Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #61
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
who ?

I forget who we were talking about now.
Old 03-13-2012   #62
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Where are they going to get this talent though? They don't have a first round pick until 2015..
They signed a couple of receivers today. Garcon and Morgan will complement Santana Moss well in that offense. They have a couple of good tight ends. The biggest weakness on their team right now is offensive line. That's where they'll have to improve. But with Hightower coming back from injury and the rookie from Penn State last year running well I think they'll be improved.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #63
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Fair enough. But there is a huge difference between college ball and the NFL. Tate has proven he can be successful in the NFL. And for the record, I do not want to see him traded.
That's completely fine, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't want to see him traded either. I'm just going by the reports, which I don't think are very on anyways. lol
Old 03-13-2012   #64
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
They signed a couple of receivers today. Garcon and Morgan will complement Santana Moss well in that offense. They have a couple of good tight ends. The biggest weakness on their team right now is offensive line. That's where they'll have to improve. But with Hightower coming back from injury and the rookie from Penn State last year running well I think they'll be improved.
This is what I hate about the NFL today.

Everyone just wants their first round QB's to start right away, throw them into the fire. I've NEVER been a fan of this. Let the guy sit for AT LEAST one year before you throw him out there.

That's just me though.
Old 03-13-2012   #65
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
lol @ Trent Richardson or RG3 being a "once in a decade player".

I don't even know anything about college football and I know that much. C'mon now with this ****.

EDIT: That said, RGIII is much closer to that distinction. But in a draft with Andrew Luck, who's touted as the best QB prospect since like, Elway? No.
Luck is over rated and RG111 is under rated. Wanna bet who will have the better career?

Quote:
RGIII was in a system at Baylor catering to his every ability. Let's see what this guy can do in the NFL under center with good defenses coming at him.

He's also extremely small framed and prone to injury. Ala Michael Vick.
I think you are getting Luck and Griffen mixed up. And what makes you say he is prone to injury?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #66
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Luck is over rated and RG111 is under rated. Wanna bet who will have the better career?

I think you are getting Luck and Griffen mixed up. And what makes you say he is prone to injury?
Dude's skinny as a rail.

Does your site take donations? Because I'm willing to put some money on Luck.
Old 03-13-2012   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Couldn't care less. We're not getting either of them so it doesn't matter to me. I'll take my chances with our D against either.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #68
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And after they sign Winston at RT they will be really improved.
Old 03-13-2012   #69
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is what I hate about the NFL today.

Everyone just wants their first round QB's to start right away, throw them into the fire. I've NEVER been a fan of this. Let the guy sit for AT LEAST one year before you throw him out there.

That's just me though.
Its a recipe that's been working pretty well lately though. Of the QB's that have won Super Bowls recently only Aaron Rodgers didn't start a game within his first couple of years.
Old 03-13-2012   #70
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 271715 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remind me who has more yards from scrimmage and TDs over the last two seasons? AP or UDFA? .
I didn't realize this but I will post it now since I looked at it - last two years:

Adrian Peterson - yards from scrimmage 2748 yds, 26 TDs.

Arian Foster - yards from scrimmage 4061 yds, 30 TDs.

I guess I am pointing this out as damn the Texans and Foster did a great job getting their deal worked out.
Old 03-13-2012   #71
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't realize this but I will post it now since I looked at it - last two years:

Adrian Peterson - yards from scrimmage 2748 yds, 26 TDs.

Arian Foster - yards from scrimmage 4061 yds, 30 TDs.

I guess I am pointing this out as damn the Texans and Foster did a great job getting their deal worked out.
If AP was playing with the Texans that number would be about 6,000...... rushing. lol
Old 03-13-2012   #72
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude's skinny as a rail.

Does your site take donations? Because I'm willing to put some money on Luck.
Yes it does. If you are still around at the end of next year how about a small donation by the loser.

Loser will be decided by which player has the better rookie season.
Old 03-13-2012   #73
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And after they sign Winston at RT they will be really improved.
At least Griffin has the wheels to avoid pass rushers after Winston whiffs on blocks. He's good for about 1 of those a game. He'd make a nice bookend on the other side of Trent Williams though and make that running game pretty good.
Old 03-13-2012   #74
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If AP was playing with the Texans that number would be about 6,000...... rushing. lol

Uh, no.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #75
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
At least Griffin has the wheels to avoid pass rushers after Winston whiffs on blocks. He's good for about 1 of those a game. He'd make a nice bookend on the other side of Trent Williams though and make that running game pretty good.
So true!
Old 03-13-2012   #76
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Yes it does. If you are still around at the end of next year how about a small donation by the loser.

Loser will be decided by which player has the better rookie season.
I've been here since 07....
Old 03-13-2012   #77
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hillis is likely leaving through free agency?...
Trade spots in the 1st 22/26

Give us your 3rd and (pick 100) 4th this yr. Or 3rd this yr and 3rd next yr. You still would probably getting the better end of the deal. Tate is a stud.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #78
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Uh, no.
That would be a joke... wise guy. hahaha
Old 03-14-2012   #79
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

NO FREAKIN' WAY! We have an elite talent that is going to cost the Texans pennies for the next two years. The Texans can restrict him next year and either have a great backup or a first round pick from a team. This is not happening!
Old 03-14-2012   #80
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take joe haden for tate straight up.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read