Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #21
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Leinart Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
Tomorrow we will eat like Kings.
Kill the fatted calf. Eat, drink and be merry my friends.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #22
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I always hate to say "Glad to hear that," but I am glad he's not a factor in our plans at QB this year.

I don't think we'll clear enough room to get Mario back. I really don't. Some team is going to be stoopid goofy with what they'll offer Mario. I mean, he's going to get insane money from some team.

I think this is to bring back Myers and maybe acquire a better WR to help out AJ since the multi-year project known as Jacoby Jones reached its full impotence in the divisional playoff game in Baltimore.

If Jacoby is gone, then that clears money to sign Myers and a better WR for TJ Yates. I still don't think we have a chance in hell at Mario, and Manning is not targeted either. It has to be to retain the Center and grab a free agent WR so that Kubiak can draft OL in round 1 and get his next Duane Brown-type lineman. My theory, at least.
If Jacoby is cut too, Texans have enough for Myers, Brisiel, and Mario. I'd go receiver the draft versus free agency. Depending in what happens with Schaub, they may have enough for Manning also. This is starting to get interesting.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #23
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a big surprise. Sorry he didn't make the most of his opportunity when he was here...and it wasn't entirely his fault IMO.

Good luck to you and your hot tub ladies!
Old 03-12-2012   #24
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Hahaha, I can't help but crack up at the different reactions with Leinart and Winston being released. From all accounts he was an upstanding guy in and out of the locker room here. I wish him the best!
I don't think anyone is surprised by the Leinart cut. Winston is the one that nobody saw coming no matter what anyone thought about his play.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #25
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Not a big surprise. Sorry he didn't make the most of his opportunity when he was here...and it wasn't entirely his fault IMO.

Good luck to you and your hot tub ladies!
Yeah. Sometimes it is just bad luck.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #26
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

but but but... leinart was supposed to compete for the number 2 job because yates sucks... blah blah... let the backtracking begin..
Old 03-12-2012   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I don't think anyone is surprised by the Leinart cut. Winston is the one that nobody saw coming no matter what anyone thought about his play.
To be honest I wasn't shocked by the Winston release. I know I probably should have been, but its the NFL. Around this time of the year there are plenty of unexpected releases. Releasing Duane Brown would have been a shock. But the Winston release didn't throw me out of my chair.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #28
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

And McClain just broke the news late...again.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #29
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Give Pancakes a break, it's hard to type fast when your hands are covered in syrup.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Valentine's Day last month....

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #31
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Well he's trying at least.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
If Jacoby is cut too, Texans have enough for Myers, Brisiel, and Mario. I'd go receiver the draft versus free agency. Depending in what happens with Schaub, they may have enough for Manning also. This is starting to get interesting.
I don't see it. No way we have enough to match what Mario will be offered at 12:01 a.m.

PacMan might have made it rain, but there's going to be a monsoon of cash pouring over the head of Mario tomorrow. MONSOON.

Either these moves are what's needed to retain our own guys, such as Myers and a few others, or it's for Manning, or it's for a better free agent WR we've never really been able to land in our entire 10-year existence. There just has never been a truly TALENTED WR2 here. Walter is not that guy, IMO. He needs to be WR3. Period.
Old 03-12-2012   #33
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
I don't see it. No way we have enough to match what Mario will be offered at 12:01 a.m.

That's not until 3 pm tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2012   #34
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart to Seattle?
Old 03-12-2012   #35
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

PacMan might have made it rain, but there's going to be a monsoon of cash pouring over the head of Mario tomorrow. MONSOON.
well then we should take solace in the fact that mario is grossly overpaid..
Old 03-12-2012   #36
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

TO PROTECT THE SHEEP, YOU MUST CAPTURE THE WOLF!!!!!........& IT TAKES A WOLF TO CAPTURE A WOLF!!!

yep...definitely setting up for a run at mario.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #37
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
That's not until 3 pm tomorrow.
I was going on Russian time. Duh. But yeah, I knew that already.
Old 03-12-2012   #39
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

we'll always have the memories :-(

DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #40
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
we'll always have the memories :-(

Is Wade barking at the waiter to bring him another round of Whitecastle burgers?

Look! Gary is watching Rackers kick the game-winning field goal up on the big screen. Oh wait a second...it's a re-run of a game where Rackers made the kick, so Gary knew ahead of time that he makes it for the win. My bad. LOL.

It looks like David Anderson is just out of the picture to Kubiak's left. I see his hands.

Leinart is chill. As always. "David was right, this is a sweet gig here in Houston! Cali East."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read