Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2012   #1
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2087 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Wallace to the Texans Petition

Who else would love to see the Texans give up their #26 pick and sign Mike Wallace from the Steelers?
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Wallace to the Texans Petition

as much as i would love to have mike wallace i just dont see the texans doing it. I see them drafting a WR. Him along with AJ on the same field would cause major problems for opoosing defenses for sure.
Old 03-18-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are we going to get 8-10 million dollars to sign him? The dude isn't going to be taken away from the Steelers any time soon, they have the right to match the offer as well.
Old 03-18-2012   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

don't have the $$$ to sign him to a big enough deal that he would want.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #5
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2087 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see a lot of options for the Texans at #26. I think Kevin Walter is going to start over anyone they could draft at that spot, and if the Texans go OLB or DT or offensive line at #26, they won't draft a receiver until the second round and they will probably be #4 on the depth chart behind Jacoby.
Old 03-18-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
I just don't see a lot of options for the Texans at #26. I think Kevin Walter is going to start over anyone they could draft at that spot, and if the Texans go OLB or DT or offensive line at #26, they won't draft a receiver until the second round and they will probably be #4 on the depth chart behind Jacoby.
Arian was undrafted, i'm sure we will be fine
Old 03-18-2012   #7
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Kubiak wants his receivers to know the offensive an show great effort and blocking in the run game, and that is something jones and Walter do well. I think whoever gets drafted by the Texans is not going to see a lot of playing time the first year.
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2012   #8
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak wants his receivers to know the offensive an show great effort and blocking in the run game, and that is something jones and Walter do well. I think whoever gets drafted by the Texans is not going to see a lot of playing time the first year.
Our system needs some experience to get used to. Wallace wouldn't be an automatic starter which would be just a waste of cap space. Better off with a rook for cap space reasons.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Wallace would start from day 1.

Not sure what some of you are talking about.

I don't know the Texans cap space figures, but from everything I've heard/read it doesn't appear that this would be a move we could make...but I donno for sure
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #10
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Our system needs some experience to get used to. Wallace wouldn't be an automatic starter which would be just a waste of cap space. Better off with a rook for cap space reasons.
I think any veteran receiver with nfl experience would be an automatic starter, I just don't think a rookie out of college would.
Old 03-18-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cap room?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If not Mike Wallace, how about Morley Safer?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #13
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, but as other members have said, Wallace will cost too much cheddar for the Texans right now. I mean, hell, they are not even going after Early Doucet. Ya know why?

Uncle Bob made it very clear that the Texans would not go after a FA WR. Instead, he said they would go after a WR in the draft. Bob also placed an emphasis on speed for said WR.

The more I think about it this leads me to believe three things:

1.) Contrary to what I wanted the Texans will take a WR in the 1st round if the guy they want is there.

2.) Because of this, whichever WR they draft they'll want to start right away (see every 1st rounder almost anyone has ever drafted).

3.) Bob's words eliminates several bigger names in the 1st round due to sub-par 40s - which is fine, because the quicker guys (at least by combine or pro day numbers) might just fall as low as #26.

In short, Bob's especially in the know about this year's draft, and he's made that clear. And although Uncle Bob is not one to generally force his will on his GM and coach, it sounds like to me they've already reach a quorum.

If Dale and Shane could die, then anything could happen with the Texans this year. Just as the mayans predicted.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
If not Mike Wallace, how about Morley Safer?
I was thinking the same thing. That Morley Safer guy is the balls.
Old 03-18-2012   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

You gonna put up the $10-12 million its going to take to sign him?

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #16
whitewater
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 whitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respectedwhitewater is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who else would love to see the Texans give up their #26 pick and sign Mike Wallace from the Steelers?
I would, that's who.
whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

What is this place coming to???

Geez Louise.

Why would we pay Mike Wallace upwards of 8 or 9 or 10 million when we can draft and pay a rookie WR a paltry rookie salary for like, oh I don't know...four years?

We also have Lestar Jean for those with short memories. He was turning into a preseason sensation before getting hurt and I.R.'d. Him and Yates were clickin' like boneless chicken in the preseason.

Has boredom reduced us to this? Stay strong out there, guys. Meet back here tomorrow and run your thread ideas through me before posting them. I will help sort out the good ideas from the bad ideas.
Old 03-18-2012   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cap room?
This is Madden .... <//////////} a buncha cap room ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In direct answer to your question:

Not me.

I'd rather have the draft pick. A first round WR pick would be less expensive (Wright would give us Wallace-type speed AND a kick returner). And if we don't go WR, we need a quality OL or OLB with that pick. Since this WR draft class if fairly deep, we could get a quality guy in the 2nd round.

Lastly, and I admit less important, I want that comp pick for giving up Mario. Signing Wallace - even if we had the cap room - may well negate that comp pick.
Old 03-19-2012   #20
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cap room?
This.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read