Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #41
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Kareem and other dead weight still here but not Winston?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Neither is Winston. Unlike Duane Brown, Winston never really progressed like most thought he would.
Agreed on that. I wasn't trying to so much defend Winston so much as I am always baffled by the defense some put up for Kareem.

It's like politics, people seem so entrenched in their beliefs no matter what is clearly displayed right before their eyes that no one changes their opinions. (sorry for political analogy...best one i could think of)

I can manipulate stats a million ways too but what do you see on the field...what do your eyes tell you? That KJ is simply not that good is the answer.

Trash? No. Overall what someone should in general consider good? Also no.

He is good at run stopping, so maybe make him an LB then....I'd like my DB's to cover people please.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Agreed on that. I wasn't trying to so much defend Winston so much as I am always baffled by the defense some put up for Kareem.

It's like politics, people seem so entrenched in their beliefs no matter what is clearly displayed right before their eyes that no one changes their opinions. (sorry for political analogy...best one i could think of)

I can manipulate stats a million ways too but what do you see on the field...what do your eyes tell you? That KJ is simply not that good is the answer.

Trash? No. Overall what someone should in general consider good? Also no.

He is good at run stopping, so maybe make him an LB then....I'd like my DB's to cover people please.

I got ya. I think most all of us can agree that KJ got better this past season, right? Whether the improvement was from a very good front 7 or KJ himself is a discussion for another day, but I'm willing to see if the progression carries on to this season. Cutting a player after his 2nd year wouldn't be advantageous for him or the club, imo.
Old 03-14-2012   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I got ya. I think most all of us can agree that KJ got better this past season, right? Whether the improvement was from a very good front 7 or KJ himself is a discussion for another day, but I'm willing to see if the progression carries on to this season. Cutting a player after his 2nd year wouldn't be advantageous for him or the club, imo.
I agree and admit he got better. I want him to succeed which is what is frustrating as getting success from him seems as slow as hand squeezing olive oil out of an olive.

He did play better and I would like to see him in this scheme a second year, but KJ was so far below par IMO for what a DB should be that even with improvement he is still below par, just not AS far below if that makes sense.

While I would like to see him in another year of this system, my concern is if we get a benefit of releasing him to keep a proven and better player like Myers, why would we not do that?

Agreed debating KJ himself is for another day, but if I know I get X cap space by letting him go and that makes my Y closer to getting a starter back I do it.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I agree and admit he got better. I want him to succeed which is what is frustrating as getting success from him seems as slow as hand squeezing olive oil out of an olive.

He did play better and I would like to see him in this scheme a second year, but KJ was so far below par IMO for what a DB should be that even with improvement he is still below par, just not AS far below if that makes sense.

While I would like to see him in another year of this system, my concern is if we get a benefit of releasing him to keep a proven and better player like Myers, why would we not do that?

Agreed debating KJ himself is for another day, but if I know I get X cap space by letting him go and that makes my Y closer to getting a starter back I do it.
I think we pretty much agree. I think I'd give him up for Myers too if it ever came down to that. I think Myers truly wants to stay here. I just think he wanted to check the market to help drive up our offer. However, I'm not sure we can afford a $ battle with the titans right now.
Old 03-14-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
many or most dont agree, but i think kareem will be one of our better players - if not a great. it seems that he's been here forever, but jackson just finished his sophomore season ... his rookie being without coaching and forced to be the #1 without any veteran or on field support ... screwed. basically a david carr-esque drafted into "worst case scenario", but lucky enough to get wade last year. few jump that much from year one to year two, and none do it without a training camp in between, but kareem went from horrid to above average. by preseason i expect him to be as good or better than a young terrance newman ... he is the ideal #2 in wade's system in my opinion.
I more or less agree with this.

My biggest issue with him is his confidence. Throughout the 2010 season, Kubiak praised him for not losing his confidence, but throughout the 2011 season, I think his biggest problem was confidence. Watching him (& I watched him a lot) he looked as if he second guessed everything.

Physically, I think he's talented enough to be who we want him to be. Lack of "closing speed" not withstanding. If he could get his head out of his but, & just play..... stop thinking, trust his eyes, instincts, whatever you want to call it, I think he can be very good.
Old 03-14-2012   #46
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

While the OP may be terrible at making threads, maybe what he is really trying to say is:

Free Brice McCain.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read