Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-18-2012   #1
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Alex Smith

Personally I think Alex Smith can be a good to great QB in this league. I know alot of you might think differently. It seems the thoughts on Alex Smith are that he is pretty much an overall bust. Think on this though....No other QB in the history of the league( no confirmation but im pretty sure ) has had to go thru a new OC and system every single year he has been in the league. thats 7 years 7 different systems. No one not even the great Payton Manning or Joe Montana would do well in those circumstances. If SF does sign Payton or the deal with Miami goes thru thats 8 for 8. I feel sorry for this kid I personally feel he will be a good QB if he could ever get comfortable with a system and have some continuity.

Just my thoughts.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith

He's not useless, he's just not great. He's a slightly above average QB that was taken #1 overall. He didn't live up to expectations, so in that sense he's a bust. Had he been drafted in the 3nd round, he would probably be OK, but then again the team wouldn't have stuck with him because the money wouldn't have dictated the situation.
Old 03-20-2012   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was rooting for the 49ers to win the Superbowl. One reason is that I like the 49ers, and the second it would have driven up the value of my autographed authentic Alex Smith jersey. Well, maybe someday it's still possible.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a rumor the other day on the radio that the Texans were interested in Alex Smith...

I think he'd be a good QB in this offense...He'd be pretty dangerous on those roll outs...

The radio guys dismissed it, and I did too...

But when I think about it, it makes some sense....If Schaub can't play you really only have Yates to fall back on...Probably not going to get a top tier QB in the draft...No other QB's out there that are really that great...

Smith played well in the play-offs and I think he's probably a bit better than Yates.

I think this system is more QB friendly than a lot of other ones in the sense that it sets up some very make-able throws for the QB...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

he's not very accurate. Nice guy though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised that he could actually run so yes, he would be dangerous as a roll-out QB. Plus, I think he's improved his accuracy and some of the throws I've seen him make to Vernon Davis (TE) were simply amazing. Really interested to see what he does this upcoming season!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I was surprised that he could actually run so yes, he would be dangerous as a roll-out QB. Plus, I think he's improved his accuracy and some of the throws I've seen him make to Vernon Davis (TE) were simply amazing. Really interested to see what he does this upcoming season!
why were you surprised? That was his strong point coming out of college.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2012   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
why were you surprised? That was his strong point coming out of college.
Probably because the few games I've watched of him in the past he either got sacked or got frustrated and forced a throw which resulted in an INT.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read