Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2012   #181
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you trade Tate for the Browns #4 pick?

If we trade Ben Tate to the Browns for the #4 pick we can move ahead of the Rams and scoop Justin Blackmon, thoughts? I love Ben Tate as our back up also with our 1-2 punch combo at RB but Blackmon is Andre 2.0 if we draft him.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #182
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you trade Tate for the Browns #4 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
If we trade Ben Tate to the Browns for the #4 pick we can move ahead of the Rams and scoop Justin Blackmon, thoughts? I love Ben Tate as our back up also with our 1-2 punch combo at RB but Blackmon is Andre 2.0 if we draft him.
Errr...HELLZ Yeah!!...But you're living in dreamland if you think they give up #4 for Tate, I can't really see them giving up #22 unless we were to throw in some sweetner. And in keeping with current themes, there's a thread for that!
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #183
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the real question is why would the Browns give up this pick when they could use it on Trent Richardson?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #184
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I have my number 44 Texans shirt on today, so HELL NO!

Maybe tomorrow...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #185
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think the real question is why would the Browns give up this pick when they could use it on Trent Richardson?
He's a difference maker ... big time. No way Browns do that. Silly
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #186
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

The idea we could get #4 for Tate is stunning. There's ZERO chance. Foster might do the trick, but never would the Browns hand us the #4 pick for Tate.

And to be honest, I once had a man crush on Blackmon. But lately I don't have that bromance for him like I did. Something tells me he could be over-hyped for what he'll encounter in the NFL.

It's fun to watch him pick on teams like TTU and other Big 12 teams who have low secondary talent. Yay. What will he do when he's challenged in the NFL every Sunday by the best of college CBs...guys who have been a CB in the NFL for 3 or 4 or 5 years and then the Safeties also come over and play help on that side, too? Does he go Randy Moss and stop running his routes since it's no longer "easy pickins"? Does he let up? Drag his ass on plays?

Too early to anoint Blackmon as AJ version 2.0.
Old 03-17-2012   #187
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I actually hope that we somehow end up with Michael Floyd..........with Blackmon's history, he may have too many problems staying out of Houston bars.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2012   #188
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what it would really mean if we get the Skids #4 pick is that the Browns GM is smoking crack. If that is the case, we just need to send them some brillo and a few rocks...

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #189
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I actually hope that we somehow end up with Michael Floyd..........with Blackmon's history, he may have too many problems staying out of Houston bars.
Especially since the Texans' WRs (sometimes others join) go out as a group to a bar each Thursday including AJ although he is very low key and not a big drinker.
Old 03-17-2012   #190
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldnt mind Floyd, Wright or Jeffery
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #191
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

no way CLE gives a 1st at best it would be number 2 or maybe a swap of our 26 + Tate for thier 22.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #192
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55827 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not crazy about taking anybody from Notre Dame. Seems like everyone they produce becomes worthless.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #193
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would do it for #37 and their 5th round pick. That would give us a lot of options early in the draft. We could use #26 and #37 to trade up into the early teens and draft Floyd or Decastro. Or we could use one of them to trade down to stockpile e tra picks. There is going to be some very good value in this draft in the middle rounds.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #194
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

While I like Tate as our backup RB, if Cleveland is willing to give up their late 1st or their 2nd (#37) for him, I promptly accept their offer & immediately go out & sign Michael Bush in free agency.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #195
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
no way CLE gives a 1st at best it would be number 2 or maybe a swap of our 26 + Tate for thier 22.
I would demand 22 & a 2nd for Tate & 26..... if I can't get the 2nd, I'd want this year's 3rd & next years.
Old 03-17-2012   #196
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'm not crazy about taking anybody from Notre Dame. Seems like everyone they produce becomes worthless.
Well, there was that one...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #197
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless they gave us crazy value, which is dumb on their part, I don't get giving up Tate. He's a proven performer playing for under $500k/year for the next two years. Hard to replace that value with an UFA or a draft pick, unless it's a high one.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #198
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's Blackmon's history? Because I know that Floyd is still on probation for a DUI last year. Floyd was also arrested in 2010 for underage drinking.
Old 03-17-2012   #199
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What's Blackmon's history? Because I know that Floyd is still on probation for a DUI last year. Floyd was also arrested in 2010 for underage drinking.
Lol... I almost looked Floyd up because I thought he had been in trouble... is it too late for NNN to edit his post? I hate when that happens...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012   #200
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Lol... I almost looked Floyd up because I thought he had been in trouble... is it too late for NNN to edit his post? I hate when that happens...
I was honestly wondering what he knew about Blackmon. Are there any WRs out there without a rap sheet?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read