Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #21
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Kareem and other dead weight still here but not Winston?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I'm not going to rant on anything......but I don't see Kareem as being that great. I don't know if I would say trash..he did play good enough last year to climb out of the trash can, but I still can't see a serious (non joking/not just trying to be different) defense of him.

The best defense (that I enjoy) is how he is a run stopper. Nice. I love my DB's to specialize in that

Again, he is finally above P-Burnt status but not by much...

But nothing to panic about IMO....I'm anxious to see what happens here...Texans may have somethig big coming.
Neither is Winston. Unlike Duane Brown, Winston never really progressed like most thought he would.
Old 03-13-2012   #22
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
Eric Wright, Brandon Carr and even the hated Cortkand Finnegan will all be available in 2 hours, all are miles better than KJax. Yet we can't even figure how to keep our OL in tact.
I know. We should sign all 3 of those guys and Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, and Carl Nicks with the boat loads of money we have....
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #23
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
OD could be replaced easily in this draft. Wouldn't be surprised or sad to see him go.
His cap hit is $5M this year. If we cut him, it accelerates the bonus cap hits due in 2012-2014 to this year, which would cost $4.5M. So, Daniels is staying unless my figures are wrong.
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
His cap hit is $5M this year. If we cut him, it accelerates the bonus cap hits due in 2012-2014 to this year, which would cost $4.5M. So, Daniels is staying unless my figures are wrong.
Everything I have read said his guaranteed money was paid in year 1, and there was no signing bonus. Did he restructure at some point?
Old 03-13-2012   #25
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

...it's his 3rd year why would you release him?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #26
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Everything I have read said his guaranteed money was paid in year 1, and there was no signing bonus. Did he restructure at some point?
OD's Signing bonus was amortized at $1.5M/yr.

ETA - the extension was in March 2011, with $0 guaranteed money, but the signing bonus still counts against the cap.
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Has my hatred for Dunta really blinded me so much? I mean I don't remember many "plays" made by Dunta & many around here were considering him nigh pro-bowl caliber.
Dunta was the #1 corner here and played the opposing teams best WR a lot of the times.

Seems like some folks have a bad memory, but before Dunta got hurt he was balling. He was not J.Jo good, but he was better than Kareem.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #28
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It doesn't matter what he's good at right now. Right now is all about the cap and a little free agency. If Kareem's cap hit is relatively low (Which I believe it is) then he is probably fairly safe from getting cut.
If he's cut, he costs us an immediate $5MM cap hit to pay off the remainder of his signing bonus. Keeping him costs us his salary plus prorated bonus, which is about $5MM. Cutting him or keeping him costs you around $5mm against the cap. I'd rather keep him, as like stated before - he IS the second best corner on the roster right now.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about y'all, but I'm on a jersey watch right now. So far, I've only lost my Demeco jersey, but could lose my Super Mario Jersey too! That's 3 of my 9 jerseys! Watt am I going to do?? I guess the 2 Fosters, the 2 AJ's, the Cusings and the expansion jersey are safe.

These selfish players don't even think about how much it cost us to buy those jerseys to support them, then they run off to another team. Sure we could replace the c a r r with a s h w a b when their numbers are the same, but then it's just not quite as nice.

Maybe Meco will re-sign for a cheaper contract....any chance...at all??
Old 03-13-2012   #30
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I don't know about y'all, but I'm on a jersey watch right now. So far, I've only lost my Demeco jersey, but could lose my Super Mario Jersey too! That's 3 of my 9 jerseys! Watt am I going to do?? I guess the 2 Fosters, the 2 AJ's, the Cusings and the expansion jersey are safe.

These selfish players don't even think about how much it cost us to buy those jerseys to support them, then they run off to another team. Sure we could replace the c a r r with a s h w a b when their numbers are the same, but then it's just not quite as nice.

Demeco is still on the team
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #31
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't believe that Demeco has been cut.
Old 03-13-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Dunta was the #1 corner here and played the opposing teams best WR a lot of the times.

Seems like some folks have a bad memory, but before Dunta got hurt he was balling. He was not J.Jo good, but he was better than Kareem.
Seems like. Let me go back & watch all those Dunta Robinson highlights.
Old 03-13-2012   #33
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut Kareem...and then your 2nd CB is who? I'm not saying he's an all pro buuuut I AM saying the drop off from Kareem to....McCain? Brandon Harris? Sherrick friggin McMannis? ...is a lot steeper than Winston to Butler. Pass pro just took a step forward, I think ideally that's what OTs should be best at, not run blocking. Butler stepped in for Brown and did well. Jacoby isn't being cut because who the hell is after him? A guy who looked good in preseason?

Sweet jumpin Jesus flakes, you guys need to let some more offseason happen before the sky falls.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #34
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's why I still proudly rock my White Texans 02 jersey.

OLD SCHOOL!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #35
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

many or most dont agree, but i think kareem will be one of our better players - if not a great. it seems that he's been here forever, but jackson just finished his sophomore season ... his rookie being without coaching and forced to be the #1 without any veteran or on field support ... screwed. basically a david carr-esque drafted into "worst case scenario", but lucky enough to get wade last year. few jump that much from year one to year two, and none do it without a training camp in between, but kareem went from horrid to above average. by preseason i expect him to be as good or better than a young terrance newman ... he is the ideal #2 in wade's system in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2012   #36
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cut Winston, WTF?!?!?! Ok fine, we need cap room, but what about the garbage on our payroll? Kareem Jackson? Jacoby? Jeff Garcia? Jake Delhomme?

Those two washed up QBs at league minimum are eating a few million, and Kareem Jax as a 1st rounder ain't cheap!

Why? Why? Why?
I would say because Allen is a UFA, we have a bunch of guys with no experience behind Jackson on the depth chart, and they seem intent on keeping Quin at SS.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Seems like. Let me go back & watch all those Dunta Robinson highlights.
If kareem were to hit the open market do you think any team would give him anything close to what dunta got?

Falcons obviously overpaid, but my point is that no one is going to overpay Kareem.
Old 03-14-2012   #38
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If kareem were to hit the open market do you think any team would give him anything close to what dunta got?

Falcons obviously overpaid, but my point is that no one is going to overpay Kareem.

Kareem sucks balls. If someone offerred a bag of Doritos for him, id take it. Hell, jacoby would probably be a better CB than this slug. Kevin Walter breaks off Kareem in practices.
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #39
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kareem sucks balls. If someone offerred a bag of Doritos for him, id take it. Hell, jacoby would probably be a better CB than this slug. Kevin Walter breaks off Kareem in practices.
Stop being a mental midget.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The man has his faults, but he's not trash....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read