Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default i'm getting a little pissed.

We have cut some players i think we needed. Players that made an impact, and then we have some free agents who we havent even thrown offers to. We're just setting back and letting division foes (TITANS) talk to one of the best Centers in the NFL.

What does the FO think ? Just cause we have arian foster we dont need an o-line to block for him and our fragile QB ?

I know its the first day of free agency but,,,,,,,seriously. What the hell is going on ? We won the division last season,,,,whoopty F'ing Doo. Try to get better. McNair and Smith sure know how to make us Sweat !!!
Old 03-14-2012   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: i'm getting a little pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We have cut some players i think we needed. Players that made an impact, and then we have some free agents who we havent even thrown offers to. We're just setting back and letting division foes (TITANS) talk to one of the best Centers in the NFL.

What does the FO think ? Just cause we have arian foster we dont need an o-line to block for him and our fragile QB ?

I know its the first day of free agency but,,,,,,,seriously. What the hell is going on ? We won the division last season,,,,whoopty F'ing Doo. Try to get better. McNair and Smith sure know how to make us Sweat !!!
I don't think Rick Smith are letting these guy go without offers because they think it makes us better. I think they're doing it because we're in a pretty bad salary cap situation. Worse than originally thought which is bad news.

Worse case scenario, we go from a team who had talent to a team who still has talent but lots of holes to fill. If Mario and Myers are gone, we go from not only having to upgrade at WR, but also finding two new offensive lineman, depth at O-line, and depth on the D-line/linebacker. That's 5 major losses at least, and not enough money to spend in free agency to actually upgrade those positions. I hope this scenario doesn't happen. If so, well, we better hope we knock it out of the fking park in the draft (and say a few Hail Mary's while we're at it).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

In order to get more cap space, I hear the Texans FO will soon be extending a new offer to teams interested.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't think Rick Smith are letting these guy go without offers because they think it makes us better. I think they're doing it because we're in a pretty bad salary cap situation. Worse than originally thought.
we all know we are not resigning mario. The could of kept Winston and signed myers. We have had one of the top O-Lines in football the past 2 seasons. I just dont get it.
Old 03-14-2012   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not like we're cutting people just for the hell of it, lol.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember only like 3 years ago when Chris myers was called the worst player on our Oline getting like 4 flags a game getting Straight Beat by monster NT

and now look at him

I sure hope Rick and kubes know WTF there doing LOL

Im on the Lets keep CHris myers by the way unless they can for see a Badass Center that falls to us in the draft ???? who knows
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

They might not have just "sat back" and let the tits talk to Myers. It's possible that the Texans made him an offer, but he wanted to test the FA market.
No matter what they night have offered him, he is a free agent, and the Texans have zero control over what he does, or who he talk to.

If he decided he 100% wanted to test the market, not offer, at any time in the last year, would stop him from doing it.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
They might not have just "sat back" and let the tits talk to Myers. It's possible that the Texans made him an offer, but he wanted to test the FA market.
No matter what they night have offered him, he is a free agent, and the Texans have zero control over what he does, or who he talk to.

If he decided he 100% wanted to test the market, not offer, at any time in the last year, would stop him from doing it.
i understand that, but explain winston. The guy was not that big of a hit on the cap. I know a lot of people didnt like him, but outside of us drafting a guy who in the hell is going to replace him.

UNLESS they want to get a guy who can protect the QBs blind side, hence Yates in a season or 2. i dunno.
Old 03-14-2012   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i understand that, but explain winston. The guy was not that big of a hit on the cap. I know a lot of people didnt like him, but outside of us drafting a guy who in the hell is going to replace him.

UNLESS they want to get a guy who can protect the QBs blind side, hence Yates in a season or 2. i dunno.
I can't explain Winston. Totally stumped on that one.
It makes so little sense to me, that I'm going to have faith that it makes perfect sense to someone in the FO that knows more than me. Does that make any sense at all? lol
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u know this is our first taste of PLayer loyalty to a team this is what its like to be a good team LOL ya know

seeing players we made run off looking for a BIg ol payday because they earned it IMO

Mario could of said u know what i might make less money staying with the texans but dammit i care more about winning im stayin

Winston could of been like im not talkin to no one im going to resign with the texans with like a 2 million dollar deal

all the players could be like that ..... but everyone is different i guess
Old 03-14-2012   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yates isn't left handed.
Old 03-14-2012   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yates isn't left handed.
crap, that was leinart for 1 game. i'm so rattled just trying to make up excuses for what i have seen happen today with my beloved team.
Old 03-14-2012   #13
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Certain players (mario) have an offer on the texans table waiting for him. Meyers deal is there too, but think he's worth more. In terms of winston, kubiak said he wanted competition at tackle and I'm sure he wasn't talking about brown either. Or maybe its the 17 sacks winston gave up the last 2 yrs.
Old 03-14-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of feel like a kid invited to a Christmas party where's there's presents under the tree for everyone but me -- just watching the other kids open theirs.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The good teams don't do crazy **** on the first day of free agency.

I'm glad to be included in that. Championships are not won on March 11.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

I dont know why some of yall are getting sad or mad that we Cut winston the dude was straight Garbage IMO
Old 03-14-2012   #17
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kind of feel like a kid invited to a Christmas party where's there's presents under the tree for everyone but me -- just watching the other kids open theirs.
No doubt man, i have not heard the texans mentioned ONE time today except when they talk about players from the texans going/talking to other teams. This is sad.

To me Mario was not a priority, dont get me wrong i would of loved to of gotten him back for a not back breaking price, but that wont happen.

Maybe McNair, Smith and Kubiak were still celebrating from "MAKING" the play-offs that they forgot all about free agency.
Old 03-14-2012   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I dont know why some of yall are getting sad or mad that we Cut winston the dude was straight Garbage IMO
think back to 02 and 03, that my friend was garbage. 17 sacks in 2 seasons ??? Think back we gave up like 150 sacks in those 2 seasons.

The grass aint always greener on the other side.
Old 03-14-2012   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

as i said elsewhere, i'm worried, but i cant be angry or upset with what we're doing until i see the whole picture. as a bad example ... if we sign peyton manning it makes sense to drop our run only offensive members like winston and vickers as well as balanced mario and run focused demeco. that would allow us to retool without losing anything we'd miss next season.

i dont believe that to be the case, but if such an example is available, i want to believe that something more probable and feasible is in the works until proven otherwise.
Old 03-14-2012   #20
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I'm aggravated that after the cutting and restructuring we let every single one of our UFA hit the free market. I really don't like the fact that a team owned by Bud Adams is talking numbers with Myers and or his agent. My mom had a friend who was his neighbor in Houston many years ago and said that Bud Adams was the biggest turd he had ever met.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read