Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2012   #101
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith is still an amatuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If it's verified, it's verified. They don't just give out the checkmark for everyone. Otherwise I can get verified as THE "TheMatrix31". But who the **** am I?

They have their means to verify.
How? It's one thing to assert it and another to describe the process. Plus with smartphones and computers remembering so much stuff whose to say the same person is using them? My mom told me just the other day she can't even remember her Facebook password. Anyone who got on her computer could login as her.
Old 03-17-2012   #102
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know.

This is their help page.

https://support.twitter.com/groups/3...fied-accounts#

Contact them if you care that much, lol.

And this is a WikiHow page:

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Verifie...unt-on-Twitter
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #103
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Lost Mario - pretty much inevitable, 100 million dollar contract with 50 mil guaranteed? We've seen what our defense can do without him, he was a luxury that we simply could not afford.

2. Re-signed Foster - Absolutely solid. Top 5 RB in the league and what makes our offense go.

3. Cut Leinart/Winston - Ok, here I can see where people get upset. Our very own hot-tub boy did not deserve that. I jest, Winston was a good player. But he was making money that we needed to allocate in other places and apparently the FO believes he can be replaced. I too think that Butler can come in and do at least as good of a job in pass pro (probably better). There WILL be a drop-off in run blocking, Winston has always done a good job in that regard. All in all, sad to see him go, but I understand why and I agree.

4. Lost Briesel - I would have loved to see Mike come back. He was a solid player, but he is REPLACEABLE. That's the beauty of our depth and our system. This was by no means a MUST sign. With the contract he got, I'm glad we didn't throw that kind of cash at him.

5. Re-signed Meyers - Remember what I sad about our system? Meyers runs it perfectly. The head of the O-Line WAS a must-sign. And I get why people would be grouchy when there was uncertainty about losing 3/5 of the O-line. But retaining him is huge, and his contract is pretty reasonable.

I don't see why people are whining about Rick Smith. All these moves have made sense. Maybe he should have seen it coming. But honestly, good teams lose players. Good teams also replace those players and stay good. We'll see how good of a job we do with that in promoting from within and drafting.

Cut Jacoby and I'll give the FO a B+ for the offseason.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #104
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well I guess the first two words of your response sum up the point. A twitter account is well open to fakery or abuse by those close to you. Who knows? Like I said, I find the idea the Texans made no offer at all to Mario to be incredulous so my guess is either Mario is lying (which I also doubt) or I tend to believe the someone got hold of his phone.
Well on Connor Barwin's verified account (which has been around long enough that it should be valid), he said he personally talked to Mario, and Mario told him it was legitimate.
Old 03-17-2012   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm pretty sure that's Mario's twitter. He's exchanging tweets with a bunch of folks that appear to be Texans & exTexans (TJ)... Solomon, Scurfield....

It's him.

Back to Rick Smith... yes, this off-season has been amateur hour at best. I believe there were reasons that prevented us from locking up Mario last year, but what about Myers & Brisiel? They were both part of the league's leading rushers OL & a top 5 offense. That's when they should have been offered deals & never seen FAgency.

Cutting Winston, did he just do a deal? Why was he going to make $4.5M next year? Who's idea was that? Then supposedly it was a surprise to Eric.... couldn't they have at least called him the night before? That's amateur & cold.

Then to sit on our thumbs & wait to manage the cap after they hear what the cap was going to be, did they have no idea? Shouldn't they have been trying to clear cap space anyway? They've had three months to figure out what they wanted to do, wouldn't it have been prudent to clear up as much space as they could, I mean FA was coming regardless.
Old 03-17-2012   #106
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

How could you even begin to put a grade on the offseason? For God's sake, free agency isnt even a week old yet! We still have a MONTH for the draft! Then there's a whole bunch of other **** to go on. I mean, goodness gracious. Are we that destroyed by this Twitter-age, 24 hour news cycle, internetification, ADD bull**** that we're just in an absolute rush to make definitive judgments?

It is too early. Ask me to grade the offseason once the preseason starts.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #107
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Then to sit on our thumbs & wait to manage the cap after they hear what the cap was going to be, did they have no idea? Shouldn't they have been trying to clear cap space anyway? They've had three months to figure out what they wanted to do, wouldn't it have been prudent to clear up as much space as they could, I mean FA was coming regardless.
I believe they were waiting for the new league year to start. before they made those cuts, but they probably could have handled the way they did it better.

(For cap purposes, waiting until the new league year changes what cap year it counts against. It could also possibly be due to some other technicalities I've seen in the cap rules that may have come into play - not sure the extra rules applied to these specific players' situations and don't want to research it right now, but there are some twists to the rules. I do know waiting had cap year implications - as does waiting until June 1st to cut some other guys if they want to).

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2012   #108
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ever occur to you that it might not have been Rick Smith putting the Texans into a cap hell, and more so that little thing that happened over the summer called a lock out? Or even that little thing that happened last year called, Un-Capped year? The new CBA changed everything....

What makes you think they didn't shop Mario Williams around? Can't trade a player on IR. Oh I know, why not shop him before the season? Again, lockout effected everything! Who is to say they didn't really want to keep Mario? Rick Smith had no clue as to what the defense was going to do this year. Had no clue that the defense wouldn't skip a beat after Mario Williams got hurt. Why would you trade your best defensive player? Why would you trade the franchise leader in sacks? You don't unless you absolutely, 100% sure you cannot sign him, and I guarantee you the Texans had every intention to resign Mario Williams, that is until they saw what the defense was like without him...

Your whole post is based on hindsight. At least the Mario Williams part is. Now has Rick Smith made some mistakes, hell yes he has. Has he hit some home runs, hell yes he has. Not every player you get in the draft or in FA is going to be a home run, but he has gotten some outstanding talent on this team thus that outstanding talent eventually needs to get paid.

Now you are concerned about 3 players, who are VERY, VERY replaceable? Seriously? Out of all the FA on the Texans this year, 1 was hurt for 11 games, one was a UDFA and the other gave up more sacks than anybody on the O-line combined. Not a damn concern except Meyers, ONLY becasue he is a zone scheme center, otherwise all would be replaceable...

Also about the cap, this is what happens when you backload contracts, they come back to bite you, BUT had they not, they couldn't go get players like Manning and Joseph. So which is it? Get mediocre players that make you cap friendly and stay mediocre or work out deals that allow you to get those players, and deal with the cap situation later? You think the Texans are the only team in the NFL that goes through this? Look at the Steelers, Pats, Ravens, and any other elite team. Players, good to Pro Bowl players, come and go and they have the same cap situations and those teams have some of the best GMs in the game.

Know what makes those GMs great though, they don't worry about "what if" or "what could have been," they reload and go straight ahead. FA isn't even a week old and everybody is freaking out. Let it work itself out already, damn...

Kinda stupid really....

But I guess this is what happens to fans who have never been in this situation....

Thanks for saving me a lot of keystrokes. I think Tex will come around when they start sizing rings, maybe.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #109
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Then supposedly it was a surprise to Eric.... couldn't they have at least called him the night before? That's amateur & cold.

See, this quoted right here is the kinda thing that makes me think some people here just have a hard-on for hating on Rick Smith no matter what the man does...

REALLY? So basically it's amateur and cold that Smith called Eric and told him he was going to be released, but didn't call him before to warn him that he'd be called and told he was going to be released?

What in the hell do you expect him to do? Just never tell him at all? Not talk to him at all this offseason? Have all of the players and coaches just ignore him come time for OTAs and training camp? Have him walk up to the line first play of practice and say "Hey, wait, what are you doing here? I'm with the starters Butler... is this some type of joke?"

And lastly, do you just not pay attention? If you did you'd slap yourself for typing out the quote above because: The Texans didn't announce he was being released! Eric Winston the man himself tweeted he was being released -wait for it- THE NIGHT BEFORE... so yes, he was called the night before... unless you wanted him to be called the night before the night before and warned about the night before...

I'm all for blasting people when they do something you think is wrong, and TK you usually use pretty good reasoning, but do you really dislike Rick Smith so much you'd come at him so weak?

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #110
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mauling zebras? or Halle Berry in her Cat woman suit?
Fk the tigers, I'm all over that!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #111
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Tigers love __________.
What is pepper?

Cinnamon for $1000, GP.
Old 03-17-2012   #112
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Vinny posted a link that the Texans didn't even offer Mario anything FYI (and yeah the Texans knew they couldn't afford him)
That's Mario's twitter account. Vinny, in the thread over in NFL forum, said it's verified as being Mario.

Mario is suddenly frolicking through the fields of twitter now that he's with Buffalo. I guess $100 million doesn't make the man secure in his manhood, he has to go out and talk trash to puff himself up and make sure everybody knows it's not his fault he had to take that $100 million contract. Poor guy.
Old 03-17-2012   #113
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's Mario's twitter account. Vinny, in the thread over in NFL forum, said it's verified as being Mario.

Mario is suddenly frolicking through the fields of twitter now that he's with Buffalo. I guess $100 million doesn't make the man secure in his manhood, he has to go out and talk trash to puff himself up and make sure everybody knows it's not his fault he had to take that $100 million contract. Poor guy.

Don't know if this LINK has been posted.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-17-2012 at 05:09 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #114
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Don't know if this video has been posted.
link?

Old 03-17-2012   #115
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ever occur to you that it might not have been Rick Smith putting the Texans into a cap hell, and more so that little thing that happened over the summer called a lock out? Or even that little thing that happened last year called, Un-Capped year? The new CBA changed everything....

What makes you think they didn't shop Mario Williams around? Can't trade a player on IR. Oh I know, why not shop him before the season? Again, lockout effected everything! Who is to say they didn't really want to keep Mario? Rick Smith had no clue as to what the defense was going to do this year. Had no clue that the defense wouldn't skip a beat after Mario Williams got hurt. Why would you trade your best defensive player? Why would you trade the franchise leader in sacks? You don't unless you absolutely, 100% sure you cannot sign him, and I guarantee you the Texans had every intention to resign Mario Williams, that is until they saw what the defense was like without him...

Your whole post is based on hindsight. At least the Mario Williams part is. Now has Rick Smith made some mistakes, hell yes he has. Has he hit some home runs, hell yes he has. Not every player you get in the draft or in FA is going to be a home run, but he has gotten some outstanding talent on this team thus that outstanding talent eventually needs to get paid.

Now you are concerned about 3 players, who are VERY, VERY replaceable? Seriously? Out of all the FA on the Texans this year, 1 was hurt for 11 games, one was a UDFA and the other gave up more sacks than anybody on the O-line combined. Not a damn concern except Meyers, ONLY becasue he is a zone scheme center, otherwise all would be replaceable...

Also about the cap, this is what happens when you backload contracts, they come back to bite you, BUT had they not, they couldn't go get players like Manning and Joseph. So which is it? Get mediocre players that make you cap friendly and stay mediocre or work out deals that allow you to get those players, and deal with the cap situation later? You think the Texans are the only team in the NFL that goes through this? Look at the Steelers, Pats, Ravens, and any other elite team. Players, good to Pro Bowl players, come and go and they have the same cap situations and those teams have some of the best GMs in the game.

Know what makes those GMs great though, they don't worry about "what if" or "what could have been," they reload and go straight ahead. FA isn't even a week old and everybody is freaking out. Let it work itself out already, damn...

Kinda stupid really....

But I guess this is what happens to fans who have never been in this situation....
I also thought that was a good post, but that post by someone earlier that said that fans are strictly of the "what have you done for me lately" type? ..couldn't disagree with more. The NFL is supposed to be like that. But fans, in general, dislike the salary cap, because it removes any room for sentimentality and loyalty. Thats why I find a lot of this "pay the man for what he did in the past".
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #116
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
link?

Sorry about that..........

LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #117
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tigers love __________.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What is pepper?
And here I was gonna say Perkins waitresses.
Old 03-17-2012   #118
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry about that..........

LINK
That gal really, really summed it nicely. Thank you for the link.

I, too, had noticed that little line about how "I have fought through adversity..." I heard it the day he spoke it, and it stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

He had the run of the organization while he was there. I mean, outside of being addressed privately by McNair about his street racing hobby...he was treated like freaking royalty.

DeMeco has said that Mario could rule the world...if he WANTED to. Which means what we all know about him--The guy is a flake.

Yeah, I know, he stood on the sidelines in 2011 and supported the team. He rehabbed at Reliant and was exceptional in his conduct along the way. Yeah, yeah, yeah....I get it. But I guess at 27-years-old, Mario Williams has somehow become a martyr.

You'd think he would have been relieved to have survived Draft Gate. He made it. He won! The other two guys are what he thought they were: A distant second and even more distant third from himself. But no, he's maybe ready for a little payback now that he's not with us. He's telling us what he REALLY thought of the Texans fans who questioned him being the #1 pick, he's free to speak his mid now. Because Bob is not his keeper anymore.

I guess maybe me being almost 36, I look back at even when I was 27 (like Mario is now) and I think...."Gee, I still did and said foolish stuff even at the ripe old age of 27." Makes me understand him a little bit, but still...I guess $100 million with $50 million guaranteed doesn't make him feel any better about his days with Houston.

So that's where I break with Mario Williams. He hasn't been through adversity. Matt Schaub has a bigger claim to that than he does. Matt had his season ended and maybe even a Super Bowl visit cancelled by a fat ass who isn't even on a roster anymore. And shouldn't have been on a roster last year, either. Matt Schaub knows about adversity. Mario? Umm, not so sure he does.

I was thinking I could watch him in 2012 and maybe root for him to a degree. Now I just fid myself thinking, "Well, he's made his bed with Texans fans. Let him sleep in it. Eff him, too, if that's what he wants. Whatevs."

/rant.
Old 03-17-2012   #119
GP 
Go Texans!

Come to think of it, he feels he has egg on his face since the Texans defense went absolutely gonzo without him in 2011.

Standing by, on the sidelines in street clothes, thinking "Where was all this before 2011? *******s."

It was a perfect storm for him to think he was now just another broken toy on Misfit Toy Island. He knew he could play the pity card, as if "They don't need old Mario anymore." This is why he says things like, "I just want to be the missing piece of a puzzle that gets Buffalo over the hump. Take them to the next level." In his mind, he wasn't "needed" in Houston anymore.

Geez, this guy. I mean, GEEZ. LMAO.
Old 03-17-2012   #120
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Come to think of it, he feels he has egg on his face since the Texans defense went absolutely gonzo without him in 2011.
I think your imagination is working overtime. You are seeing a lot, that just isn't there. Adversity.... what does that word mean? Has there been any of it here involving Mario.

VY kicking his ass twice at Reliant.... & the injuries themselves, getting snubbed for the pro-bowl (I think it was his sophomore season).

I don't think Mario is taking any shots at the city of Houston, The Houston Texans, or any of the fans that stuck by him.

& take a look at these threads, there are plenty enough for Mario to separate them from his "real fans"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read