Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2012   #101
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
much to dale's chagrin, i think it's very possible all of this is being done to get MW back.

here's the deal......just like arian, all has been quiet on the MW front and all we've heard from the FO is that they want him back... we also heard the little rumor a couple days back about some contractors working on Mario's house...him saying that they're workiing on something as we speak. doesn't sound like the FO is resigned to just let him walk.... meanwhile we've has surprising cuts in winston and other rumors about other surprising cuts possibly on the way. it's extremely limited info i know, but all signs point to the texans trying to make a run at him.

It's smart imo. You gotta keep all the elite talent locked up...mario falls in that category.

How is it smart when it was shown you can make a true run with other guys. Paying him large amounts of cash..which is what his price is going to be...at the sake of continuity on the O-line, LBS, etc makes zero sense to me. Signing the other O-linemen and adding some other FAs not named Mario makes more sense.
Old 03-13-2012   #102
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Lay off the negs. OP made a mistake. It happens.

First rule about neg rep, DO NOT TALK ABOUT NEG REP!
Old 03-13-2012   #103
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is true, then it may be a good sign for the Texans. They are acting like a true pro sports team.

You don't fit the system?
Overpaid?
Haven't produced in a year or two?

Welcome to Cutsville

I hate the Pats and Giants, but they don't hold on to players for sentimental value.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #104
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

I have no clue how to even neg rep someone. To me positive rep or negative rep is just a popularity contest and has no bearing on anything.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #105
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I have no clue how to even neg rep someone. To me positive rep or negative rep is just a popularity contest and has no bearing on anything.
Nope. It is a way for us to share private opinions. I rather enjoy having the feature. I don't want to create a post that says A+++ or I agree and then make everybody come click on the new posts thread just for that.

Click on the hourglass or was it a scale on the left side. That is how you leave rep.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #106
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope. It is a way for us to share private opinions. I rather enjoy having the feature. I don't want to create a post that says A+++ or I agree and then make everybody come click on the new posts thread just for that.

Click on the hourglass or was it a scale on the left side. That is how you leave rep.
I positive rep'd you for teaching me how to positive rep you.
Old 03-13-2012   #107
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Rick Smith = Cannon...Eric Winston = foot soldier.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #108
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I positive rep'd you for teaching me how to positive rep you.
You do understand that I won't posti-rep you because I don't want you in my social circle.

NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #109
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You do understand that I won't posti-rep you because I don't want you in my social circle.

Makes perfect sense. I would think very poorly of anyone who knowingly allowed me into their social circle.
Old 03-13-2012   #110
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
If this is true, then it may be a good sign for the Texans. They are acting like a true pro sports team.

You don't fit the system?
Overpaid?
Haven't produced in a year or two?

Welcome to Cutsville

I hate the Pats and Giants, but they don't hold on to players for sentimental value.
Holding onto Mario would be exactly that though, sentimental. We don't 'need' him. We could use him, but we don't need him. We found 2 guys who can play OLB and it would be better for the team if we let Mario walk and added depth behind those guys and signed our other FA's (Myers, Brisiel, Dreessen).

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #111
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Holding onto Mario would be exactly that though, sentimental. We don't 'need' him. We could use him, but we don't need him. We found 2 guys who can play OLB and it would be better for the team if we let Mario walk and added depth behind those guys and signed our other FA's (Myers, Brisiel, Dreessen).
I stand by my opinion that IF they sign Mario it is because Wade wants him here and believes we can have a better defense by far with him at OLB next year.
Old 03-13-2012   #112
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand by my opinion that IF they sign Mario it is because Wade wants him here and believes we can have a better defense by far with him at OLB next year.
I agree. Well, I would disagree with Wade, but I agree that Wade would be behind the re-signing.
Old 03-13-2012   #113
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
How is it smart when it was shown you can make a true run with other guys. Paying him large amounts of cash..which is what his price is going to be...at the sake of continuity on the O-line, LBS, etc makes zero sense to me. Signing the other O-linemen and adding some other FAs not named Mario makes more sense.
Texans may feel like they need an elite talent to compete against elite offenses (which we will see more of this year).

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.

Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #114
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Just to play Devil's advocate, the 3-4 is predicated on having an abundance of quality pass rushers. The Texans have 2: Barwin and Reed. What would happen if one of them gets injured? The Texans would only have 1 of them plus some rookie they drafted who may or may not be as ready to go as Reed.

Meco didn't really play all that much since the team was in Nickle quite a bit. JJ deserves to be gone.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #115
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).
I interpreted Winston as saying Texans did not want to embarass him by asking him to take a pay cut. No reason for team to be embarrassed.

If Texans not satisfied with Ryans for any reason, saving a million dollars is still saving a million dollars that can be added with other millions. Then they also save his salary. It may not be just a cap move. IF it happens.
Old 03-13-2012   #116
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Texans may feel like they need an elite talent to compete against elite offenses (which we will see more of this year).

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.

Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.
I'll post what Gosselin from the DMN wrote and I couldn't agree more

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...carl-nicks.ece

Quote:
Why is nobody concerned that Houston is prepared to just let Mario Williams walk?

Gosselin: Houston is prepared to let him go because the Texans realize they don't need Mario Williams to play great defense. Playing without him most of last season, they still finished second in the NFL in defense and sixth in sacks. I think the Texans would love to keep Williams at a reasonable price. He would make a good defense even better. But the Texans realize the defense isn't going to collapse without him - like the Cowboys defense would without Ware. Overpaying for Williams would put the Teans in a cap-bind they don't need at this point in their development as a contender. This team is very close to being Super Bowl-ready, with or without Williams. Williams is a superb player and the best pass rusher available. He'll get his money. The Cowboys should at least pick up the phone to inquire.
Old 03-13-2012   #117
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Lat year was like that first line of coke exciting because it was so compressed due to the lockout.

We were all like junkies waiting for our fix!
First time I heard of snorting a line of Coke, I tried but dang near drowned myself and the fizz gave me a headache.

Do you want to tell us about your experience? Don't mean to derail thread but hey.
Old 03-13-2012   #118
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Why hasn't a link surfaced yet?
This! WTH is going on?
Old 03-13-2012   #119
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
This! WTH is going on?
Perhaps Solomon's source was not as good as he thought.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #120
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I think signing Mario would be the smart thing to do. Let Myers walk, sign Briesel.Mario was well on his way to having his best season ever and would have likely been among the top of the tops in Sacks. And I can not re-iterate enough that Mario is excellent against the run. Rare to to find a guy that can do both that well and that has the versatility that Mario has.
WHo is the center? If Briesel, who is RG?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read