Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2012   #101
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers re-signs with HOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yeah, not a fan of Caldwell starting.
Me neither, I really hope Shelly Smith comes to play in spring training. I'm high on him. I like Caldwell in his backup G/C role. Maybe he develops from mediocre to good with time but right now he does not look like anymore than a backup.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I've not been a fan of Caldwell. But last year, he played the season with a high ankle sprain........something that you never really get over in the course of a season. The offseason will have allowed him the required rest and rehab, and in itself should prove beneficial to his potential performance.

The other thing is that he was put at guard. At Alabama he was a dang good center. When he came to the Texans, he was touted as a center/guard. But the truth is that his natural position is center. He only played 14 of his 48 Alabama games at guard, and in some of those games he also played center.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #103
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I've not been a fan of Caldwell. But last year, he played the season with a high ankle sprain........something that you never really get over in the course of a season. The offseason will have allowed him the required rest and rehab, and in itself should prove beneficial to his potential performance.

The other thing is that he was put at guard. At Alabama he was a dang good center. When he came to the Texans, he was touted as a center/guard. But the truth is that his natural position is center. He only played 14 of his 48 Alabama games at guard, and in some of those games he also played center.
Same type of injury Myers had the season he got owned by Jenkins, good point.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #104
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Duly noted on both accounts, well said CnD. I had forgotten the injury and that center is his natural position.
Old 03-17-2012   #105
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers resigns with HOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Me too. And I'm a woman.
Not to sidetrack this vital thread but both of you got it backwards.
Old 03-17-2012   #106
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Have to believe resigning Foster and Myers were the Texans top 2 priorities going into free agency. Well done.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Have to believe resigning Foster and Myers were the Texans top 2 priorities going into free agency. Well done.
Yes.

I think they knew Mario was gone, but out of a sense of "polite formality" they didn't do anything until after his contract w/ Buffalo was signed.

Then Mario makes his little Tweet jabs at the Texans. Eff that guy if that's how he wants to play the game. I really thought he'd leave clean & free, but he couldn't find a way to do it.

The character of a person is not in how they spent their time with the organization, it's how they walk away when their time there is finished. I've been horribly and unjustly "fired" and still held my head high and didn't raise a public stink over it. A lot of us have. So when Mario goes and gets $100 million, and was not even "fired" when you really analyze it all, but yet he cannot have self control over his Tweeting fingers, it just shows his character.

Dunta, too. Carr, too. Eff 'em if they want sympathy from THIS guy.
Old 03-17-2012   #108
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hearing about these tweets but tweeters don't say what they are. Oh well, I guess I'll live.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #109
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I keep hearing about these tweets but tweeters don't say what they are. Oh well, I guess I'll live.
In one, he had a series of maybe 5 or 6 tweets (since each tweet is limited to maybe a sentence or two at most). At the end of the series of tweets, there was some cryptic one that said something about how "I am thankful of the real fans, but to the bandwagon fans I say 'be careful what you ask for'..." which we don't know what he was saying but he labels fans and somehow acts as though there's a sector of fans that need him to educate them on how to view the signing. It was weird.

Another one, a fan was REALLY nice to him and gave him a tweet that told Mario "Congratulations, Mario. Wish we could have had you back but am glad you were rewarded. Wish you the best" or some such thing like that. So Mario tweets back to that fan (messages, in other word) and said "Could have had me back? They never OFFERED me anything to begin with."

Which is just absurd. Even if he wasn't offered anything, maybe ANY offer would have been AS insulting as having not offered. It's all useless. He feels we didn't prepare well enough to retain him at the same price the Bills wanted to spend on him.

Reports are that the Texans offered him $6m less per year than the Bills did, but I don't know if that's been verified yet.

Still, he had something like 3 tweets in a year prior to this. And now his fingers are talking every day now. He's making sure everyone knows how much Buffalo loves him and how perhaps the Texans did not. It's all so useless and comical. He could have kept it above the belt, but he HAD to make sure people knew he wasn't just taking GOBS of money to play in Buffalo....I mean, it's NOT about the money after all. No, there is underlying issues that made him choose the virtual wasteland of the AFC.
Old 03-17-2012   #110
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

While losing Briesel and Winston is a loss.

I've got faith in Butler and Caldwell. Can you give me a general prognosis on how Butler may be doing in his rehab?

Regardless, the Texans need to draft well to replace rhe depth on their OL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #111
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's all so useless and comical.
Finally looked at it myself and agree.

Does anything good happen on twitter? I don't follow it, but the times I do hear about it are usually famous people putting their foot in their mouth, and it seems to happen a lot.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm sorry, I do not understand this line of thinking. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding your meaning.

As one of the guys active in the draft talk.. I consider you a draftnik. & when you say "draft well" you seem to be talking about first day picks, round 1, 2, & 3.

Am I wrong?

Are you suggesting the Texans need to invest at minimum a third round pick to replace Myers (had we lost him; a 6th round pick), Brisiel (an UDFA), & Winston (a 3rd; & arguably the worst of the three).

We've got Shelly, Newton, & Austin. Do you think they are nothing more than depth? No possible starters?
Old 03-17-2012   #113
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

I took his comments as saying we needed depth to replace the guys moving up into starting roles, and that he would do that through the draft.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #114
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
While losing Briesel and Winston is a loss.

I've got faith in Butler and Caldwell. Can you give me a general prognosis on how Butler may be doing in his rehab?

The type of injury that Butler sustained, following its surgical repair, should allow him an excellent chance of returning to peak performance by OTA's.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #115
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In one, he had a series of maybe 5 or 6 tweets (since each tweet is limited to maybe a sentence or two at most). At the end of the series of tweets, there was some cryptic one that said something about how "I am thankful of the real fans, but to the bandwagon fans I say 'be careful what you ask for'..." which we don't know what he was saying but he labels fans and somehow acts as though there's a sector of fans that need him to educate them on how to view the signing. It was weird.

Another one, a fan was REALLY nice to him and gave him a tweet that told Mario "Congratulations, Mario. Wish we could have had you back but am glad you were rewarded. Wish you the best" or some such thing like that. So Mario tweets back to that fan (messages, in other word) and said "Could have had me back? They never OFFERED me anything to begin with."

Which is just absurd. Even if he wasn't offered anything, maybe ANY offer would have been AS insulting as having not offered. It's all useless. He feels we didn't prepare well enough to retain him at the same price the Bills wanted to spend on him.

Reports are that the Texans offered him $6m less per year than the Bills did, but I don't know if that's been verified yet.

Still, he had something like 3 tweets in a year prior to this. And now his fingers are talking every day now. He's making sure everyone knows how much Buffalo loves him and how perhaps the Texans did not. It's all so useless and comical. He could have kept it above the belt, but he HAD to make sure people knew he wasn't just taking GOBS of money to play in Buffalo....I mean, it's NOT about the money after all. No, there is underlying issues that made him choose the virtual wasteland of the AFC.
Ahh, ok, I apologize then because I guess I had heard some of that reading up here and there on the board. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #116
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Ahh, ok, I apologize then because I guess I had heard some of that reading up here and there on the board. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.
Mario is saying that his friend was doing all the tweeting from his phone last night.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #117
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The type of injury that Butler sustained, following its surgical repair, should allow him an excellent chance of returning to peak performance by OTA's.
Thats why I love you Cloak. This board is the absolute best source of information because of fantastic members like yourself.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #118
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Mario is saying that his friend was doing all the tweeting from his phone last night.
Meh. Why do we care? Let him light his Partagas's with $100 bills and go on down the road. He is in Buffalo now and irrelevant to the Texans.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #119
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Meh. Why do we care? Let him light his Partagas's with $100 bills and go on down the road. He is in Buffalo now and irrelevant to the Texans.
What tweets are we talking about here?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #120
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Then Mario is a complete flake. FLAKE.

Yeah, here's my phone...tweet away. What a bull**** answer by Mario if there ever was one.

I suppose just like a guy will say, "That weed? Oh, that's not mine. It's my friend's weed. Ask him about it, officer." I suppose he'll play the "My friend was making those tweets" card.

Lame, Mario. Weak sauce, but hey...that's par for the course with you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read