Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #81
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 201 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
i'll take joe haden for tate straight up.
I'm so disappointed you guys have no chuckle emoticon.
Old 03-14-2012   #82
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Browns board says its apparently for a 3rd round pick. Easy no from the Texans.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=21999
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #83
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
-I have heard some rumblings recently that the Browns may explore a trade with Houston for backup running back Ben Tate. When asked about that possibility, a league source said, "I haven't heard anything along those lines but let's put it this way it wouldn't surprise me."
http://espncleveland.com/common/more...49&post_id=675
Old 03-14-2012   #84
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 201 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post

Please don't use those boards. hahaha

http://www.dawgtalkers.net

http://www.realcavsfans.com

Those are the most reliable Browns sites and have some of the best posters I know.
Old 03-14-2012   #85
Dash
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Please don't use those boards. hahaha

http://www.dawgtalkers.net

http://www.realcavsfans.com

Those are the most reliable Browns sites and have some of the best posters I know.
Ah sorry I didn't see it posted over RCF so I looked around to any other Browns board to see if they had anything we missed. Sounds like the 3rd rounder was speculation.

Either way, I doubt a deal materializes.
Old 03-14-2012   #86
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

with arian fosters history of nagging injuries. tate stays
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #87
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd trade him for the right price. It'd have to be for that first rounder though. Even if we had to sweeten the deal with a later pick I would still do it.

Tate is an awesome back up, but this is the Arian show and Tate probably knows he'll likely never see a big contract with Houston. Get something for him while you still can and pick one of the talented young runners in the 3rd, 4th or 5th. Bring ward back for cheap and I'd be ok with that especially if we can use the pick to improve the team.

All that said, I'm perfectly fine with Tate coming back. Dude is a beast.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2012   #88
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In other news, Skids also offer 4th round pick for Cam Newton.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #89
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u know i dont know much about the Running game when it comes to the Oline i know it takes everybody but i think the Guards play the most important role when doing a running play
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #90
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would do it for either
1) Brown #22 pick
2) Browns second round pick (#37 overall) + conditional pick in 2013 (2nd, 3rd, or 4th) based on performance as a Brown.

Since Tate was selected #58 overall and has proven success in NFL, these two deals seem approximately fair.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #91
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Tate but would rather the Browns sign a free agent like Michael Bush. This trade rumor just does not seem like something the Browns would do.

I know the chances of Bush are slim now that he is in Arizona for a visit, but if the Browns did manage to sign him away from the Cards and add another back such as LaMichael James at the top of the 3rd round, I'd feel like we were pretty set with only expending a 3rd.

Bring back Vickers and maybe the Browns could actually run the ball again and relieve some pressure from Colt.
Old 03-14-2012   #92
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
I like Tate but would rather the Browns sign a free agent like Michael Bush. This trade rumor just does not seem like something the Browns would do.

I know the chances of Bush are slim now that he is in Arizona for a visit, but if the Browns did manage to sign him away from the Cards and add another back such as LaMichael James at the top of the 3rd round, I'd feel like we were pretty set with only expending a 3rd.

Bring back Vickers and maybe the Browns could actually run the ball again and relieve some pressure from Colt.
I agree with what you say. With the crazy cuts we got so far, I'm wondering if this isn't real though. I wonder if Texans have their eyes on a FA runningback too and wouldn't mind dealing Tate.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #93
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

We spent a 2nd on him and he's done very well for himself. The cost is absolutely NOT less than a 2nd, any offering below that should be flat out ignored.

2-2nds + conditional 3-5 pick next year.
a 2nd and switch 1sts + conditional pick
straight up for #22

They want a good player, they better be ready to give up good assets. Tate is a proven yards eater at this level. He's fast with above average burst and seeks contact when running. Was a consistent performer in the SEC before that. Dude IS a stud. Put up or shut up!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #94
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
with arian fosters history of nagging injuries. tate stays
Let's also not forget that Arian just got paid, so he's going to be fat and happy. We're going to need Ben's hunger to fill-in for Arian while he works to get out of his dollaz-coma this year

Then, next year, when Arian's back to his playing weight, we'll be able to trade Ben away (though I'd rather keep him, just don't think it'll happen, unless he'll be okay with being a #2 for another 4 or 5 years)
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #95
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
-I have heard some rumblings recently that the Browns may explore a trade with Houston for backup running back Ben Tate. When asked about that possibility, a Texans source said, "Ha, haha, hahaha ... whew, good one, ha, ha, ha!"
Fixed it for ya.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #96
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

It already seems as if McNair and Smith are doing bong hits with the cuts, no Texans free agents signed, and McNair stating that "we have a QB we are happy with", but if they let Tate go for anything other than Cleveland's first pick in the draft they are fools. Even for the number four overall ... I might hesitate.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #97
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I needed a good laugh this morning.

This has a shot of happening somewhere between no and hell no.
Old 03-14-2012   #98
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Seems like the link I posted above was a reference to a very small tid bit in this story:

http://espncleveland.com/common/more...49&post_id=675
Seems like the rumblings were proved to be only that as "league source" said he heard nothing.

-I have heard some rumblings recently that the Browns may explore a trade with Houston for backup running back Ben Tate. When asked about that possibility, a league source said, "I haven't heard anything along those lines but let's put it this way it wouldn't surprise me."

From your link
Old 03-14-2012   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were the Browns, I'd be more worried about my QB situation.

BTW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
I'm so disappointed you guys have no chuckle emoticon.
Old 03-14-2012   #100
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Browns want Tate

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5742/ben-tate

If the Browns are wanting to give up a "second day" pick, they can go take a flying leap. WE drafted him in the 2nd and shouldn't take anything less than a first after developing him into a bona fide stud.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read