Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #21
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: thank the lord we didnt sign mario. now what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Then lock them then. Or limit the amount of new threads someone can start within a specific time frame. I think merging is the wrong approach. To each his own. I think people seem to think multiple threads is like rioting in the streets or something. It's a discussion board. Lives aren't being lost.
I liked you better when you posted once a year.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #22
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I met Mario. Ima start a thread about that and separate one for how he gave me an autograph and a separate one about his Lambo and a separate one about....... More specifically I'm going to do it right here in the Texans forum, although he's NOT A TEXAN.

FML!!
I think you should create a poll on which of those idea's to use. We need more Mario based Polls in the Texans forum.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #23
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
In that aspect, then why not just create a new thread for all responses? That way if someone wants to grammar nazi, they aren't affecting the discussion while doing so.

It's called forum etiquette. Keeping a discussion in a single thread prevents people from having to ignore multiple threads about a subject. It also makes it easier to track multiple discussions and not having to rehash the same points/opinions over and over in new locations
I don't start new threads. More often that not by a vast margin I reply to someone elses. But earlier I was posting to a thread that reached 27 pages (if I remember correctly) prior to being merged so I believe it attracted enough of an audience to stand on its own. Once merged I'm not all that interested in picking up the threads of what I was once following. So in this case (and I might be alone in thinking this...) discussion wasn't promoted. And I would have thought discussion boards were here for discussion. Well that or hits for the advertisers I guess.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #24
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I liked you better when you posted once a year.

Mike
So we should limit the board to you guys with 5000+ posts so you can all sit around and fondle each other?
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I think you should create a poll on which of those idea's to use. We need more Mario based Polls in the Texans forum.
Old 03-15-2012   #26
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's a matter of effeciency of reading. Do we really need to go to 4 different threads to have the exact same discussion?
It would be great if it was only 4.
Old 03-15-2012   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then lock them then. Or limit the amount of new threads someone can start within a specific time frame. I think merging is the wrong approach. To each his own. I think people seem to think multiple threads is like rioting in the streets or something. It's a discussion board. Lives aren't being lost.
I actually started a thread (in the proper forum) asking if the mods could set permissions so that a new member can not start a thread until they have "x" (whatever that number is) posts. That way they get the lay of the land, for instance they'll know to go to the NFL forum to post something about say team "X" and not in the Texans specific forum.

No, lives aren't being lost but people who moderate the board's time is. These people have regular jobs too.
Old 03-15-2012   #28
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all terribly inefficient and there should be a major regrouping and organization of threads and topics, but it's not my board so whatever.

But dude, just because the name "Mario" is in the thread, doesn't mean it's a thread about him. So this temper tantrum bull**** is nonsense.

As for the thread, who knows what to do. It's a matter of knowing how much money we have to work with and if we can get Myers, Brisiel, and Dreesen back.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #29
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So we should limit the board to you guys with 5000+ posts so you can all sit around and fondle each other?

Not at all. You have 18 posts. Most of them are about arguing about posting. You've been a member since 2005. Until this thread you were averaging just over 1 post a year and I'm sure when you took all year to think of something to post you came up with something better than what I've seen in this thread.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Way too much merging going on IMO. I've never understood that...it's not like the forum is bring printed out and we're killing trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Technically Mario is not the subject of this thread. Its about what to do now that he's signed elsewhere
Just like an app.....there's a thread for that. And it's less than half a page down from this one. Same exact premise.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90476
Old 03-15-2012   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Championship!!

Old 03-15-2012   #32
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's all terribly inefficient and there should be a major regrouping and organization of threads and topics, but it's not my board so whatever.

But dude, just because the name "Mario" is in the thread, doesn't mean it's a thread about him. So this temper tantrum bull**** is nonsense.

As for the thread, who knows what to do. It's a matter of knowing how much money we have to work with and if we can get Myers, Brisiel, and Dreesen back.
I edited my post to account for it not being about Mario. The point of my first response was that we already have multiple threads with this exact discussion going on. We don't need another one.

I don't really have an answer for you referring to logical thought as temper tantrum bull****.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know Mario was religious ... ?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #34
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I edited my post to account for it not being about Mario. The point of my first response was that we already have multiple threads with this exact discussion going on. We don't need another one.

I don't really have an answer for you referring to logical thought as temper tantrum bull****.
Everyone FLIPPING OUT that it's in the Texans forum and not the NFL Forum because Mario is "zOMG not even a Texan anymore!!!!" = temper tantrum.

Sure, the thread shouldn't be started to begin with since there are 70 jizzilion of them, but that's another point.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #35
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If nothing else, arguing over the validity of threads is better than arguing about why the Texans lost their last game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If nothing else, arguing over the validity of threads is better than arguing about why the Texans lost their last game.

I have a new thread to start!
Old 03-15-2012   #37
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I just read through all these messages. I want the last 10 minutes back...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #38
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I can't believe I just read through all these messages. I want the last 10 minutes back...
And so it continues....
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #39
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan80 View Post
thank the lord we didnt spend all of our money on mario. so its time to move on. were not getting peyton. and now we have some cap thats not being used. weve let vincent jackson go. also reggie wayne and pierre garcon. so my bet is that we go get myers and briesel. or myers, mario manningham and other young receivers.
Unless the team was looking to get rid of Andre, Vincent Jackson was never a possibility. Too much money tied up in WR/RB. Can't have 3 top tier players on one team and still have money left for anyone else.

I'd never want Garcon at the amount Washington paid to get him.
Old 03-15-2012   #40
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

The lack of new threads is a huge reason for the limited activity in this forum in my opinion.

Nothing I hate more than to go to a message board and see the same dang 7 threads with 15 pages worth of bs in each for 5 days straight.

Give me more choices from which to choose. I think merging threads all the time is counter-productive.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read