Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Why would team management tell players about the supposed cuts tonight, but not make the moves until tomorrow?

FWIW, there's no mention on Solomon's twitter feed.
The NFL office is only open during business hours. I believe it's 8-5 EST. You can't submit transactions in the middle of the night.
Old 03-12-2012   #22
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Oh snap, if this goes down Smith all bets are off... To tell you the truth I have thought that it would not be hard to find a 2 down thumper to play next to Cush. However, I never thought that Rick would get so damn Gangsta and cut Ryans because of his intangibles. Let's see what happens, link please?
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #23
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Lance Zierlein say on 790 the Texans would only save around 900k if they cut DeMeco because of his guaranteed amount and it's still early on his deal. Maybe they ask him to take a pay cut but hard to believe they would cut him to save less than a million. =/
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #24
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

This rumor may or may not be true, but the thread title is misleading. It should read something to the effect that the OP heard a rumor from a friend.
Solomon isn't reporting anything about this story as far as i can find.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #25
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is true, would anyone like to try this new coca cola I just created?
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If we are doing all of this just to re-sign Mario I'm gonna be pissed.
No, Mario is long gone.

Cap killing us this year, which should be the last. But tonight it's a bloodbath.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #27
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This rumor may or may not be true, but the thread title is misleading. It should read something to the effect that the OP heard a rumor from a friend.
Solomon isn't reporting anything about this story as far as i can find.
I'm still finding a tangible source in print. You can discredit my name if this comes back to blowup in my face. I believe it to be true based on the affiliation with certain entities.
Old 03-12-2012   #28
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The NFL office is only open during business hours. I believe it's 8-5 EST. You can't submit transactions in the middle of the night.
Still does't answer why they would tell the players tonight, and wait until tomorrow to make the cuts.
They already announced two cuts tonight. If they have more to make, I'd think they would just make them instead of releasing news to the players.

eh, maybe I'm looking at it wrong... who knows.
Old 03-12-2012   #29
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
As per Jerome Solomon, he's supposedly been texting several Texans players who are "pissed". The Texans will reportedly cut DeMeco Ryans and Jacoby Jones tomorrow.
If you're going to quote a writer, where is the link.

Otherwise this thread is dead from pure speculation.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #30
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still finding a tangible source in print. You can discredit my name if this comes back to blowup in my face. I believe it to be true based on the affiliation with certain entities.
You a waiter at IHOP by chance?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #31
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
I'm not really questioning the story, so much as how the original post makes it sound like you saw a Solomon report somewhere, when it's really just hearsay at this point, regardless of how solid the source might be.
Old 03-12-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's ultimatum time for JJ and Meco?

"Sleep on your decision tonight, for tomorrow you will be cut if your agent cannot restructure to help us out..."

I can only think that maybe Winston and Leinart's agents were adamant they would not consider such a scenario...so they were cut today. JJ and Meco and their agents are wanting a night to mull it over???

Otherwise, why not make the cuts at the same time you made the Winston and Leinart cuts?
Old 03-12-2012   #33
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Certain entities? Nate, could you specify that a little for me please, thanks. I would not be surprised if Ryans gets cut. He gets paid a ton and does not play on passing downs.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #34
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
You a waiter at IHOP by chance?
That obscure with a McClain joke? I can't quote text messages in this forum. Sorry but thems the breaks kid.

And no, I make about 10x what an IHOP waiter makes.
Old 03-12-2012   #35
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That obscure with a McClain joke? I can't quote text messages in this forum. Sorry but thems the breaks kid.

And no, I make about 10x what an IHOP waiter makes.
Im just bustin your chops. Its all good man.
Old 03-12-2012   #36
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

"Sleep on your decision tonight, for tomorrow you will be cut if your agent cannot restructure to help us out..."

I can only think that maybe Winston and Leinart's agents were adamant they would not consider such a scenario...so they were cut today. JJ and Meco and their agents are wanting a night to mull it over???

Otherwise, why not make the cuts at the same time you made the Winston and Leinart cuts?
Because that would blow Peyton Manning's cover!
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #37
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

It's not about restructuring.

Their deals are pretty evenly balanced throughout the life of the contract. They're not front-loaded.

There is simply nowhere to push the money to, we're up against the cap the next two years, and the fat must be trimmed.

I love Demeco, but he's getting paid about twice what he's worth right now.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #38
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
I'm not really questioning the story, so much as how the original post makes it sound like you saw a Solomon report somewhere, when it's really just hearsay at this point, regardless of how solid the source might be.
Understood. In about 11 hours it will hit twitter and then here. Until then they can change the title of this thread to "Rumor: meco and jacoby to be cut" or something along those lines.

Sorry for the confusion everyone. It will happen though.
Old 03-12-2012   #39
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Im just bustin your chops. Its all good man.
I don't know how to decipher intent or tone on the internet, I blame Al Gore. It's all gravy.
Old 03-12-2012   #40
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know how to decipher intent or tone on the internet, I blame Al Gore. It's all gravy.
Just dont neg rep me!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read