Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-20-2012   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ILB Prospects.

With the trading of Demeco and already being thin at ILB who do you guys think we'll go after and in what round? I am not looking forward to starting Sharpton.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ILB Prospects.

Crack pipe dream- trade up for Keuchly. He will be a top 5 ILB for years.

Other than that, it is a pretty weak class IMO.

Burfict was supposed to be a stud, but has looked like a dud. maybe in the 4th, but no earlier than that.

Hightower could be good, but I just have an uneasy feeling about the guy, cant explain it. A round 1 candidate.

Kendricks would be solid in the 2nd or 3rd. He is a bit undersized though, but a very willing thumper.

Cole from NC State could be had in the 4th.

After those guys, it is pretty slim pickings.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #3
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

best value for ILB this year his between rounds 4-5.
Burflict, Carder, Cole, James-Michael Johnson, Jerry Franklin.

i would be happy with any of these guys. Burflict only in the 5th though man that guy has fallen!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Cole with that Eagles pick and feel good about it.
Old 03-20-2012   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kendricks in the 2nd or Cole in the 3rd.

I think Kendricks is perfect for us.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Cole in the 3rd I think he's got some stud potential, Franklin in the 4th, and Carder or Burfict in the 5th.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Crack pipe dream- trade up for Keuchly. He will be a top 5 ILB for years.

Other than that, it is a pretty weak class IMO.

Burfict was supposed to be a stud, but has looked like a dud. maybe in the 4th, but no earlier than that.

Hightower could be good, but I just have an uneasy feeling about the guy, cant explain it. A round 1 candidate.

Kendricks would be solid in the 2nd or 3rd. He is a bit undersized though, but a very willing thumper.

Cole from NC State could be had in the 4th.

After those guys, it is pretty slim pickings.
No way I'd take an ILB in the first round....

I believe part of the reason Demeco is no longer here is because of his limited role in this defense...I don't see any reason to take one unless a guy fell you that was just too good to pass up...No way I'd trade up for a guy though..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm tempted to say Burfict because between him and Cushing they might start a fire out there....That'd be awesome to see them feeding off each other...

But my first choice by a slim, slim margin would be Mychal Kendricks somewhere in the second round...If we missed out on him then I'd go after Burfict...

But I agree with Bah007 here...Kendricks would be perfect for us...

But man...The thought of Burfict playing next to Cushing is pretty damn enticing...
Old 03-20-2012   #9
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm tempted to say Burfict because between him and Cushing they might start a fire out there....That'd be awesome to see them feeding off each other...

But my first choice by a slim, slim margin would be Mychal Kendricks somewhere in the second round...If we missed out on him then I'd go after Burfict...

But man...The thought of Burfict playing next to Cushing is pretty damn enticing...
Indeed. If those two are in the middle of the field together this season, I probably wouldn't be able to stand up without being made fun of.
Old 03-20-2012   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if we get Kuechly, paint Smith white, and draft McLellin in the 3-4 round we may be all white up front, I just don't know what nationality Cody his, but he counts as a whitey
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Well, if we get Kuechly, paint Smith white, and draft McLellin in the 3-4 round we may be all white up front, I just don't know what nationality Cody his, but he counts as a whitey
the kkk message board is down the hall and to the right...far right.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #12
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the kkk message board is down the hall and to the right...far right.
LOL Vinny. I HAVE black friends man it's cool.

But maybe I need to clear up that it was just an observation!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

served me a meatball and I took a swing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Really, is it an issue, in my head you have always looked like this

Old 03-21-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah but would you take them to Popeyes?
Old 03-21-2012   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Are there any FA's or tendered players we could look at to fill, or are we planning draft simply for the cheap cost?

Tulloch was just re-signed by the Lions, but DeAndre Levy is still out there. Tendered for a 2nd. Might be a better fit at ILB.

Bart Scott on the trade block?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree...I think he's a fiery competitor...with coaching and maybe some anger management classes, he'll be a fine NFL'er...and I can't imagine him and Cushing getting Mic'd Up. I'd piss my pants from laughter.
Old 03-21-2012   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If Hightower is there at 26, I think we need to take him. No way does Kuechly fall to 26, probably not out of the top 15. Hightower would mean that we replace one Bama MLB with another.
Old 03-21-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If Hightower is there at 26, I think we need to take him. No way does Kuechly fall to 26, probably not out of the top 15. Hightower would mean that we replace one Bama MLB with another.
I didn't see too many people saying we should take MLB before we lost Demeco...

But now, since we lost a player that really had miniscule production on the season we should take a replacement for him in the first round?

I would not oppose the hightower pick simply because he is a really good player and he has versatility in that he can play on the outside some...At the same time, I can see the F.O. passing on ILB there and instead fill that position with a vet, Sharpton and maybe a mid round draft pick....

That second ILB isn't going to get a whole lot of burn...but I could see Hightower playing more than most because of his ability to play outside...
Old 03-21-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't see too many people saying we should take MLB before we lost Demeco...

But now, since we lost a player that really had miniscule production on the season we should take a replacement for him in the first round?

I would not oppose the hightower pick simply because he is a really good player and he has versatility in that he can play on the outside some...At the same time, I can see the F.O. passing on ILB there and instead fill that position with a vet, Sharpton and maybe a mid round draft pick....

That second ILB isn't going to get a whole lot of burn...but I could see Hightower playing more than most because of his ability to play outside...
His versatility would be very helpful in Wade's defense. Even if he's not playing ILB, he could rotate into the OLB position, and his speed of 4.6 ought to make him useful in 3rd down situations. I think he could cover TEs if needed. Might even be able to trade down a bit and still pick him up. Some drafts have him going anywhere from 21 to 38.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read