Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: thank the lord we didnt sign mario. now what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan80 View Post
thank the lord we didnt spend all of our money on mario. so its time to move on. were not getting peyton. and now we have some cap thats not being used. weve let vincent jackson go. also reggie wayne and pierre garcon. so my bet is that we go get myers and briesel. or myers, mario manningham and other young receivers.
Truly, I'm fine is we lose Myers. I know it sucks, but the only way we'll get him is if we over-pay for him & I don't want to overpay for Myers any more than I want to overpay for Mario.

We should have locked Myers up last year. Same as Mario. But our rookie GM has got to learn his lessons the hard way.
Old 03-15-2012   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Truly, I'm fine is we lose Myers. I know it sucks, but the only way we'll get him is if we over-pay for him & I don't want to overpay for Myers any more than I want to overpay for Mario.

We should have locked Myers up last year. Same as Mario. But our rookie GM has got to learn his lessons the hard way.
I'm thinking of some lyrics from a metal band....

SAD BUT TRUE!!!
Old 03-15-2012   #63
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Not at all. You have 18 posts. Most of them are about arguing about posting. You've been a member since 2005. Until this thread you were averaging just over 1 post a year and I'm sure when you took all year to think of something to post you came up with something better than what I've seen in this thread.

Mike

I would think most people who visit this board are the type who come for information and don't post a lot, most probably never even bother to register. These people come here to find something out and go into the main forum looking to read about Mario being picked up by someone else run into a 30 or 40 page thread that started 3 weeks ago--- if they can even find it. Like Mario Williams being signed by someone else does not effect the Texans at all, it's already been moved to the NFL forums I guess.

I do know this is not the way most of the regular posters would prefer it but I'm willing to bet that most of the people who don't visit this site daily would prefer recent big news to maybe have new post. Maybe we could have new post's about recent news stay for a couple of days before merging or some other way go about it.

I'm sure if anyone bothers to respond to this it will be to the effect of "who cares about them if they don't bother to post". I'm willing to bet that these "non posters" are the majority and not the minority and I do see advertisements on these boards now days. Might wanna think about keeping them happy too.----just sayin!
Old 03-15-2012   #64
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm thinking of some lyrics from a metal band....

SAD BUT TRUE!!!

The ghey version of Metallica? :wadeplam:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #65
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I would think most people who visit this board are the type who come for information and don't post a lot, most probably never even bother to register. These people come here to find something out and go into the main forum looking to read about Mario being picked up by someone else run into a 30 or 40 page thread that started 3 weeks ago--- if they can even find it. Like Mario Williams being signed by someone else does not effect the Texans at all, it's already been moved to the NFL forums I guess.

I do know this is not the way most of the regular posters would prefer it but I'm willing to bet that most of the people who don't visit this site daily would prefer recent big news to maybe have new post. Maybe we could have new post's about recent news stay for a couple of days before merging or some other way go about it.

I'm sure if anyone bothers to respond to this it will be to the effect of "who cares about them if they don't bother to post". I'm willing to bet that these "non posters" are the majority and not the minority and I do see advertisements on these boards now days. Might wanna think about keeping them happy too.----just sayin!
^This, I am one of those that come here daily and dont post much. I know this wont go over well but I'm tired of trying to sift through 25 pages of weeks old information to find out relevent news/updates. Loading this page and seeing the same 6 topics everyday is frustrating. I see the same topics and it makes me think this site is stagnant.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's this cool feature the mods use, it's the "Edit Thread Title" function.

Go look at the Mario thread in the NFL section...the mods altered the title so it plainly states he's now a BUFFALO BILLS player.

And guess what? The entire bajillion posts that led up to his signing with Buffalo...they're all there for anybody who wants to relive the glorious conversations we had about it all.

But it will be done by clicking a thread, in the NFL forum, that lets people know they are viewing a thread about a guy named Mario Williams who is now a member of one of the 31 other teams not named Texans.

Why is this so hard? It makes perfect sense to put threads where they belong. Mario threads should be in the NFL section. Easiest idea in the history of message board guidelines.
Old 03-15-2012   #67
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We do nothing.

Obviously.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2012   #68
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There's this cool feature the mods use, it's the "Edit Thread Title" function.

Go look at the Mario thread in the NFL section...the mods altered the title so it plainly states he's now a BUFFALO BILLS player.

And guess what? The entire bajillion posts that led up to his signing with Buffalo...they're all there for anybody who wants to relive the glorious conversations we had about it all.
But it will be done by clicking a thread, in the NFL forum, that lets people know they are viewing a thread about a guy named Mario Williams who is now a member of one of the 31 other teams not named Texans.

Why is this so hard? It makes perfect sense to put threads where they belong. Mario threads should be in the NFL section. Easiest idea in the history of message board guidelines.
That is exactly the point. If you have not been following the thread and you want to find out the latest news you have to sift through a bajillion post's to find what your looking for. Some people may not want to do that and if the object is to get more hits on Texanstalk.com you might at least want to consider what the people, who don't post or check threads dailey, want.
Old 03-15-2012   #69
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And guess what? The entire bajillion posts that led up to his signing with Buffalo...they're all there for anybody who wants to relive the glorious conversations we had about it all..

And guess what that thread was started over a year ago. Call me lazy but im not going through a thread from a year ago for the "Latest news".
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #70
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 74864 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
And guess what that thread was started over a year ago. Call me lazy but im not going through a thread from a year ago for the "Latest news".
OK, lazy.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is exactly the point. If you have not been following the thread and you want to find out the latest news you have to sift through a bajillion post's to find what your looking for. Some people may not want to do that and if the object is to get more hits on Texanstalk.com you might at least want to consider what the people, who don't post or check threads dailey, want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Use the freaking SEARCH option! Duh.

Type in "Mario Williams" and it will pull up every thread that contains the word Mario. It will display every post that has the word Mario Williams if that's your choice, as well.

There are easy ways to get your news fix. You just have to use the tools to get there. Meanwhile, back on planet Obvious: We want to see the most RECENT news items listed on the front page. And we've been known to also hit Page 2 or even Page 3 to see if something from a week or so ago bumped down off of Page 1.

Who wants a complete list of all 1,000 thread titles all on one page?????? Happy scrolling! Or use the search function and get right to where you want to go.

At this point, you guys KNOW that this is right. You're just fighting it for the sake of the fight.
Old 03-16-2012   #72
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Type in "Mario Williams" and it will pull up the single thread that contains the word Mario.
fify

Seriously, you want the latest news on Mario Williams? Check a sports news site. You want the latest opinion on Mario Williams? Hit the last page button on the thread.

We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #73
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #74
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:

Type in "Mario Williams" and it will pull up every thread that contains the word Mario. It will display every post that has the word Mario Williams if that's your choice, as well.

There are easy ways to get your news fix. You just have to use the tools to get there. Meanwhile, back on planet Obvious: We want to see the most RECENT news items listed on the front page. And we've been known to also hit Page 2 or even Page 3 to see if something from a week or so ago bumped down off of Page 1.

Who wants a complete list of all 1,000 thread titles all on one page?????? Happy scrolling! Or use the search function and get right to where you want to go.

At this point, you guys KNOW that this is right. You're just fighting it for the sake of the fight.
Lmfao! there is no right or wrong. It's just what people would prefer. That capitalization of the word KNOW almost made me change my mind, though.
Old 03-16-2012   #75
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

People need to cut our mods a break and post in existing threads on like topics. I KNOW we can do this!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #76
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
People need to cut our mods a break and post in existing threads on like topics. I KNOW we can do this!
umm your name contains the word Mario.... u should be moved to the NFL forum....
Old 03-16-2012   #77
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
umm your name contains the word Mario.... u should be moved to the NFL forum....
Lol, Very Clever!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #78
skymike
Saints Fan

Rep Power: 0 skymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respectedskymike is a quality contributor and well respected

Threads. merges. plfff! Did some of you not expect to see a lot of talk about losing Mario?

Some of you need to visit Texas Children's Hospital and meet people with real problems, who arent a fraction as whiny.

So, hats off to the Texans, for not overpaying Mario Williams. We Saints knew, when Carl Nicks started whining about money, that 1. he wants a lot, and 2. his ass can be replaced. And guess what? It did. Houston's got a long line of DE's going back to Sean Jones back to Elvin Bethea. You'll find another one.

You'll be fine. counting down the days till DD.
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read