Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If we are doing all of this just to re-sign Mario I'm gonna be pissed.
Surely . But my gut says you might not be.

If the reports we're hearing about 'meco & Jacoby are sound, then there's something stirring. If it's just to sign Mario, then I agree. That might be that "at all cost" clause that's been discussed.

If not, it's going to be interesting.

Hope this doesn't come across as cruel, but this is the most exciting off season to date, or is it just me?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Hope this doesn't come across as cruel, but this is the most exciting off season to date, or is it just me?
Mario and Manning in the same free agency class? Yeah, it's pretty intense.

It's like Christmas for me. I open one thread, but I'm tossing it aside so I can open another thread. Oooooh look over there! ANOTHER THREAD?!?!? Gimme gimme gimme!!!!! YAY!!!!! :passes out:
Old 03-12-2012   #43
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Mario and Manning in the same free agency class? Yeah, it's pretty intense.

It's like Christmas for me. I open one thread, but I'm tossing it aside so I can open another thread. Oooooh look over there! ANOTHER THREAD?!?!? Gimme gimme gimme!!!!! YAY!!!!! :passes out:
My feelings exactly. I posted on Facebook that free agency is like Christmas all over again
Old 03-12-2012   #44
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Soloman is just butt hurting now and throwing **** out hoping it sticks. Dude doesn't know jack about the Texans. Him and Warner have been crying like little beaches all night.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #45
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Just dont neg rep me!
You too huh.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #46
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

W...t...f.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #47
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012   #48
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
You too huh.
Cut ya that deep? I think they make something for that... ya know... the constant bleeding and all.
Old 03-13-2012   #49
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Surely . But my gut says you might not be.

If the reports we're hearing about 'meco & Jacoby are sound, then there's something stirring. If it's just to sign Mario, then I agree. That might be that "at all cost" clause that's been discussed.

If not, it's going to be interesting.

Last year was very exciting.
Old 03-13-2012   #50
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I'm trying to find it. My buddy who is always about a day ahead of me with Texans news just texted me. He's never given me bad info.
Your friend probably tuned into 610 when they had Solomon on and listened in mid-conversation. Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco instead of Winston and Solomon echoed the words "cut Demeco" quite a bit after that. He wasn't saying they should but ran with that scenario instead of letting go of Winston.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #51
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Last year was very exciting.
Lat year was like that first line of coke exciting because it was so compressed due to the lockout.

We were all like junkies waiting for our fix!
Old 03-13-2012   #52
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Cut ya that deep? I think they make something for that... ya know... the constant bleeding and all.
Actually its funny.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #53
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
If it only saves 900k this year (Ryans)...maybe it saves more in later years. If FO was "embarrassed" to ask Winston to take a pay cut then they would be "really embarrassed" to ask Ryans. Very interesting night to say the least. I think if they cut Ryans he would not get anywhere the same amount of cash from any other team considering his injury. If this goes down Rick needs a rap or mafia type nickname. This FO has never ever been so aggressive in terms of cutting players (starters under 30).
Cutting Demeco would actually save $2.1 mil on the cap. And, if they called it a post June 1st cut, it would save about $4.5 million on this year's cap.
Old 03-13-2012   #54
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

When they cut Winston, it made perfect sense that the next one to be chopped would be Demeco.

It proves that they do not pay for what a player did before, as in some kind of reward. You are paid for what you are expected to do in the future. If you get injured, and that injury diminishes those future expectations, expect to get cut.

I don't know when the NFL ever transitioned from "what have you done for me lately" to some kind of "let's reward you for what you used to be".

Way too much misplaced loyalty if you ask me. There's just no place for it in a salary-cap.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #55
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Cutting Demeco would actually save $2.1 mil on the cap. And, if they called it a post June 1st cut, it would save about $4.5 million on this year's cap.
Wouldn't they have to wait until June 1st to see the savings on the cap? What would that accomplish?
Old 03-13-2012   #56
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Your friend probably tuned into 610 when they had Solomon on and listened in mid-conversation. Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco instead of Winston and Solomon echoed the words "cut Demeco" quite a bit after that. He wasn't saying they should but ran with that scenario instead of letting go of Winston.
I don't believe this to be true but ya never know.
Old 03-13-2012   #57
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
When they cut Winston, it made perfect sense that the next one to be chopped would be Demeco.

It proves that they do not pay for what a player did before, as in some kind of reward. You are paid for what you are expected to do in the future. If you get injured, and that injury diminishes those future expectations, expect to get cut.

I don't know when the NFL ever transitioned from "what have you done for me lately" to some kind of "let's reward you for what you used to be".

Way too much misplaced loyalty if you ask me. There's just no place for it in a salary-cap.
If they believe that fully, wouldn't Schaub then be a candidate as well?
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #58
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
No, his performance has not diminished as of yet... Attention, pay it...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Maybe. What if they resign meco to a cheaper contract?
Could be, I dunno about the workings of that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #60
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Edit: But they are the ones that now the entire truth of the extent of his injury.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read