Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #81
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I think we have cap room (and how much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Not really. Regular Joes really don't "need" to exactly how much money a team does or does not have. I get that free agency is a part of the fun of following a team, but knowing every detail of the finances is not essentially information for any fan.

Not for us, not so we can play GM. But when people who are involved with the team or media or whoever have seemingly no clue and you're getting different numbers every single place you turn, that's a problem.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #82
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Then what were they planning on Paying Mario with had he come back?
Can easily re-structure a few more contracts or cut a few guys.
Old 03-15-2012   #83
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 229846 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post
Did you read the thread? We have space.
Do we?:

Stephanie Stradley ‏ @StephStradley Reply Retweet Favorite ˇ Open
Mangold contract was 8 years/$57.4 m. $25 million guar. That is what Myers agent is looking for as stated on XM radio
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #84
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Do we?:

Mangold contract was 8 years/$57.4 m. $25 million guar. That is what Myers agent is looking for as stated on XM radio
I thinly that's his asking price usually those go down substantially. Especially.when he realizes no one is going to pay him like Mangold.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #85
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we?:

Myers is 30. I can't see him getting a 8 yr contract. Assuming he wants to avg $7.2M a year as that contract does, we could do that if it is backloaded a bit or we go the signing bonus route. I don't think he will get full Mangold money though.

As someone else said, there are at least a couple guys who could be restructured or cut to free up several million if we need it.
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #86
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
Myers is 30. I can't see him getting a 8 yr contract. Assuming he wants to avg $7.2M a year as that contract does, we could do that if it is backloaded a bit or we go the signing bonus route. I don't think he will get full Mangold money though.

As someone else said, there are at least a couple guys who could be restructured or cut to free up several million if we need it.
Agreed.

By the way, thank you for your efforts here. You have zero rep, but in my eyes you have been a great contributor so far. You and Dutch have tried very hard to research and find the numbers...you've worked harder than the professional guys like McClain. Thank you!

I'm sending you rep, maybe it'll get you a number other than zero...because you deserve to have recognition. Glad you're here, pal.

EDIT: Damn, it didn't get you into "real number" status. Can you guys hit him with some rep? He deserves it.
Old 03-15-2012   #87
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52150 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Agreed.

By the way, thank you for your efforts here. You have zero rep, but in my eyes you have been a great contributor so far. You and Dutch have tried very hard to research and find the numbers...you've worked harder than the professional guys like McClain. Thank you!

I'm sending you rep, maybe it'll get you a number other than zero...because you deserve to have recognition. Glad you're here, pal.

EDIT: Damn, it didn't get you into "real number" status. Can you guys hit him with some rep? He deserves it.
I think you have to have a certain number of posts to get/give rep -- 50 IIRC.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2012   #88
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think you have to have a certain number of posts to get/give rep -- 50 IIRC.
Yeah, I just thought of that...so thank you for bringing that up! I forgot.

Hey there, G27RR...

Get your post count up to 50! About 22 more to go.
Old 03-15-2012   #89
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, I just thought of that...so thank you for bringing that up! I forgot.

Hey there, G27RR...

Get your post count up to 50! About 22 more to go.
Thanks for your comments and the rep, much appreciated.
Old 03-15-2012   #90
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55593 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we?:

I think that just indicates the FO is smart and doesn't want to overpay.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #91
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we?:

Why does that Snickers commercial come to mind?

Not going anywhere for a while...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #92
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do we?:

Myers is not Mangold. He offers no scheme versatility. He has to be on a team who use a ZBS primarily. If he was going to get that much money he would have been signed by now. He has an offer from the Texans. He testing the market to see if he can get more and if the Texans will match.

My guess is he gets around $35 over 5 with 14-16 guaranteed.

Even he got the Mangold contract, we could afford it. We just would never pay that for him, I hope.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #93
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I think that just indicates the FO is smart and doesn't want to overpay.
Yep. They are waiting to see what he is offered, and they will match up to some ceiling they have in mind. The ceiling will represent what value they think he has to the team vs going with someone cheaper.

I'd like to keep him as long as it isn't stupid money.
Old 03-15-2012   #94
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post
My guess is he gets around $35 over 5 with 14-16 guaranteed.
I'm hoping the stop at about 5yrs/$30M, unless we lose Brisiel, in which case I can see $35M so we don't lose 3/5ths of our line.
Old 03-15-2012   #95
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the plan , we let them walk and trade Ben Tate to Cleveland for the 22nd pick . We take Konz and Zeitler and change our name to the Badgers .
Old 03-15-2012   #96
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Here's the plan , we let them walk and trade Ben Tate to Cleveland for the 22nd pick . We take Konz and Zeitler and change our name to the Badgers .
We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

Sorry, couldn't resist, and GP and Dan said I need to get my post count up.
Old 03-15-2012   #97
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

Sorry, couldn't resist, and GP and Dan said I need to get my post count up.
You can never go wrong with a blazing saddles reference .

So it's small post counts should be seen and not heard ?
Old 03-15-2012   #98
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You can never go wrong with a blazing saddles reference .

So it's small post counts should be seen and not heard ?
No way man! It's from UHF the Weird Al movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fqPvmiaAM
Old 03-15-2012   #99
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

The original quote of " badges , we don't need no stinking badges " was Blazing Saddles . If there was a badger quote , I learned something new today .
Old 03-15-2012   #100
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Yep, I loved that movie.

Honoring Earl, the movie UHF used the badgers line as a take-off of the Blazing Saddles line. The whole UHF movie parodied bits of other movies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read