Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #141
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
610 through this out this morning....

"Would you trade Tate plus the #26 pick for Cleveland's #4?"

Justin Blackmon anyone?
I would do it in a heartbeat. WR is our biggest need and Blackmon is the best WR prospect this year. Hell, I wanted him last year too.

I am ok with filling 2 needs at the bottom of round 1 as well. I just dont like the idea of starting over at center this year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #142
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I think I would need the 22. Tate is a good back, but Foster is the guy. And I feel pretty confident that there is a back out there in the draft in rounds 4-7 that could turn into a solid number 2.
This quote in a Cleveland Browns thread has my inner 8th grader giggling.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #143
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We'd find a way to take 22 and 26 and move DOWN for 2 2nd rounders and an extra 3rd. Some stooped **** like that, I'm sure.

I don't want Gary getting an extra 1st rounder and wonder how to use it. I mean, that's like having the ball at the opponent's 5-yard-line and we've got three downs to score a TD--Gary finds ways to eff it up. Oh the things he can do with three downs and only 5 yards to go!

And if we use both the 22 and 26 to move UP...we'd probably draft the next Travis Johnson or Amobi Okoye. That idea has bad mojo written all over it.
Not to worry. With two first round picks we give one to Wade and the other to Gary. One of 'em is bound to be good. One is our Mario replacement and the other our Myers/Brisiel replacement. I smell win-win.

And if it were me, I'd squeeze the Brownies for a 6th too ...just cause with Hillis gone I know they be desperate.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #144
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm thinking thunderkyss and Bill can both kiss my ass.

The pill referance was the the move Matrix by the way. I'm surprised no one caught that.
I caught it. I'm pretty sure they did too.
But, with the high-quality, quick-trigger smart-a$$age among the members, you know it's not HARD for things to quickly go "south" around here.

Yeah... I did that on purpose too.
Old 03-15-2012   #145
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL Close
Ben Tate has 2 years left on his contract. He did an outstanding job. Coaches love him. He should be even better next season. Going nowhere.

Forget anything you read or hear about the Texans considering trading RB Ben Tate to Browns. Not going to happen.

well thats closed then
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
This quote in a Cleveland Browns thread has my inner 8th grader giggling.
Speaking of which, I think it's getting close to visiting my "other office". *Grabs newspaper*
Old 03-15-2012   #147
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not trading Eric is puzzling unless they want to re-sign him very cheaply. If traded, he is definitely on another team and cannot be re-signed. I have not heard of him even scheduling a visit. Seems like asking him to take a cut and re-structure would be way to go unless Smith thinks he could get much lower deal when Eric discovered he was cut.

If NFL thinks Winston is an above average RT seems as if he would have been snapped up by now.
Winston already visited Miami and has visits scheduled with St Louis, KC, Baltimore and Detroit. He is a hot commodity and the best OT remaining in free agency. I really can't imagine he would have no trade value even at 4.5 million a year non-guaranteed. The Browns just released OG Eric Steinbach who took 6 million off their cap. They already had some room before that, and could have easily fit Winston into their lineup. Pair him and Ben Tate together and you should be able to snag their 2nd and 3rd round picks easily or #22 and a late 4th.
Old 03-15-2012   #148
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_bill View Post
speaking of which, i think it's getting close to visiting my "other office". *grabs hustler*
fify
Old 03-15-2012   #149
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Ben Tate has 2 years left on his contract. He did an outstanding job. Coaches love him. He should be even better next season. Going nowhere.

Forget anything you read or hear about the Texans considering trading RB Ben Tate to Browns. Not going to happen.

well thats closed then
Seeing as it is McClain, this pretty much assures us that the FO is open to trading Tate for the right price.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #150
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to see FakeJohnMcClain's tweet on this:

"i wouldn't trade Beans N Taters to Cleveland for a 6er of O'Douls and a bucket of lemon squares! Wait, ya i would."

Next tweet:

"Beans and Taters will play with a team next year! You heard it here first!"

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #151
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Winston already visited Miami and has visits scheduled with St Louis, KC, Baltimore and Detroit. He is a hot commodity and the best OT remaining in free agency. I really can't imagine he would have no trade value even at 4.5 million a year non-guaranteed. The Browns just released OG Eric Steinbach who took 6 million off their cap. They already had some room before that, and could have easily fit Winston into their lineup. Pair him and Ben Tate together and you should be able to snag their 2nd and 3rd round picks easily or #22 and a late 4th.
Curious, can you trade a player that failed his physical ?
Old 03-15-2012   #152
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Curious, can you trade a player that failed his physical ?
You can if the team taking the player agrees to accept him. Broderick Bunkley was traded from the Eagles to the Browns last year, but the deal was rescinded when he failed a physical. The Eagles turned around and sent him to the Broncos a week or two later, and he played the entire season for them. Now the Broncos are trying to sign him to a longterm deal.
Old 03-15-2012   #153
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Right, thanks!!
Old 03-15-2012   #154
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really can't imagine he would have no trade value even at 4.5 million a year non-guaranteed. The Browns just released OG Eric Steinbach who took 6 million off their cap. They already had some room before that, and could have easily fit Winston into their lineup. Pair him and Ben Tate together and you should be able to snag their 2nd and 3rd round picks easily or #22 and a late 4th.
Nobody wants an Eric Winston who cant pass a physical, @ the back end of his bloated contract. And on top of that give up a draft pick? No thanks. They want him on their terms. Not ours.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #155
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
610 through this out this morning....

"Would you trade Tate plus the #26 pick for Cleveland's #4?"

Justin Blackmon anyone?
I would make that trade yesterday. That would not be a good trade for Cleveland. The 4 is just too valuable.

Think about this. Re-sign Ward; trade the 26 and Tate for the 4. We can then try and move down in the draft from 4 to like 15 and that would net us a 1st round next year at least. So we would have moved up 10 spots and we'd have two 1st rounders next year. At the middle of the first this year we could look at Floyd or an OT or Decastro at OG.

I just think there's no way Cleveland would do that deal. No way.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #156
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

well thats closed then
I was kinda thinking that this means it's a done deal.
Old 03-15-2012   #157
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I would do it in a heartbeat. WR is our biggest need and Blackmon is the best WR prospect this year. Hell, I wanted him last year too.

I am ok with filling 2 needs at the bottom of round 1 as well. I just dont like the idea of starting over at center this year.
Who do you replace Tate with?
Old 03-15-2012   #158
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm thinking thunderkyss and Bill can both kiss my ass.

The pill referance was the the move Matrix by the way. I'm surprised no one caught that.
whoops, I guess wrong; thought it was the Arnold Sci Fy movie where he went to Mars (or didn't). Total Recall if I recall correctly.
Old 03-15-2012   #159
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Who do you replace Tate with?
Derrick Ward?
LT?
Tim Hightower?
BenJarvus Green-Ellis?
Ryan Grant?

Cyrus Grey in the 4th!

Lots of option. They aren't better than Tate, but they can take some carries.
Old 03-15-2012   #160
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not to worry. With two first round picks we give one to Wade and the other to Gary. One of 'em is bound to be good. One is our Mario replacement and the other our Myers/Brisiel replacement. I smell win-win.

And if it were me, I'd squeeze the Brownies for a 6th too ...just cause with Hillis gone I know they be desperate.
Do we have to have a back up OLB in first?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read