Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #41
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart Released

@MattLeinartQB
I appreciate and thank Mr McNair and the Texans organization for giving me the opportunity to play. I will miss the Texans fans and most Importantly my teammates. I have no time to get down, focus is on getting healthy and being ready to go again! #believe
Old 03-12-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I think most here saw that coming, but damn, things are starting to rock-n-roll. More news @ 10:00.
I was one of the hold outs. They must feel comfortable with Schaub's progress, or maybe they're rolling the dice. I can't see them letting a veteran QB familiar with our system go without seeing Schaub on that foot.

Hope for the best, plan for the worse... that's the way I roll.
Old 03-12-2012   #43
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if Matty doesn't catch on with another team soon his next hot tub party is going to look like this:

Old 03-12-2012   #44
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

As a USC fan, I remember Matt throwing his teammates under the bus after they lost to Vince Young.

Glad to see the clown go.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't think we'll clear enough room to get Mario back. I really don't. Some team is going to be stoopid goofy with what they'll offer Mario. I mean, he's going to get insane money from some team.
Which is why they have to clear enough room to make him a good faith offer before 3pm tomorrow, never let him see FA

Saying that, I personally don't believe it is worth cutting players like Leinart & Winston to clear room for Mario, my premise has always been that we had the room to sign Mario & our other players, by lowering his $18M cap number & restructuring other contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem cutting them to upgrade at either position. I've never been big on Winston & had I known he was going to be a $5M+ cap hit in 2012, I would have suggested cutting him myself. I've already suggested starting Butler at RT for a couple of years now.

But, I am very concerned about losing Leinart. Tj is still a back-up & we don't know that Schaub is going to start week 1.
Old 03-12-2012   #46
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
@MattLeinartQB
I appreciate and thank Mr McNair and the Texans organization for giving me the opportunity to play. I will miss the Texans fans and most Importantly my teammates. I have no time to get down, focus is on getting healthy and being ready to go again! #believe
I really feel for Matt L. When Schaub got hurt, I saw the opportunity for what it was: an audition for a job next year somewhere else. My heart sank when he got drilled v JAX. I hope he gets a chance somewhere. Rotten luck, but the cut was not unexpected.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #47
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I really feel for Matt L. When Schaub got hurt, I saw the opportunity for what it was: an audition for a job next year somewhere else. My heart sank when he got drilled v JAX. I hope he gets a chance somewhere. Rotten luck, but the cut was not unexpected.
I agree with this post and that Scarlet is hot
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #48
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

let's use the cap room we got from cutting leinart to sign Scar-Jo up to be a Texans cheerleader
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Which is why they have to clear enough room to make him a good faith offer before 3pm tomorrow, never let him see FA...
I thought the same thing, too. Trying to make one big dent in the salary situation to tell Mario, "Look, this is what we can do. Is it enough?"

But then again, I don't see Bob begging to THAT degree...to cut Winston so brutally like it ended up.

It seems to me like the moves to cut Winston and Leinart free'd up money, along with AJ's re-structure, to satisfy players on our roster not named Mario Williams.

I personally think it'd take a HUGE gutting of this team's UFAs to retain Mario prior to him hitting FA tomorrow. Mario is a class act AND he's wise. He knows, generally speaking, how much cash he can command this year. We wanted Mario to become THIS type of coveted player, and unfortunately I think it's the end of the road.

I'm neutral in all this. 2011 taught me to trust the Texans. Funny what a dominant defense can do for a fan's psyche. eh?
Old 03-12-2012   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But, I am very concerned about losing Leinart. Tj is still a back-up & we don't know that Schaub is going to start week 1.
Couldn't the Texans re-sign Delhomme at the vet minimum, and have only 1/2 of that count against the cap? I'd rather have Jake at a cap value of $500k than Leinart at $2.5 million.
Old 03-12-2012   #51
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Couldn't the Texans re-sign Delhomme at the vet minimum, and have only 1/2 of that count against the cap? I'd rather have Jake at a cap value of $500k than Leinart at $2.5 million.
Good point, Lucky.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #52
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye Mr. Checkdown.
Old 03-12-2012   #53
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes so long as the deal has no signing bonus (or maybe there is some minimal limit like $25-50k). And I agree.
Old 03-12-2012   #54
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
let's use the cap room we got from cutting leinart to sign Scar-Jo up to be a Texans cheerleader
I already made that joke to her. She said she wasn't interested. And that I should stop calling her. And how did I get her number.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #55
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Check down Charlie has checked out.
Old 03-12-2012   #56
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ding ding ding ding ding!!!
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #57
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most everyone saw this coming. Leinart was bad in his very limited play, Yates out played him, and makes way to much money for a check down QB. This might be the end of his NFL career, maybe he catches on in Canada or Arena League.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #58
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree. Delhomme looked pretty good against the Titans and imho would make a better and much cheaper backup than Leinart.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #59
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
As a USC fan, I remember Matt throwing his teammates under the bus after they lost to Vince Young.

Glad to see the clown go.
He isn't the guy he was at USC. He lost his cockiness after being replaced by Warner and and then being cut. He came here humble and worked hard on his game. Seems like he matured and is a better man for it.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #60
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This move was expected. T.J. Yates is the backup.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read