Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #61
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What are the odds we keep Myers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Create a new thread with a poll and see what everyone thinks about doing that.

Other than incurring Cak's wrath, that is almost tempting as a joke thread. I believe I'll pass on it this time before the mods have a stroke. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #62
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers hitting the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey HOU-TEX,

Can we start a new thread to discuss Chris Meyer's barbed wire tattoo??
Yeah! You can start one discussing what the hell he uses to shine that dome of his. Deal?
Old 03-13-2012   #63
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Should just merge these threads into "The all inclusive Texans Free Agency MegaThread"
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #64
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Ya probably not any mods around here can move it I guess
Why be a pain in the butt and create work for someone else instead of using a little common sense and sticking it in the right place?
Old 03-13-2012   #65
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why be a pain in the butt and create work for someone else instead of using a little common sense and sticking it in the right place?
If that wasn't a question there would be a hell of a Jeopardy joke to be had.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #66
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Myers is really after that kind of money then let him walk.

Draft David Molk in 4th round and be done with it. You won't be sorry, seriously.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #67
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame Myers (or Brisiel) one bit for testing the FA waters just to get an idea of what he's worth. In my opinion that's the smart thing to do when you're in that position, and I'd probably do the same. I fully expect him to come to the realization that there aren't going to be 10 teams calling him and offering that kind of jack. I suspect he'll come back to the Texans after exploring and sign a fair deal. A good one for him but also considered good for the Texans.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Very nicely played.
Old 03-13-2012   #69
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFootballTalk
Texans C Chris Myers is in talks with Houston and Tennessee, per league source.
Losing him would be one thing, but please not a division rival.
Old 03-13-2012   #70
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he were to go to Tennessee, then **** that guy.

Probably (hopefully?) just using them for leverage.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Losing him would be one thing, but please not a division rival.
Not scared of it.

All he does is stick his hands out and shuffle back and forth while backpedaling. JJ Watt and crew would eat him for breakfast if he plays for the Titans.

You guys, I'm tellin' ya now: Nothing to worry about here. If we lose our Center, Kubiak will grab a guy like Konz or someone else and roll with the punches. He's got that whole Texans team confident in themselves. Next Man Up.

I DARE any of our guys to go to the Titans. DO IT. They'll regret it twice a year.
Old 03-13-2012   #72
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Not scared of it.

All he does is stick his hands out and shuffle back and forth while backpedaling. JJ Watt and crew would eat him for breakfast if he plays for the Titans.

You guys, I'm tellin' ya now: Nothing to worry about here. If we lose our Center, Kubiak will grab a guy like Konz or someone else and roll with the punches. He's got that whole Texans team confident in themselves. Next Man Up.

I DARE any of our guys to go to the Titans. DO IT. They'll regret it twice a year.
Very true. This draft has what we need.

Also, it's not like the line was built around Myers. It sucks losing him now, but we had to suffer through his bad seasons too.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Very true. This draft has what we need.

Also, it's not like the line was built around Myers. It sucks losing him now, but we had to suffer through his bad seasons too.
It's possible that a little-known UDFA named Arian Foster is what the doctor orders when his patient is under the weather.

We wrapped him up for a reason: He makes the o-line BETTER. I know that sounds brash, but damn if I don't think 100% that it's true. You get a guy like Konz, even if we have to trade up IF he's THAT good, and Foster will make Konz look like King Kong out there. King Konz, that is.

I'm to the point where if a guy wants more money and can't scale back a bit to help us...then that's fine. It's a business. But go on and get gone, and remember you played for the team that will win it all in 2012.

Next. Man. Up. The legacy lives on.

EDIT: For all we know, the Texans think they can upgrade Center. Yeah, we're talking to him about a contract...so is another team...but that doesn't mean we're going to dump four truckloads of cash up to his house just to retain him. I think Bob and his crew are holding a line, a financial line in the sand, and they're sticking to it. They have their allotment and they have told guys what they can do, take it or leave it.

I used to think maybe they would cut more players if they needed to. I think they're done. I think they've stored up what cash and space they need...now they are waiting to hear from agents. If a guy leaves, they take that guy's money and they approach some other UFA to there or draft him or grab him as an UDFA after the draft. Masters of their own destiny, so to speak.
Old 03-13-2012   #74
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's possible that a little-known UDFA named Arian Foster is what the doctor orders when his patient is under the weather.

We wrapped him up for a reason: He makes the o-line BETTER. I know that sounds brash, but damn if I don't think 100% that it's true. You get a guy like Konz, even if we have to trade up IF he's THAT good, and Foster will make Konz look like King Kong out there. King Konz, that is.

I'm to the point where if a guy wants more money and can't scale back a bit to help us...then that's fine. It's a business. But go on and get gone, and remember you played for the team that will win it all in 2012.

EDIT: For all we know, the Texans think they can upgrade Center. Yeah, we're talking to him about a contract...so is another team...but that doesn't mean we're going to dump four truckloads of cash up to his house just to retain him. I think Bob and his crew are holding a line, a financial line in the sand, and they're sticking to it. They have their allotment and they have told guys what they can do, take it or leave it.

I used to think maybe they would cut more players if they needed to. I think they're done. I think they've stored up what cash and space they need...now they are waiting to hear from agents. If a guy leaves, they take that guy's money and they approach some other UFA to there or draft him or grab him as an UDFA after the draft. Masters of their own destiny, so to speak.
I can understand Texans' allotment and sticking their financial plan. I just hope that we will be able to sign at least Brisiel. We maybe able to put Brisiel to RG/C and Caldwell to RG/C Butler to RT and Wade Smith LG, Duane Brown LT. And, draft some Oline talent/s from draft, UDFA, and or reasonable priced FA.

I just hope our FO plan works(if it is a plan).

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #75
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

This is where I'm at too. Don't let the door hit ya and all that jazz. We were a couple of freak injuries away last year. If guys don't want to stick around and finish the job, then happy trails.

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 03-13-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Very nicely played.
Well played by both of you gentlemen!!
Old 03-13-2012   #77
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Big progression, hope he is worth it.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #78
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

Big progression, hope he is worth it.
That was two years ago. Dude made some improvements over those two years. I thought if we don't get Mario signed we should try and get Myers and Brisel signed.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #79
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like the Texans gave Myers, Rosenhaus and their contract aspirations a big helping of, "Let us know how that goes for you."

8 years is right out. 3, 4 tops. 8 mil a year? Keep dreaming dude. Don't forget what got you there.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #80
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well played by both of you gentlemen!!
Well you have to be a gentleman if you want to get into certain establishments. Or so I hear.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read