Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #121
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers hitting the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Now that we have the cap space time to bring Briesel back from Oakland and get Meyer's butt back here. Plug Butler in at RT and go get some quality depth. Just keep rolling on.
Yep. I concur.

Also, I think Peyton will choose the Titans. He isn't going to want to go into Tebow country even if they move Tebow for him. I think he'll see that as some bad mojo, to go to Denver in the middle of that mess. Nobody gives a rat's ass about Hasselbeck in Tennessee...they're ready for Peyton Manning 100% because they'll think he can beat the Texans.

Peyton to the Titans, that's my pick. I had him going to Denver but the late entry of Bud's Titans overtook it. There's a good RB there, CJ, though I don't think he's cerebral enough to handle what Peyton expects of him. They landed Hutchinson, which was probably to woo Peyton even more (or a condition he laid down to Bud). Decent receivers, if Britt stays healthy that is.

I hope he goes to Denver.
Old 03-15-2012   #122
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers took 3 years to learn the system, if some other sucker wants to overpay him then its up to them. I doubt Myers is even in the league right now if he'd signed for any team in win now mode, he'd have been upgraded 3 years ago.

I think he's become fantastic in our system, but he's not irreplaceable and I think he has bust written all over him for anyone else.

The longer this all drags on the more I'm convinced, the Texans would have made these guys (not just Myers) an offer they couldn't refuse if they were that worried about losing them. If we can cut Winston over $5.5m then we sure as hell aren't about to pay Myers AND Mikey B that much between them I don't think.

There's a reason this line was built on the cheap, because its unique in the league in the extremity of the ZBS we use and guys who are perfect for it are of little use elsewhere.

I can imagine us retooling with other teams' trash and a couple of draft picks again and being serviceable now and great again within a couple of years.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #123
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

If Myers wants huge money then I think we should just go get Brisiel instead. If we have 3/5 of our line returning, with one of the replacements being Bulter (who already knows the system), then I think we should be fine. Just make sure we don't lose both Myers and Brisiel. Both are replaceable parts, but its difficult to replace them at the same time.

Maybe Smithiak just has a lot of confidence in Caldwell and Shelley Smith though.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #124
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I get the feeling that the Titans are hosting Chris Myers to drive up his price for us. I don't think they have any intention of signing him for the money he's asking, but want him and his agent to think he's worth much more than he is.
Old 03-15-2012   #125
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll see what happens but if these guys move on, I hope we can continue to find magic in OL guys.

It's well documented that Myers was just another guy in Denver and we traded a 6th round pick for him.

Brisiel on the otherhand, we got in '06 as an undrafted free agent out of Colorado St. Remember all the jokes about Kubiak picking up Colorado St. guys? Well he didn't play at all until week 14 of his 2nd year with us. Fred Weary goes down with a broken leg and we turn to a 2nd year undrafted right guard to take over.

Half of Kubiak/Smith's job is to alway improve our roster and develop the players. This past season's mantra of Next Man Up embodies the fact that the Texans had players on its roster to step into action and take care of business. It sucks for the OL because that's so huge for Schaub and Foster... but these are the big leagues. It's feast or famine. Let's hope we've got those guys on the roster or can pick them up. Caldwell, Shelley Smith, Butler, etc.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #126
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
We'll see what happens but if these guys move on, I hope we can continue to find magic in OL guys.

It's well documented that Myers was just another guy in Denver and we traded a 6th round pick for him.

Brisiel on the otherhand, we got in '06 as an undrafted free agent out of Colorado St. Remember all the jokes about Kubiak picking up Colorado St. guys? Well he didn't play at all until week 14 of his 2nd year with us. Fred Weary goes down with a broken leg and we turn to a 2nd year undrafted right guard to take over.

Half of Kubiak/Smith's job is to alway improve our roster and develop the players. This past season's mantra of Next Man Up embodies the fact that the Texans had players on its roster to step into action and take care of business. It sucks for the OL because that's so huge for Schaub and Foster... but these are the big leagues. It's feast or famine. Let's hope we've got those guys on the roster or can pick them up. Caldwell, Shelley Smith, Butler, etc.
What up from CR, I finally joined. I still hope we can resign Myers and Brisiel (at a reasonable price) because o-line continuity is very important. However, I am very interested to see how good Shelly Smith is. Caldwell...not so much.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #127
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
What up from CR, I finally joined. I still hope we can resign Myers and Brisiel (at a reasonable price) because o-line continuity is very important. However, I am very interested to see how good Shelly Smith is. Caldwell...not so much.
My man! Welcome aboard

And to the bolded, you're right. Especially on the OL it's crucial.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2012   #128
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This phrase keeps sticking in my head...............

Quote:
Saying the Texans are "more conversations than negotiations," Pro Bowl C Chris Myers will hit the open market, according to a Tweet from SiriusXM NFL Radio's Adam Schein.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #129
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This phrase keeps sticking in my head...............
Rosenhouse thought Meyers could get Mangold money on the market. I think they are discovering that is not the case.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #130
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Myers Waiting On Manning

Just a thought. Any ideas?
Old 03-15-2012   #131
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Myers Waiting On Manning

why?
Old 03-15-2012   #132
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it? Are you saying Myers wants to play with Peyton Manning?

Myers is a professional athlete and wants to be paid the most $$$ he can get. Just like the overwhelming majority of professional athletes.
Old 03-15-2012   #133
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

doubt it,
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #134
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it matters which QB's hands are pressed against his taint every play, he just wants to get paid.
Old 03-15-2012   #135
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt it. As we've been taught (all too often), players go where the money is.
Old 03-15-2012   #136
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
I don't think it matters which QB's hands are pressed against his taint every play, he just wants to get paid.
Taint is a good word.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #137
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Annnnnd starting another thread instead of replying to this one
Old 03-15-2012   #138
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I seriously doubt it. As we've been taught (all too often), players go where the money is.
The Texans are being smart in the fact they aren't being The Astros for Scott Boras .
Old 03-15-2012   #139
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Tennessee wants both of them so, why not pay both?
Old 03-15-2012   #140
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I may just start posting "blah blah blah blah" in all the threads until Cak comes over to my apartment and shoots me and my computer.

Well, at least it's active around here. Wasn't this active after some of the games last season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read