Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2012   #181
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Maybe Solomon and the OP weren't crazy afterall...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #182
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Maybe Solomon and the OP weren't crazy afterall...
Jacoby's still on the team, Ryans wasn't cut. Soloman never reported this, and we've all known both of them had a decent chance of getting shown the door.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #183
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Jacoby's still on the team, Ryans wasn't cut. Soloman never reported this, and we've all known both of them had a decent chance of getting shown the door.
Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

But I guess I'll just lay it out.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

But instead of a cut it came in the form of a trade.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #184
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.
I hope you're correct and the OP had some solid info. That means Jacoby will be outta here soon, right?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #185
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I hope you're correct and the OP had some solid info. That means Jacoby will be outta here soon, right?
I'm hoping they trade Jacoby, even it's for just a swap of 7ths and a bag of Skittles. That would be awesome.
Old 03-21-2012   #186
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm hoping they trade Jacoby, even it's for just a swap of 7ths and a bag of Skittles. That would be awesome.
That alone would be worth it.
Old 03-21-2012   #187
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2012   #188
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4
We so used to be able to count on the Raiders to love speed and underachieving.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #189
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I said a dozen times since the season ended and we began looking at FA and the cap situation that I thought Ryans would be restructured because his cap number was just too great for the amount of time he spent on the field. Many thought I was crazy for suggesting even that.

I sure didnt see him being cut or traded tho .... no way , no how.

As for Jacoby , I know most of us (and some of the staff) would love to run him out of town.They do need another WR but if they cut Jones , they need two more. His staying on the roster may give us a clue as to their thinking come draft time.

At WR they have two guy's at the top of the depth chart that they like in Walter and #80. After that , they are pretty thin. I do know they like some of the guys who spent time on the PS and IR last season in LeStar Jean and Mael. One or both of those players will probably make the final roster out of camp this coming season.
They are thin at LB. Good at the top but thin. The OL is missing pieces.

Drafting a WR early may not be a priority as much as we would like it to be. Unless someone they really like falls into their lap.

I have a feeling that they may not take a WR prior to the 3rd in this draft ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #190
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?

The more big pieces getting knocked over with no mention of cutting JJ....the more I think he's still got a place on the team.

Or he'll get cut in camp after every WR outperforms him.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #191
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Or he'll get cut in camp after every WR outperforms him.
That's what I am expecting.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012   #192
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?
teams can't just put anyone on the practice squad. there are certain rules about tenure/games active etc. that determine whether a player can or cannot be put on the PS.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read