Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #21
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vickers released

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Hmm not sure I like this cut.. vickers was a lot better than casey last year..
I wouldn't be surprised to see Casey back to TE, Dreessen gone, and who knows about OD, his contract is pretty big and he's slowed a little of late, loads of talent behind him too.

Then they try and take someone either late in the draft or as UDFA to mould into exactly what they want.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #22
Mike77015
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Mike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Negative! They did not utilize Casey to his potential.
Mike77015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #23
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You can do more things with Casey, but he isn't close to being as good a straight up run blocker as Vickers.
Actually many considered Casey to be more effective in blocking when they were able to compare both of them
Old 03-13-2012   #24
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

PFF Mike Clay Twitter:

Quote:
@PFF_MikeClay: Lawrence Vickers cut means James Casey is locked in as the fullback. This likely means the team feels they can re-sign Joel Dreessen #Texans
I'm not sure that is the conclusion to draw from Vickers' release...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #25
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, the stats are kinda skewed a tad between Vickers being brought in and having to split a role with Casey, and Casey getting hurt. Vickers started out slow but towards the end of the season after a a handful of starts he started blocking much better, and opening up huge holes for our backs as well as knocking some heads on the other team. I liked the guy personally and think he will be missed, I just think its disrespectful to everyone who has gotten cut so far that JJ wasn't the first one to go before any of them though.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this means Casey will automatically be the full time FB.

Expect them to bring in some real competition for that spot either via the draft or UDFA...

I thought Vickers got better as the season went on, but he was nowhere near the dual threat that Casey was, and you can probably find and eaual type bruiser for much cheaper and younger.

I think they felt they could find someone just as good for cheaper and I think that's what some of these cuts are coming down to.

I don't know if there is any grand scheme type stuff going on.

We will have a full off-season this go round, so new guys will have time lo learn and be coached up in the system.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #27
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey y'all, guess what?

McClain is re-tweeting that Vickers was released!!! Quick, someone start a thread!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #28
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Which game was it that Vickers had the open path to the endzone but dropped it? Raiders? That, fair or unfair, is the lasting image I have of him.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #29
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Hey y'all, guess what?

McClain is re-tweeting that Vickers was released!!! Quick, someone start a thread!
I love how McGobbler talks about how much in the know he is, but never scoops the story. Never!

"No way Manning is coming to the Texans. He can't even throw the ball."

Not that I want ti to happen. However, if Manning does sign with the Texans, McGobbler just needs to go bye bye and shut up.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #30
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, I wonder what Arian Foster is thinking right now?

"Okay, you just got rid of my RT, now my starting fullback, while my starting center and guard are still up in the air. They paid me for what, now? I'll have to hang up my bowties for a neckbrace if this sh!t keeps happening."

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #31
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
Which game was it that Vickers had the open path to the endzone but dropped it? Raiders? That, fair or unfair, is the lasting image I have of him.
Didn't he have a horrible drop vs. the Ravens as well? In the playoffs no less.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
How are you holding up with Winston being cut? You were the first thing that I thought of when I heard the news. I know he was really big with your charity. Hopefully he'll continue to give you his support, regardless of what team he goes to.
It is hard news to take I sent him an email thanking him for everything.
Old 03-13-2012   #33
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
It is hard news to take I sent him an email thanking him for everything.
Like I said, hopefully he'll continue to give you support.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Sellers from Washington will be available. Been in the same system.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think this means Casey will automatically be the full time FB.

Expect them to bring in some real competition for that spot either via the draft or UDFA...

I thought Vickers got better as the season went on, but he was nowhere near the dual threat that Casey was, and you can probably find and eaual type bruiser for much cheaper and younger.

I think they felt they could find someone just as good for cheaper and I think that's what some of these cuts are coming down to.

I don't know if there is any grand scheme type stuff going on.

We will have a full off-season this go round, so new guys will have time lo learn and be coached up in the system.
Good Post! Also don't believe they are trying anything huge. Just trying to get the important current and future FA's wrapped up.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #36
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have traded Winston to the Ravens for Vonta Leach...
Old 03-13-2012   #37
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post

Sad thing is there were 2 games ..
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this guy. He is one dimentional but what a blocker!
Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson
Height: 6-2. Weight: 257.
Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
Arm: 30 3/8. Hand: 9 7/8.
Projected Round (2011): 7-FA.
3/6/12: Diehl did a good job of lead blocking for Andre Ellington, but Diehl did not catch a pass in 2011.

8/22/11: Chad Diehl is a powerful lead blocker. He has the ability to run over defenders and blast open holes for running backs. Diehl is not much of a runner or receiver. Over three seasons, he has a total of seven receptions for 39 yards with five carries for eight yards. Diehl has to be a dominant blocker in 2011 to get drafted.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012FB.php
Old 03-13-2012   #39
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you Jesus. Thank you Lord..........
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #40
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

oh well, even still casey still took more snaps according to kuhersky..

Quote:
Who played the most on offense in the AFC South in 2011? ... Greg Jones was the only fullback to play at least a third of his teamís snaps. Houstonís James Casey was next in fullback playing time, working 32.39 percent of the Texansí snaps.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read