Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ex texans that have came back to hurt us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I need to correct myself, he has actually been in the NFL nine years, and for that time has a 5.3 sack per year average. Yes I know he had a great year last year, but I will wait and see if he can be consistent.
Since he started to play full time two years ago he has 30.5 sacks. He didn't get many snaps the previous three seasons. He's just a late bloomer.

I don't consider this very haunting though....he's just a late bloomer who has been around the block with several teams before he hit his stride.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #22
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Serious ive following DanO i think hes been a decent QB IMO

hell he beat Us with TJ yates so i guess the DanO vs TJ hes 1-0 so far LOL
You think VY is a good QB.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #23
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

How many would are afraid of a Myers and Manning in Titan blue? Adams would throw Winston in there just to spite us.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #24
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

I took the question as former Texans who had made plays in victories over us, struggling to think of anything.
Leach played for the Ravens last year but how big role did he play in the win?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Jason Babin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Has been in the league eight years and had two good years, not sure that qualifies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
18 sacks last year qualifies.
Yes, Babin finally had some success, but since we didn't play the Eggles, I fail to see how that "hurt us".
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
I took the question as former Texans who had made plays in victories over us, struggling to think of anything.
Leach played for the Ravens last year but how big role did he play in the win?
This is how the thread title was phrased so this is also how I took it. I can't think of a single player, outside of the possible exception of Pollard, who made plays that resulted in a Texans loss.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #27
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the list would be bigger if you asked former Texans that hurt the Texans while playing for them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2012   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
How many would are afraid of a Myers and Manning in Titan blue? Adams would throw Winston in there just to spite us.
I would go out of my way to bring Kris Jenkins here so that he could throw Meyers on his ass and land on Manning, ending his Titan season and kill a lot of the Tinnbred's $$$.

Karma is a *****, Pud Adams!!!
Old 03-14-2012   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well if titans do get manning and chris myers i would Get some good Titans players just to piss off tennesse ............ are there any good ones on the market ????? : )
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #30
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think the list would be bigger if you asked former Texans that hurt the Texans while playing for them.
who was the Safety that we had back in about 2004/2005 - Matt Stephens?

Or whoever played O-line in the inaugral season?
Old 03-14-2012   #31
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
uhh... do you view Ron Dayne as the villain who destroyed the leg of who was to be the franchise LT, or the hero who took down the Colts?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #32
mancunian
Daleks Rule

depends on the mood I'm in......
Old 03-14-2012   #33
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage Rosencopter
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #34
mancunian
Daleks Rule

oh yeah I remember that screw up - should have beaten the Colts that day.
Old 03-14-2012   #35
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage pretty much gave the Giants our playbook and they dominated us in every single play... that game was hard to watch
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #36
blanco2424
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 blanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respectedblanco2424 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr
blanco2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaaayyyy View Post
Sage pretty much gave the Giants our playbook and they dominated us in every single play... that game was hard to watch
Agree. 1000%.

That bastard. What a completely awful day that was. I still remember it. Awful.
Old 03-15-2012   #38
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 36 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanco2424 View Post
David Carr
David Carr got his super bowl ring last year
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #39
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTpaul View Post
David Carr got his super bowl ring last year

IDK yall get the idea of the thread so how does David carr hurt us i dont think hes ever played us since we let him go other then maybe giving the Giants our year 1 Kubes play book i would hope Kubes would have changed his playbook after 7 years LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #40
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
Buccaneers announced they signed QB Dan Orlovsky to a two-year contract.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read