Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2012   #61
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers resigns with HOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Damnit, well we can get his replacement either through the draft or through FA.
No need to , we already have him waitn in the wings. Shelly Smith señor !
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #62
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is great news! This one signing pretty much saves the Texans offseason from being a disaster. Losing Myers along with Briesel and Winston would have been hard to overcome next season. Yeah they could be replaced but 3 new and 2 veterans would take time to mesh. The key was keeping Myers because he is the qb of the line. The rest is gravy. I don't care for Caldwell but I don't think the coaches think he is the answer either so he will probably be a stop gap until a rookie or free agent learns the ropes.

I think they will draft at least one ol in April in the first 3 rounds and sign some undrafted free agent olinemen for depth. Once again, great news! The Texans FO played some big boy poker with Myers and won this time.

I'm happy for Myers too. He got a good contract coming from being a late round pick to being one of the best centers for a zone blocking system.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #63
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
fify
Judging by your last post, you have no idea what you're talking about.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #64
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
That is what I am hoping for bro. I Hope he just flat out beats Caldwell for the starting spot in spring training.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #65
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I'm so relieved that I think I just got a woody.
Me too. And I'm a woman.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 376621 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

What? Myers??

What are these people thinking??!!!???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #67
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 376621 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Me too. And I'm a woman.
Repped.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2012   #68
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Great move but losing Brissel, Winston on the oline and then Mario isn't the best thing. I'm all about teams gelling
Old 03-16-2012   #69
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Great move but losing Brissel, Winston on the oline and then Mario isn't the best thing. I'm all about teams gelling
Didn't need Mario, so he can walk. Winston was giving up far too many sacks, probably a cap casualty. Briesel, maybe but you have Shelly Smith and Caldwell that can come in a replace, not to mention they haven't really talked to any FAs yet...

I think everything is going to be just fine.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
That's a relief, and they stopped at that $6M/yr ceiling I was hoping they would. (Well, close enough). Much less concerned about our line now, and glad they didn't go higher!
I was close. I was thinking $5M/yr, but was flexible. I definitely didn't think he would get an $8M/yr Mangold contract.

Rick did good.
Old 03-16-2012   #71
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
saving 4, 6 & about 20 is like 30 mil in cap savings! I would counter & say this was a good thing

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #72
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Oh yeah that's right. I've heard his name and also obviously Caldwells to start since he did last season.
Old 03-16-2012   #73
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

How can he resign? Isn't he a free agent? (Sorry, couldn't help it)

Thank you Baby Jesus.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #74
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
How can he resign? Isn't he a free agent? (Sorry, couldn't help it)
I know man, I know. I had to punch a baby to keep quiet, lest I be called a grammar nazi.

damnit, now I have shown my true colors, regardless of the punched baby.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #75
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
saving 4, 6 & about 20 is like 30 mil in cap savings! I would counter & say this was a good thing
So losing 2 people on a O line that finally gelled after years of abuse us cool and just easy to plug in people in? I agree with Mario but the Oline was the bread and butter after years if abuse.
Old 03-16-2012   #76
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So losing 2 people on a O line that finally gelled after years of abuse us cool and just easy to plug in people in? I agree with Mario but the Oline was the bread and butter after years if abuse.
But there's a salary cap. When you're up against it, decisions have to be made. In Butler and Caldwell, the Texans felt they had something to fall back on. They'll need to step up. But, they're not replacing Pro Bowlers. And both been on the team for 3 (or more) seasons. I'm giving the Texans the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Old 03-16-2012   #77
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers re-signs with HOU

I've been so busy in TNZ and drinking beer, I didn't even see this. I'm glad to see it. I think.

Not having a clue as to the actual reality of the Texans salary cap, I hope this is a good thing, and we can still sign our draftees this year and our free agents next year.

Otherwise, this sucks. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #78
D1DAVE
Football=life

Rep Power: 93 D1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they know what they are doing.
D1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #79
kingh99

That's great news and ought to give everyone a sigh of relief.
Old 03-16-2012   #80
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
relax, they can both be upgraded as players. far as people I like Eric & Mike much as the next Texan fan but remember its a buisness. Myers was key other than Brown best Rick kept him. Quicker we can move on the better

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read