Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-17-2012   #1
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eric Winston signs with Chiefs

Good luck to him.

Source: @ericwinston
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston signs with Chiefs

Good for Eric...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news for Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis.

Not so good news for Matt Cassel.
Old 03-17-2012   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-right-tackle/
Old 03-17-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, well .... I think Texans released him early so he'd have a shot at biggest money out there. Hope he runs them up against the cap.

Hopefully Eric got enough of a raise to afford some ChapStick.

j/k
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Eric Winston. Wish him the best.
Old 03-17-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

He's gonna be huge for them. Their RT position has been terrible for years.
Old 03-17-2012   #8
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Former Missouri resident and forever a Chiefs fan so I've gotta say I'm happy for the Chiefs running game and glad for their QB that Eric is a RT and not covering the QBs "blind side".
Good luck in KC Eric, you will soon find that it's a great town with great football fans ! And no matter what Texans say, you cannot beat KC's BBQ.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how much they paid him... I wish him nothing but the best.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Good for my friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYhMLEx9kc
Old 03-17-2012   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Former Missouri resident and forever a Chiefs fan so I've gotta say I'm happy for the Chiefs running game and glad for their QB that Eric is a RT and not covering the QBs "blind side".
Good luck in KC Eric, you will soon find that it's a great town with great football fans ! And no matter what Texans say, you cannot beat KC's BBQ.
Am I the only one thinking life time ban?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Best of luck to the "gentle giant!" I remember meeting Eric at his first All Access, and he was so friendly and sweet. Got into a conversation with my granddaughter about pink jerseys. He wanted to buy one for his girlfriend. I hated to see him go cause I'm a sentimental old fool, but, life goes on in the NFL and I wish him nothing but success!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #13
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

My cousin goes to school with his daughter. I told her don't be surprised if Ms. Winston leaves lol.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Even on the day he signed with his new team, Winston admitted that it is still tough to leave the Texans.

It's so bittersweet," Winston said. "I've talked to a lot of old teammates I guess I have to say now. Chris (Myers), Mike (Brisiel) Joel (Dresseen), (Matt) Schaub. Some of the guys, they called me and it was such a nice show of support when I was released. It was really touching and it just goes to show you how close I think we all are and how we still are and how many great friends I made within the organization.

"It wasn't just players. There were so many people within the organization texting me and calling me, wishing me great luck. That was something that was really special and something I will never forget."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...ins-the-chiefs
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Even on the day he signed with his new team, Winston admitted that it is still tough to leave the Texans.

It's so bittersweet," Winston said. "I've talked to a lot of old teammates I guess I have to say now. Chris (Myers), Mike (Brisiel) Joel (Dresseen), (Matt) Schaub. Some of the guys, they called me and it was such a nice show of support when I was released. It was really touching and it just goes to show you how close I think we all are and how we still are and how many great friends I made within the organization.

"It wasn't just players. There were so many people within the organization texting me and calling me, wishing me great luck. That was something that was really special and something I will never forget."

That was classy of him when he had a legitimate gripe. Now Mario on the other hand...
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Geeezzzz, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I absolutely HATE Rick Smith!! Our Oline was just beginning to gel due to the rapport and respect the guys had for each other. The Texans messed with a good thing, and now we've lost Brisiel as well. I just hope Butler, or whoever, has half the heart Eric has. YEA, I know it's a business, blah, blah, blah, but, when you have a team that CLICKS you just don't screw it up, esp if you want to win a championship! It takes guts, heart, soul, and love for each other, as well as talent. Not every player is gonna have it all, that's why they depend on each other. JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

22 million / 4 years

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-four-years/
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #18
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Surprised by the contract # as I would have thought the guaranteed money alone would have been close to the contract total ? Looks like Myers really was more valuable to the Texans than Winston even though he's just a center and Winston is a tackle ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Surprised by the contract # as I would have thought the guaranteed money alone would have been close to the contract total ? Looks like Myers really was more valuable to the Texans than Winston even though he's just a center and Winston is a tackle ?
Looks like there may have been something more to the Texans not re-signing Winston besides money. Maybe, for the money, concern over his pass protection may have weighed in as heavy as they have with many of us.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Looks like there may have been something more to the Texans not re-signing Winston besides money. Maybe, for the money, concern over his pass protection may have weighed in as heavy as they have with many of us.
Probably thought Myers was more valuable at that price than Winston was and couldn't keep both.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read