Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #121
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So... WTF is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I wonder if it is good news that we've not heard if Myers has visited anywhere yet?
Hopefully he's not on the same flight as Winston down to Miami. Both Hurricanes and familiar with the Miami area. I have no idea what their center situation is.

It's weird though. Of all our free agents, I feel the most confident in Myers to re-sign with us. Don't know why, but I think Kubiak is gonna be doing everything he can to keep him here.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #122
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If that's the plan, I'm on board. If there is no plan, and it's all just wishful thinking, then I'll be angry...

I just get this feeling that we're going to end up signing some leftover guys next week to fill holes and then continue to "build through the draft".
Agreed
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #123
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
If so ouch.

Texans will be right back where they were...relying on rookies to start in key positions...
Except in a division where every other team is in far worse shape than us. If we're going to have a big changing of the guard in non-skill positions, now is the time to do it. You can still win the division the next couple of seasons while developing rookies and getting yourself out of salary cap hell.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #124
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
lol. He can't until he wipes the McDonalds "special sauce" off his hands
That special sauce isn't from Mickey D's ... hes just real happy FA is here.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #125
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
That special sauce isn't from Mickey D's ... hes just real happy FA is here.
You will NEVER be forgiven! yack!
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #126
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And that kind of inexperience doesn't get you to the SB, especially at C.

Caldwell yr 3? Suck, yes inexperienced no.

Butler into yr 4?

Butler will do fine in Winstons place and either Myers or Briesel will be re-signed. If Myers leaves I could see Kontz at 26.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #127
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Except in a division where every other team is in far worse shape than us. If we're going to have a big changing of the guard in non-skill positions, now is the time to do it. You can still win the division the next couple of seasons while developing rookies and getting yourself out of salary cap hell.
I thought the general consensus around here, was that only the Texans take longer than 2 years to turn things around. The Titans & the Jags are at least 2 years into their rebuild.
Old 03-13-2012   #128
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I'm reading there may not be some grand plan. The Texans may have just had cap issues and needed less expensive replacements so can sign guys next year.
Old 03-13-2012   #129
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

What's going on? From when Bob was on 610, I took away that they'll let all their FA's test the market and hope they'll come back to them to match or give a comparable offer.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #130
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
What's going on? From when Bob was on 610, I took away that they'll let all their FA's test the market and hope they'll come back to them to match or give a comparable offer.
They can't put themselves in cap hell with key components like Schaub, Barwin and D Brown due up next year. They have to let the market set itself and sign what they can afford. It sucks, but it's life in the salary cap era.

It's the first time I've ever despised the premise of a salary cap.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #131
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG I feel 6-10 coming on......
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #132
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
There is always the Dynamos for ya. Hey they are even opening a new stadium this year.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #133
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R View Post
That's pretty much what it looks like is going to happen. "Go out there and get your offers, and please just come back to us and give us a chance to give you something comparable."

Doesn't look too promising JR.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #134
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Quick, change it to 7-90!
Old 03-13-2012   #135
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

sports radio 6-10 ??????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #136
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
sports radio 6-10 ??????
6 wins 10 losses.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #137
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2088 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
And that kind of inexperience doesn't get you to the SB, especially at C.
Steelers made it to the Super Bowl with a rookie Center, Maurkice Pouncey
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #138
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like Peter Konz...

I like Zeitler much better...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #139
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#Texans RT @DerrickWard32: 2 all my fans out there in Houston not up 2 me 2 stay in Houston. If the Texans want me back they'll call if not it was fun while it lasted!
D Ward's tweet about being back with the Texans.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #140
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
D Ward's tweet about being back with the Texans.
Quote:
#Texans RT @DerrickWard32: 2 all my fans out there in Houston not up 2 me 2 stay in Houston. If the Texans want me back they'll call if not it was fun while it lasted!
Hmmm....

So would this mean he doesn't have ANY contract prospects with any other team, or does this mean he might have an offer from another team but wants to wait and see if Texans can match or exceed it? Or does it mean he has nothing from any teams?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read