Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: i couldnt help but laugh when i saw this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The time for those minimal expectations is gone.
We should, at a minimum, (1) defend our division championship, (2) get a first round bye, and (3) be one of the teams slugging it out in the AFC championship game.

Those are reasonable and achievable goals. We should expect to get at least two out of three. Winning the division and making it to the championship game is in the team's hands. The first round bye thing depends on how successful other teams are compared to us so that's not totally within our control.
Yep. Our division is now weak -- we should win it for the next few years. Expectations are appropriately high.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #22
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

For a minute I thought someone had posted one of my paychecks.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so sad and depressed & then I think about how ESPN blabberheads will be saying, "Yep, you heard it here first on ESPN that Texans made it to Super Bowl. "

Suddenly I am no longer sad.
Old 03-19-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah i know, i think BSPN meant NEW guys to the team and not old players who they are re signing. Oh well i dont care i actually think that the texans have done a great job so far with what we have to spend.

It still just made me laugh when i saw none.
I hear ya'....

They should have a category that says "retained" for a team's own fee agents that chose to stay with their team. That would make the list more respectable, but then again...like you said...that's not up BSPN's alley.
Old 03-19-2012   #25
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it is quite a difference from earlier years when our released players were bagging groceries the following season. silver lining.
Actually, we were the ones signing the players we found bagging groceries.

I agree with you and Malloy...when other teams scoop up your FA/cuts right away, then you know things are finally getting better.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read