Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-18-2012   #1
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Flynn to Seahawks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-seahawks/
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Matt Flynn to Seahawks

If they can get a receiver that can stay healthy unlike Sidney Rice they could be dangerous.

Not that i'm sold on Flynn, but he has to be an upgrade over Tarvaris Jackson.
Old 03-18-2012   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

dolphins hahahaah
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Called that one correctly and I think Miami plays with who they have. Maybe Cleveland will trade for #26.Tackle #4, Wright #22 and Tannehill #26. I'd love their 2nd & 3rd.
Old 03-18-2012   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

They had good luck with the last GB backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes me wonder why in the hell HC Caroll gave up so much for Jesus look-a-like? Caroll should have known it wasn't going to work out, he could have improved the offense with the picks they gave up for Whitehurst.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a few more rounds on the QB carousel. Peyton to Team A. Team A's QB to Team B. Team C going for Team B's QB, looking at the draft, or keeping their own. Crazy stuff.
Old 03-18-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Called that one correctly and I think Miami plays with who they have. Maybe Cleveland will trade for #26.Tackle #4, Wright #22 and Tannehill #26. I'd love their 2nd & 3rd.
No way Tannehill lasts that long. Not only the Browns, but the Dolphins and possibly the Chiefs are interested in Tannehill. Maybe the Browns take him at #4, but the Fins or the Chiefs could even move up to #3. QBs going 1-2-3 has occurred twice. Once in 1999 (Couch, McNabb, Akili Smith), as well as 1971 (Plunkett, Archie Manning, and Dante Pastorini).
Old 03-18-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Seahawks reached agreement Sunday with Matt Flynn on a three-year deal, bringing one of the most wanted -- yet unproven -- free agents to the Pacific Northwest to try and solidify Seattle's QB position.

The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
That's actually a very reasonable contract IMO. Way less than what Kevin Kolb got, and they both had similar experience. I wish the Browns could have picked him up for that much, as it's not too risky. He could probably be cut in year 2 without much cap penalty. Now the Seahawks don't have to spend a first on Tannehill. Guess we will have to see what happens with the Dolphins. I'm kinda hoping they sign Alex Smith now so the Browns can pick Tannehill up at 22.
Old 03-18-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dolphins should have never made their mascot meaner. As soon as they wiped the smile off that poor Dolphin's face they have never been the same.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That's actually a very reasonable contract IMO. Way less than what Kevin Kolb got, and they both had similar experience. I wish the Browns could have picked him up for that much, as it's not too risky. He could probably be cut in year 2 without much cap penalty. Now the Seahawks don't have to spend a first on Tannehill. Guess we will have to see what happens with the Dolphins. I'm kinda hoping they sign Alex Smith now so the Browns can pick Tannehill up at 22.
Wow that is a lot more reasonable than I thought he would get.

I guess people weren't sold on him......

Just for the record I am going to go with FLOP.
Old 03-18-2012   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
dolphins hahahaah
Their celebrity-chasing owner shot himself in the foot again. Miami was the natural fit for Flynn, but he had to have Peyton so he could impress Jennifer Lopez and out shine the Heat.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #13
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he would be a 'Fin...
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

once manning told them he won't sign with them, i think the dolphins are all in on tannelhill. they're probably just looking for a vet to start for year while tannelhill sits.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

so apparently

miami only offered $4m/yr to flynn
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #16
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Only?

He's played 2 full games. I'm thinking 4 mil a year is a decent amount. Seattle, IMO, has taken a leap of faith here at what was it, 8 mil a year?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Only?

He's played 2 full games. I'm thinking 4 mil a year is a decent amount. Seattle, IMO, has taken a leap of faith here at what was it, 8 mil a year?
10 mill guaranteed for a QB isn't much. Most QBs in the league make more than that each year, so it's not that big of a risk. It's a good deal for the Seahawks, but looks bad for the Dolphins to give him such little money. I guess Philbin didn't think he was all that great.
Old 04-02-2012   #18
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who was the last hot backup QB, largly unproven, that either got traded/signed in FA by another team and proved to be a success?

I'm thinking it could well be our very own Matt Schaub, which doesn't bode well for teams picking up their QB's like this.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read