Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-19-2012   #1
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP
Default Bud Adams . . . Loser - Love it !!!!!!

http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...5-5f1f7f605926

TITANS OWNER K.S. "BUD" ADAMS, JR.

“I want to thank the whole organization for their efforts in trying to sign Peyton and also to Peyton for the time he put into the process. Peyton called me this morning to inform me of his decision and obviously I am disappointed, because I thought we would be a perfect fit.

Now that we move forward, I want our fans to know that our expectations haven’t changed – winning a championship is still the goal. I like our quarterback situation moving forward and we will continue to build the team through free agency and the draft with that goal in mind.

I also want to commend Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. They were thrown into a very difficult situation. Matt was very good for us last year; and at some point, we expect Jake to be our future franchise quarterback.”
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams . . . Loser - Love it !!!!!!

Wrong forum.
Old 03-19-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh..................................
Old 03-19-2012   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha .. LOVE IT!!!

Also shows what the Denver FO thought of Tim Albatross Tebow.

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #5
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Wrong forum.
oops sorry bout' that - shoulda known better - my bad

thx for switching it
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Go to Hell Bud!!!!
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

So who else in here thinks Peyton signed with Denver because Tebow was cutting into his face time?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2012   #8
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I also want to commend Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker. They were thrown into a very difficult situation.
Haha, yes they were, Bud. Have fun with that.
Old 03-19-2012   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Miss out on Mario because you wanted Manning. Miss out on Manning because you were never going to get him anyway. Miss out on Myers/Wells because you wanted Manning.

Old 03-19-2012   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh Lord . . This place has definitely gone to hell in a hand basket.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #11
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, you guys, Bud Adams is a human being. He's done questionable things (like we all have), but I believe a lot of people here are frontin' for no real reason other than he took our football team away...a football team, I might add, that played 37 season in Houston, compared to the mere 15 seasons they've been gone, and in 10 of those years we've had our beloved Texans.

The guy served in WWII and was also an extremely integral part in the creation and continuance of the AFL, which we owe a great debt to.

His spirited, though sometimes suspect ownership method has done more good than bad. He gave football fans Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville and Jeff Fisher. Sometimes I think if only our owner had that much fire in his guts for who he's hired!

The Titans might be rivals, and no, I do not like them, but they have damn cool uniforms (if that counts for anything).

I just don't think he's any more of a turd than other people we know personally, but because he's in the position he's in, he catches flack for it. Football is a business, and the same business principals that drove Adams away from Houston is the same business acumen that made the AFL thrive.

All I'm saying is that he's 89 years old and the chances are getting slimmer that he'll see his team go to the Super Bowl and win it. That's a shame for a man of his pedigree for all he's done for the sport.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Hey, you guys, Bud Adams is a human being. He's done questionable things (like we all have), but I believe a lot of people here are frontin' for no real reason other than he took our football team away...a football team, I might add, that played 37 season in Houston, compared to the mere 15 seasons they've been gone, and in 10 of those years we've had our beloved Texans.

The guy served in WWII and was also an extremely integral part in the creation and continuance of the AFL, which we owe a great debt to.

His spirited, though sometimes suspect ownership method has done more good than bad. He gave football fans Bum Phillips, Jerry Glanville and Jeff Fisher. Sometimes I think if only our owner had that much fire in his guts for who he's hired!

The Titans might be rivals, and no, I do not like them, but they have damn cool uniforms (if that counts for anything).

I just don't think he's any more of a turd than other people we know personally, but because he's in the position he's in, he catches flack for it. Football is a business, and the same business principals that drove Adams away from Houston is the same business acumen that made the AFL thrive.

All I'm saying is that he's 89 years old and the chances are getting slimmer that he'll see his team go to the Super Bowl and win it. That's a shame for a man of his pedigree for all he's done for the sport.
he left town with my Oilers.

Nothing can be said of him that will erase that. Screw Bud Adams. I hope the devil bonks him in hell.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #14
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The guy served in WWII...

You know who else was in WWII?

Old 03-19-2012   #15
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6653 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

You know who else was in WWII?

Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #16
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's his turd, let him roll around in it.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #17
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
HEY KID!!! LEARN FROM THE MASTER!!!

Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Imma go out of the proverbial limb and guess that you weren't an Oilers fan.
And I know for damn sure, you weren't a fan during the Luv Ya Blue era.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #19
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, and peeps are acting like Bud Adams turned the Zyclon B on 6 millions Jews and Poles, too. The guy is not evil. Not by a longshot.

What's closer to evil is that 15 years later people harbor actual ill will towards a fellow human being - an elder to most of us - talking about the mote in this dude's eye while they have planks in their own.

Surely our passion for sports does not cause a dispassion towards our fellow man, does it?

I just thought this thread is far more juvenile than I thought it should be. That Bud Adams is an A-hole, yes...but that he should go to Hell and people should wish him anguish? No.

Forgive me, but this is about as myopic as it gets.

Edit: And yes, Michaelm, I was an Oilers fan, when I started watching them with my father in 1978. I have tons of Oilers memorabilia, including a complete set of Oilers 1960, 1961 and 1966 cards. Even my avatar pays tribute to the 1974 Houston Texans.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud Adams is a human being.
Not sure the point here since every person that has ever lived was still a human being no matter who there were.

The issue with Bud is that it seems that his number one motive is "sticking it to the city and fans of Houston".

The only thing better than him never seeing his team win a Super Bowl before he dies is him seeing the new team in Houston win one before he dies.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read