Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #101
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Tate

He needs to stay, he's under contract, I can't see why the Texans would trade him away. So the browns can want in one hand, sh*! in the other and see which one fills up the fastest.
Old 03-14-2012   #102
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Tate

I think it would take a swap of 22-26, their 2nd this year and a 3rd next year to get Tate from me.

Edit: Either that, or #4 for Tate + 26. Not gonna happen.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #103
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Kiss my ass, Brownies.
Thorn...?
...is that you?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #104
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thorn...?
...is that you?
I must have taken the red pill instead of the blue one.......

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #105
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this trade goes through. Hillis signed with KC today.

Also, Tate was drafted to be the #1 at a time when nobody knew that Foster would emerge as a freaking H.O.F. potential runningback. We now have two #1 worthy backs, a #3 who's good enough to be a #2, and some newly created needs to be filled in the draft. This trade is happening.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #106
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Pretty sure we'll trade down. Either Coples, or Richardson likely. Just keep stockpiling picks so that we can get better.

I have faith in this regime and I know the Texans have had the same kind of luck as us Cleveland fans (only not nearly as bad). But I feel a connection with the fans in Houston because we've had the same football disasters.
Little late here and OT as well but what's the fan base's consensus on Colt. Do you guys think he's the man to get the job done or are you guys looking to upgrade like all the talking heads keep harping on?

PM me if you wish as to not derail the tread.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #107
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hillis is gone...this talk about Tate might heat up now. I'd explore it if i were the FO simply b/c we can get back Ward & we may need the extra picks to shore up some other things depending on this situation goes with Mario, Meyers & Brisiel.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2012   #108
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5742/ben-tate

If the Browns are wanting to give up a "second day" pick, they can go take a flying leap. WE drafted him in the 2nd and shouldn't take anything less than a first after developing him into a bona fide stud.
And the congregation all said.....

AMEN!

Who the hell thinks they can get our Round 2 guy for a Round 2 pick?

What muff huggin' Johnny Jumpin' razz matazz muther (censored) has the nerve to say "Uh, hello there! We are affiliated with the, uh, football organization up there in Ohio, and uh we were kindly offering you a uh 2nd round pick for Mr. Tate. What ya' say?"

I say, "You're on crack."

I don't even think we should take their second 1st round pick. The truth of this deal: We drafted him, if you think he's your RB1, make me an offer that represents that line of thought. Or you can use your own draft picks and try your luck at that.

It's time teams quit treating us like we're into the business of handing them golden geese. Go away or give us proper compensation.
Old 03-14-2012   #109
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
It already seems as if McNair and Smith are doing bong hits with the cuts, no Texans free agents signed, and McNair stating that "we have a QB we are happy with", but if they let Tate go for anything other than Cleveland's first pick in the draft they are fools. Even for the number four overall ... I might hesitate.
You sir are insane!!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #110
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And the congregation all said.....

AMEN!

Who the hell thinks they can get our Round 2 guy for a Round 2 pick?

What muff huggin' Johnny Jumpin' razz matazz muther (censored) has the nerve to say "Uh, hello there! We are affiliated with the, uh, football organization up there in Ohio, and uh we were kindly offering you a uh 2nd round pick for Mr. Tate. What ya' say?"

I say, "You're on crack."

I don't even think we should take their second 1st round pick. The truth of this deal: We drafted him, if you think he's your RB1, make me an offer that represents that line of thought. Or you can use your own draft picks and try your luck at that.

It's time teams quit treating us like we're into the business of handing them golden geese. Go away or give us proper compensation.
Some folks just can't kick the pipe.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #111
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Tate for #22 is a great deal for Texans. We won't be able to keep him and Foster anyway if he keeps showing the tools he has.

I'm good either way though. It's pretty much win-win.
Old 03-14-2012   #112
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I would need the 22. Tate is a good back, but Foster is the guy. And I feel pretty confident that there is a back out there in the draft in rounds 4-7 that could turn into a solid number 2.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The red one gets you fired up...

................. The Blue one keeps you, well..... Fired up for a long time!!!

Old 03-14-2012   #114
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
At your age, shouldn't you take both pills?

And then some?
Old 03-14-2012   #115
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If Browns really want Tate, they better cough up an offer that our FO can't refuse. Tate is a stater material RB and already proved that last season and he is young. The Browns can draft RB in the first rd but there's always a chance to be bust. In Tate, they know what they can expect from him(1,000+ yrds Starting material RB). If they think we trade Tate with their 2nd rd? Crazy.

Like I say, they better cough up if they want Tate.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Tate, but no one is going to give us a 1st round pick for him.

Maybe a 2nd, 3rd, & next year's 2nd.

Maybe we can do Tate & KDub for that first & a 4th
Old 03-14-2012   #117
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
At your age, shouldn't you take both pills?

And then some?

That ain't right!! I'm only a few years behind........ Check that, SEVERAL years behind!!
Old 03-14-2012   #118
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Hillis is gone...this talk about Tate might heat up now. I'd explore it if i were the FO simply b/c we can get back Ward & we may need the extra picks to shore up some other things depending on this situation goes with Mario, Meyers & Brisiel.
It would be great
if Texans parlayed Tate
Into a first round pick

Retarded, crippled, handicapped, disabled, differently abled Haiku
Old 03-14-2012   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

That ain't right!! I'm only a few years behind........ Check that, SEVERAL years behind!!
Start pop'n them pills pawpaw

Old 03-14-2012   #120
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't want Tate gone, if rumor true ..bad move
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read