he has a son too and I believe another one on the way or either a new born...
Old 03-21-2012   #9
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If I'm not mistaken the OP's name is Jason Miday, lives in katy and has a daughter...

The author of the piece is named Joel Roza

edit: Actually he has a son too and I believe another one on the way or either a new born...
Woah and you know this how?
Old 03-21-2012   #10
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind

Image courtesy of False Start

Last edited by G27RR; 03-22-2012 at 10:25 AM.
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rey is watching you through the window. Close the blinds!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #12
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Rey is watching you through the window. Close the blinds!
"Hide yo kids, hide yo wives, and hide yo husband!"
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ouch.

T'was a good read, thanks OP.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
From your first post ever on the board when you introduced yourself.

You might want to go back and edit that if you don't want it to be common message board knowledge.
Old 03-21-2012   #15
The Medic01
Veteran

Quote:
From your first post ever on the board when you introduced yourself.
Forgot about that. And you remembered that. That was months ago.
Old 03-21-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
Rey, not sure you need to put all those details out there in public like that, just say you know who the guy is and he's not the author.
I didn't put those details out, he did.

But thanks for playing.
Old 03-21-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Forgot about that. And you remembered that. That was months ago.
I remembered you introducing yourself, but I was curious when you were not so slyly accused of being the author (that dutchrudder! Such a kidder!) so I went back and checked. Didn't take long at all. You only had two pages worth of posts.

I actually was trying to see if you had posted any more posts linking the authors work.

Based on what I saw I think it's safe to assume you are not Mr. Groza.
Old 03-21-2012   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remembered you introducing yourself, but I was curious when you were not so slyly accused of being the author (that dutchrudder! Such a kidder!) so I went back and checked. Didn't take long at all. You only had two pages worth of posts.

I actually was trying to see if you had posted any more posts linking the authors work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why it's elementary... my dear Watson...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #20
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

"Wade Phillips is back, Gary Kubiak is back, and the team will still have the same swagger. They’ve got holes to fill – holes created by their cap-reducing moves. But they’ve still got a draft and some bargain aisle free agency to walk through before we declare them a ‘shell of their former selves’.

No need to freak out yet, folks. Let the off-season run its course before offering a final grade." - article quoted

Hmm... The same swagger? I sure hope that writer is right. It's kind of hard to have that swagger when you lose the heart and soul of your defense. A guy who was once deemed the defensive captain and team MVP (DeMeco Ryans). They were prepared to overcome the loss of Mario Williams and Brisiel. They should have kept big-E though. Now the Chiefs got themselves one hell of a Right Tackle for no good reason.

I'm sorry but the Texans should have kept Ryans and Winston... PERIOD!

You go out and release Jacoby Jones, Kareem Jackson. Whoever else is easy to replace with rookies in the draft and making a lot of money. Guys who play like idiots and have no clue what they're doing half the time. Not the hard-working players with big hearts like Ryans and Winston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read