Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #101
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Myers hitting the market

I see Myers still doesn't have his Mangold money yet. Was his agent selling him a load of BS?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #102
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I see Myers still doesn't have his Mangold money yet. Was his agent selling him a load of BS?
Drew Rosenhaus would never do such a thing!
Old 03-14-2012   #103
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Drew Rosenhaus would never do such a thing!
I would like to have a hit off of his pipe.

No team that runs a true ZBS would ever pay that kind of money for a lineman even a center. He must go to a ZBS team. He's not big enough to be a straight up blocking center.
Old 03-14-2012   #104
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well you have to be a gentleman if you want to get into certain establishments. Or so I hear.
To reciprocate in an honest fashion, well played.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #105
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, what are they doing to Mario up there? He's going to be there through Thursday!

Are they trying to get him acclimated to the cold weather?

Brainwashing sessions where they stuff him full of hot wings and beer, and roll him over Niagara Falls until he signs a contract?

**** or get off the pot. Am I right? This has become a farce. I think he and his agent are stalling. They're hoping Rick will pick up the phone and say, "OK, OK...we'll match it!" or some such bull****.

I think we're also waiting on Chris "I'm A Rock Star Now!" Myers and whether he gets his fat stack of cash from some other team.

Two guys, IMO, who are needing to make a decision and get it done one way or the other. When does this end? What if Mario decides to see how the pizza tastes in Chicago on Friday? LOL. This is a hoot. It really is.
Old 03-14-2012   #106
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Geez, what are they doing to Mario up there? He's going to be there through Thursday!

Brainwashing sessions where they stuff him full of hot wings and beer, and roll him over Niagara Falls until he signs a contract?

**** or get off the pot. Am I right? This has become a farce. I think he and his agent are stalling. They're hoping Rick will pick up the phone and say, "OK, OK...we'll match it!" or some such bull****.

I think we're also waiting on Chris "I'm A Rock Star Now!" Myers and whether he gets his fat stack of cash from some other team.

Two guys, IMO, who are needing to make a decision and get it done one way or the other. When does this end? What if Mario decides to see how the pizza tastes in Chicago on Friday? LOL. This is a hoot. It really is.
I agree with you on Mario. Not on Chris. I think we have the money for Chris and Brisiel but as long as Mario is unsigned they will not pay anyone else.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
I agree with you on Mario. Not on Chris. I think we have the money for Chris and Brisiel but as long as Mario is unsigned they will not pay anyone else.
IF that's the case, then Bob is the one controlling our end of the situation. IF that's the case, then Bob is being overly sentimental (again) and won't let go when the kid wants to go off to college. He's being a helicopter dad, again, hovering over his kiddies and not letting go.

Because I cannot see the GM and/or the HC or DC being the ones who would hold up all other FA spending juuuuuust for one guy. I have no doubt they're ready to go, and they know who and what they want, and yet they can't budge until Bob and Mario resolve this one way or another.

IF that's the case, then dammit to hell. Period.

In summation: (1) IF, (2) Dammit, (C) To hell. I thank you for your time. God bless.
Old 03-15-2012   #108
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IF that's the case, then Bob is the one controlling our end of the situation. IF that's the case, then Bob is being overly sentimental (again) and won't let go when the kid wants to go off to college. He's being a helicopter dad, again, hovering over his kiddies and not letting go.

Because I cannot see the GM and/or the HC or DC being the ones who would hold up all other FA spending juuuuuust for one guy. I have no doubt they're ready to go, and they know who and what they want, and yet they can't budge until Bob and Mario resolve this one way or another.

IF that's the case, then dammit to hell. Period.

In summation: (1) IF, (2) Dammit, (C) To hell. I thank you for your time. God bless.
Its the MO of the team, and the NFL as a whole, to wait until the big bucks have been spent before spending the smaller bucks. Its also the MO of the NFL to let the top players at each position in general set the market and work on from there with the lesser players.

Teams don't like to feel like they've been ripped off, like they've handed over more cash than necessary. Neither do players.

My guess is that the Texans' FA board looks something along the lines of Mario, then Myers, then Briesel, then a few FA's from other teams, then whatevers left for camp bodies. Maybe you chuck in the likes of Dreessen, Rackers etc at some point, maybe they have their eye on other options for those positions IDK, but I bet things work themselves out in that order.

Frankly, if Mario signs with the Bills and the Texans sign Myers straight away, I'll immediately feel very relieved because it'll tell me they have plenty of cap space going forward.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #109
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only poster that gets a little nervous when I see a new post in this thread?

I keep thinking the other shoe will drop today about Mario and Myers.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #110
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Am I the only poster that gets a little nervous when I see a new post in this thread?

I keep thinking the other shoe will drop today about Mario and Myers.
Don't worry, the moment there is any news you can be sure of 18 seperate threads all saying the same thing to let you know.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #111
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Would be interesting if Smith announced scheduling OLB and center free agent visits' see if that would help.
Old 03-15-2012   #112
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 419 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oops, wrong thread.. nothing to see here..
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #113
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Its the MO of the team, and the NFL as a whole, to wait until the big bucks have been spent before spending the smaller bucks. Its also the MO of the NFL to let the top players at each position in general set the market and work on from there with the lesser players.

Teams don't like to feel like they've been ripped off, like they've handed over more cash than necessary. Neither do players.

My guess is that the Texans' FA board looks something along the lines of Mario, then Myers, then Briesel, then a few FA's from other teams, then whatevers left for camp bodies. Maybe you chuck in the likes of Dreessen, Rackers etc at some point, maybe they have their eye on other options for those positions IDK, but I bet things work themselves out in that order.

Frankly, if Mario signs with the Bills and the Texans sign Myers straight away, I'll immediately feel very relieved because it'll tell me they have plenty of cap space going forward.
I agree in large part. I think it's time Rick announces that he's bringing in Center and OLB free agents for visits. Might as well light the fires and kick the tires at this point. In case we lose Myers or Mario, or both, we need to have been ahead of the curve and trying to cherry pick the best Center and OLB we can get for our free agent dollars. That's MY "MO" in the city of GPville.

Quote:
Don't worry, the moment there is any news you can be sure of 18 seperate threads all saying the same thing to let you know.
LOL! I literally laughed out loud at that. So true. I mean, it's gonna' happen.
Old 03-15-2012   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012   #115
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Now that we have the cap space time to bring Briesel back from Oakland and get Meyer's butt back here. Plug Butler in at RT and go get some quality depth. Just keep rolling on.
Old 03-15-2012   #116
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

PFT reporting Titans land Steve Hutchinson on three-year deal.

Has Tenn turned away from Myers based on this??
Old 03-15-2012   #117
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
PFT reporting Titans land Steve Hutchinson on three-year deal.

Has Tenn turned away from Myers based on this??
Hutch is a guard, no?
Old 03-15-2012   #118
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hutch is a guard, no?
Yes.

I think the Texans should call Wells from Green Bay's Scott Wells since they tampered with Meyers. I know Wells wants to stay in Green Bay but maybe it will make Meyers come to his senses adn we could force Green Bay to pay more for Wells... A little payback if you will.
Old 03-15-2012   #119
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yes.

I think the Texans should call Wells from Green Bay's Scott Wells since they tampered with Meyers. I know Wells wants to stay in Green Bay but maybe it will make Meyers come to his senses adn we could force Green Bay to pay more for Wells... A little payback if you will.
I've seen a few comments saying we're still in talks with Myers, so who the heck knows what we're doing. Wells wants a lot of jack too, right?
Old 03-15-2012   #120
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hutch is a guard, no?
Yes he is. But I was thinking more toward him taking away the O-line money. Titans ink Hutch but may hold off on any offers to Myers until Peyton and 'the decision' is made.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read