Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2012   #81
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow to the Jets

I'll join you on that one.

Maybe he wants to try and be successful outside of his comfort zone? Or maybe he doesn't think he has much of a chance to get into the playoffs with the Jags, but does with the Jets?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #82
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, the only legitimate #2 QB the Jets have, Stanton, is demanding to be traded or released.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #83
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'll sum it up in one picture, a visual graph of NFL people based on their number of mentions per week on ESPN:
Do you hate on Peyton now since he's been in the news so much over the last few weeks? Or Brady since he's #2. (Very cool visual, btw.)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #84
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Why all the Tebow hate? Just because he's not ashamed to admit he's a Christian? The media is a brutal, ugly business IMHO, and most of the negative attitudes stem from them. What exactly has the boy done to cause such nastiness. He's a QB in the NFL who wants a chance to prove he can succeed. He's not the only player who kneels and says a prayer of thanks to God above!! I just don't understand why so many fans detest him.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or sincere with the first part. But as far as hating the I do not. I don't hate his religion or his beliefs. I think he's decent person and from what I've seen he's a good man.

What I am sick of is the media coverage he gets for being a decent person and good man and a good christian, not for being a good QB which he cleary isn't. The hype is not his fault and I understand that. The media will jump on anyhting that gets ratings.

What I don't understant is why so many fans adore him for the person but can't see past his obvious flaws as a QB. And it is assumed that anyone who doesn't have a shrine to St. Tebow dislikes him for his religious beliefs.
Old 03-22-2012   #85
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Do you hate on Peyton now since he's been in the news so much over the last few weeks? Or Brady since he's #2. (Very cool visual, btw.)
No, Peyton doesn't get mentioned nearly as much as Tebow, and he earned the accolades he gets. He's a hall of fame QB and an incredible player. He's the headliner of free agency too, so I expect a lot of the coverage to die down now that he has found a home. Tebow won't die out for a long time, he has filled the void that Favre left, and the media loves it. I really could care less about the guy, but I'll be watching to see how the NY Jets circus goes this season. Rex Ryan turned the franchise into the Jersey Shore, but throwing Tebow into the mix ought to be entertaining. I'm hoping hilarity will ensue.

Brady I don't like because he's a stuck up ******* and gets preferential treatment from the refs. He does get a lot of media coverage though, but I think that has a lot to do with the Boston sports media.
Old 03-22-2012   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm hoping hilarity will ensue.
Hehe, I wonder if Tim will try to "cure" Sanchez of his "affliction".
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #87
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Well color me surprised...

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Jaguars really wanted Tebow. @AdamSchefter reports JAX offered more money, better pick than NYJ. Tebow ultimately chose the #Jets.
If true Tebow is stupid. He would have been handed the starting job and he would be a hero of such magnitude they would have been ripping tarps off in Jacksonville. Instead he goes to become a trick pony #2 where if he ever starts the fans will eat him alive throwing 46% completions.

Also his running is on film now. You can see it last year that teams were getting used to his schtick. Other than NE his numbers tailed off heavily and NE was playing soft with a huge lead knowing he would never run them into a comeback.
Old 03-22-2012   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have loved Tebow to JAX. More nationally televised games for us...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #89
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Now, the only legitimate #2 QB the Jets have, Stanton, is demanding to be traded or released.
Stanton as a legit #2 is highly questionable...at best. I don't think he has ever gone into a season that high in the pecking order anywhere since he has been in the league.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #90
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or sincere with the first part. But as far as hating the I do not. I don't hate his religion or his beliefs. I think he's decent person and from what I've seen he's a good man.

What I am sick of is the media coverage he gets for being a decent person and good man and a good christian, not for being a good QB which he cleary isn't. The hype is not his fault and I understand that. The media will jump on anyhting that gets ratings.

What I don't understant is why so many fans adore him for the person but can't see past his obvious flaws as a QB. And it is assumed that anyone who doesn't have a shrine to St. Tebow dislikes him for his religious beliefs.
Not being sarcastic at all. It's not his fault the media blows things up the way they do. How long has he been in the league, two years? He's had a lot of pressure put on him, just from the media blitz. It's the fans that act like fools, not him! I'm not saying I'm a huge Tebow fan either, really could care less right now. I do have a tendency to pull for the underdog though!

Maybe he chose the Jets so he would get less attention. Sanchez is their man, and he knows that. Maybe a good QB coach can do wonders with him, who knows. No hidden agendas in my post at all. Just asking a couple questions.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012   #91
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If true Tebow is stupid. He would have been handed the starting job and he would be a hero of such magnitude they would have been ripping tarps off in Jacksonville. Instead he goes to become a trick pony #2 where if he ever starts the fans will eat him alive throwing 46% completions.

Also his running is on film now. You can see it last year that teams were getting used to his schtick. Other than NE his numbers tailed off heavily and NE was playing soft with a huge lead knowing he would never run them into a comeback.
Maybe someone spoke to Tebow??? I'm thinking it was Jesus Christ.
Old 03-22-2012   #92
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Pat Robertson weighs in on the Tebow trade:

Quote:
Television evangelist Pat Robertson says the Denver Broncos didn’t show enough loyalty to Tim Tebow, and they may pay for it this season.

After the Broncos signed Peyton Manning and traded Tebow to the Jets, Robertson said he thinks it demonstrates that Tebow isn’t appreciated. And he said that if Manning’s neck injury keeps him off the field, the Broncos will be sorry.

“I think the Denver Broncos treated him shabbily,” Robertson said, via Mediaite.com. “He won seven games, he brought them into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory. And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...broncos-right/

A "Man of God"? lolz...
Old 03-23-2012   #93
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pat Robertson weighs in on the Tebow trade:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...broncos-right/

A "Man of God"? lolz...
"Something happened a long time ago in Denver, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said. "They were under the heel of the Shanahans ... and they got together and swore a pact to the Mannings. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the Shanahans.'"
Old 03-23-2012   #94
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
"Something happened a long time ago in Denver, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said. "They were under the heel of the Shanahans ... and they got together and swore a pact to the Mannings. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the Shanahans.'"
Now, that's FUNNY!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed one!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #95
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait...what's that? It's the sound of Jimmy...and he's cracking corn!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #96
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

The drama begins. This article is hilarious, it pretty much highlights how emotionally weak Mark Sanchez is and how Tebow feels he has a better shot at starting over Sanchize (who just received a huge extension) over Blaine Gabbert (who is arguably one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL).

Quote:
Report sounds like Tebow is coming after Sanchez

Mark Sanchez doesn't need this. Mark Sanchez doesn't want this. Mark Sanchez might not be able to handle this.

As if the New York Jets simply trading for Tim Tebow wasn't enough to keep Sanchez strung out, the New York Daily News is reporting that Tebow believes he can beat out Sanchez for the starting quarterback job.

Per a story in Friday's edition of the newspaper: "A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources tell the Daily News."

That thud you just heard was Sanchez punching a wall.

Look, the Jets can slice it, dice it and spin it any which way they want, but there's no way around it: They have a Category 5 quarterback controversy on their hands. Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan can call Sanchez the starter until they're blue in the face -- nothing's going to diffuse the situation.

And if Tebow is gunning for Sanchez's job, not understanding he's the backup ... that definitely ramps up everything to the next level.

Can training camp hurry up and get here already?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012   #97
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When Tebow to the Jets was first announced, I told a friend of mine that Tebow was expecting the higher power to make the "challenged" QB the top dog in NY. I next suspect to see pea soup flying and Tebow's head spinning in a very unnatural way, as he has made a deal with another "entity."

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-23-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-23-2012   #98
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

LMFAAFO!!11!!!!

Why the hell did the Jets do this?

It's so strange...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012   #99
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Unbelieveable but predictable!!!!!!!

Up goes the first Tebow billboard in New York

Quote:
It’s only a matter of time before someone puts up a billboard in New York (possibly Times Square) urging the Jets to bench Mark Sanchez and roll with Tim Tebow.

Two days in advance of the most anticipated press conference for any backup quarterback in NFL history, the first Tebow billboard officially is in place, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

As of 12:00 p.m. ET Saturday, Jockey placed a billboard outside Lincoln Tunnel. Bearing a picture of Tebow’s face, the billboard says, “We support Tebow & New York.”

In a statement released by the company, Jockey said that the billboard “plants a stake in the ground that NYC is now officially Tebow-country.”

Mark Sanchez most likely does not approve of this message.
Old 03-24-2012   #100
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unbelieveable but predictable!!!!!!!

Up goes the first Tebow billboard in New York

LOL. It couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read