Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #141
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I liken this whole Mario thing to my basketball team, the Suns, making the decision to let go of Amare Stoudemire.

Both great, athletic masterpieces. Huge contributors, great players. Ultimately though, too much money, and too many questions. Injuries a problem, perceptions of not always playing hard, etc. Like Amare, Mario wants the guaranteed money, and that's just not feasible. You want to keep those guys on your team forever since they're so rare, but tough decisions have to be made. Ultimately, letting Amare go was the best thing for the team, as he looks a shell of himself (not due to no Nash, btw) in NY.

Let's just hope we do a better job replacing Mario than the Suns did replacing Amare, lol.
yeah, b/c you know i was going to allude to how the Suns went completely in the crapper after he left.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #142
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Lots of reasons for that, not just Amare lol.

But that's another discussion.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #143
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I agree. Well, I would disagree with Wade, but I agree that Wade would be behind the re-signing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'm a little worried about selling the farm for Mario though. Defense wins Championships? Not anymore, QB's win championships, we're in the era of the 5000 yard QB and rules that say you have to wait for a receiver to be ready before you lay a hit on him.

Its nice having a great pass-rush, but at the cost of giving your injury-troubled, immobile QB a pocket to throw from? Thats some scary **** right there.
And what makes you so sure we will still have an injury-troubled, immobile QB?
Old 03-13-2012   #144
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'm a little worried about selling the farm for Mario though. Defense wins Championships? Not anymore, QB's win championships, we're in the era of the 5000 yard QB and rules that say you have to wait for a receiver to be ready before you lay a hit on him.

Its nice having a great pass-rush, but at the cost of giving your injury-troubled, immobile QB a pocket to throw from? Thats some scary **** right there.
Yep.

Keeping a luxury like Mario ain't an option. Especially when the Texans need some playmakers on offense. Two new WRs and a Gronk-esqe TE would be nice.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #145
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56250 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?
There's a few good ones in the up oming draft
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #146
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?
In that scenario I'd probably move Briesel to center and have an open competition at RG between Caldwell, Shelly Smith, and a rookie....I really like Zeitler...That dude is big and nasty...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #147
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56250 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
In that scenario I'd probably move Briesel to center and have an open competition at RG between Caldwell, Shelly Smith, and a rookie....I really like Zeitler...That dude is big and nasty...
We would probably have to move up in the second round get him but he would be worth it. How about as long as we are moving up we just do it in the first and take David DeCastro?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #148
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I do not want to see Meco go, but maybe cutting him also is what gets Mario and Manning signed here. Jacoby should have been cut a long time ago.
OMG!!! Will you people stop with the f'ing Manning!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #149
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
We would probably have to move up in the second round get him but he would be worth it. How about as long as we are moving up we just do it in the first and take David DeCastro?
Trading down to the top of the 2nd would be the preferable thing to do. Lots of O-line talent in this draft, so having an extra 3rd would be very useful. Gonna have to trust Wary and their drafting abilities this year.
Old 03-13-2012   #150
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it's "tomorrow" and Demeco and even Jacoby are both still on this team
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #151
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it time yet?

Old 03-13-2012   #152
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

hahahah wow. Whoever made that is genius.

.....But yes it is time.
Old 03-13-2012   #153
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #154
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 29450 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Paging Op, you said 11AM right? I hope you can handle the terrible damaging effect of my negative rep if this doesn't come true, I know its terrifying.
I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.
Old 03-13-2012   #155
The Cush
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done
All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either
Old 03-13-2012   #156
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either
yeah maybe the had a check up with Sharpton and hes doing better then expected .. How is he doing in anywayz prob good if they are thinking about cutting demco
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #157
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.

Old 03-13-2012   #158
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Well not many others make a thread claiming something like this that doesn't end up happening. That being said, I'm not going to neg you for this, I'm not too bent about it.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #159
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Alexander won't be a FA until 2014, so he's got two seasons left on his contract. Dobbins is an UFA as you thought.
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #160
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
If Winston had to go, Demeco does as well.

It's gonna kill the locker room, though.
Doubtful. I'm pretty sure Winston talked his way out. Look at the rest of the line. I don't believe any of them talk with the media or make no attempt to be accessible. Also, was Winston involved in player repping? I don't see why any active player would want that gig. Mgmt is like fock you, we got elephant memories.

Demeco can't be a leader if he can't make plays. I thank him for his service. Like the other guy wrote, dude should never have to work another day in his life, unless he's a dumbass. In which case, I wouldn't feel sorry for him.

Flava Flav is coming out with a remake of his classic PI song. It's called JJ12 is a Joke.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read