Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #141
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston released?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
mario is gone

this move is more for Myers
I agree, price of the cap this year.

Scrambling to keep Myers, maybe Brisiel.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #142
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
friend of mine says the Bears have cash and are pursuing hard for Mario
all I could tell him is that the Texans don't have the cash with all the pending FA coming in the next year
Damn if that doesn't sound like tampering.
Old 03-12-2012   #143
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. I believe the Texans will do all they can to keep Mario. This move is just the start as they work hard tomorrow to get something done with Mario's agent.
Old 03-12-2012   #144
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
it was duane who whiffed mr 'vivid memory'?
Nope. Leinart dropped back, his blindside is to the right side of our line, which is Winston at RT. Leinart sense he's in trouble and he tried to toss the ball to one of our RBs or TEs, IIRC, over on the right side of the field (very shallow, like a RB dump off pass) but hell he couldn't really let go of the ball because Winston had blown the assignment so badly that the d-lineman wrapped up Leinart and drove him, shoulder-first, into the ground. Incomplete pass, by a mile, and a broken clavicle. Bing, bang, boom.

Winston had been having that stuff happen to him all year long. It was becoming a ritual.
Old 03-12-2012   #145
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Very surprised to hear this but I think it makes sense. I have a lot of confidence in Butler at either tackle position and I would rather lock up Myers and Briesel than keep Winston.

If it frees up any money to sign Mario than even better.
Old 03-12-2012   #146
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for a memorable 5 years. Best of luck to you, Caveman!!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #147
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Nope. Leinart dropped back, his blindside is to the right side of our line, which is Winston at RT. Leinart sense he's in trouble and he tried to toss the ball to one of our RBs or TEs, IIRC, over on the right side of the field (very shallow, like a RB dump off pass) but hell he couldn't really let go of the ball because Winston had blown the assignment so badly that the d-lineman wrapped up Leinart and drove him, shoulder-first, into the ground. Incomplete pass, by a mile, and a broken clavicle. Bing, bang, boom.

Winston had been having that stuff happen to him all year long. It was becoming a ritual.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ars-highlights

1:42 mark is where Leinart gets injured. It was Jeremy Mincey who Duane Brown was covering that hit him
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012   #148
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
it was duane who whiffed mr 'vivid memory'?
Doh! You are RIGHT!

Duane Brown got beaten badly on that play. It was a screen pass to the right side of the line and our LT and LG blew their assignments on the left side...with Duane at LT blowing it the worst.

My bad. I have been bested. I relinquish my pistol to you, good sir.
Old 03-12-2012   #149
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ars-highlights

1:42 mark is where Leinart gets injured. It was Duane Brown guy that hit him
I know, I just saw the video because I went looking for it, too! Dammit! I was wrong. Oh well, it happens once every year or two.
Old 03-12-2012   #150
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this was a joke at first. No way we cut a solid RT.

Then the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Winston was not playing up to his contract. I'm sure the Texans knew that he wouldn't be willing to play for Bulter's salary, so it's best to waive him and clear up some cap space. Tough cut though, Winston was a good guy.

I just hope the FO has something more than Butler/Newton in mind. Butler coming off injury plus Newton's lack of experience is not giving me a good deal of confidence.
Old 03-12-2012   #151
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

if anything its showing that the texans arent relying on this loyalty factor some of you seem so adamant about.. loyalty had rick smith and kubiak on the hot seat, these guys arent playing.. its a business, screw this loyolty bs, you either perform or look for a new job, i like it..
Old 03-12-2012   #152
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I know, I just saw the video because I went looking for it, too! Dammit! I was wrong. Oh well, it happens once every year or two.
It's OK GP. There were so many whiffs by Winston, you could have easily been confused LOL
Old 03-12-2012   #153
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
if anything its showing that the texans arent relying on this loyalty factor some of you seem so adamant about.. loyalty had rick smith and kubiak on the hot seat, these guys arent playing.. its a business, screw this loyolty bs, you either perform or look for a new job, i like it..
Me too.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #154
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then Jacoby must go.

Leinart just got cut
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #155
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They're loyal as long as they're under the cap and you're not overpaid.
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #156
D1DAVE
Football=life

Rep Power: 93 D1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respectedD1DAVE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya know I'm from Ohio originally. I remember seeing the last championship game at my Uncles house with my dad. I was 8 years old. I' m all for loyalty but I want a championship. Still a Browns fan also, but we know where they are headed right now. The Texans need to do what it takes to bring it home to the fans. Right now! Sorry Eric.
D1DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #157
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Then Jacoby must go.

Leinart just got cut
It's gonna happen but a little later I think. Maybe even camp. I say this because of Gary's comments after the end of the season. Then again I could be FOS.

We'll surely find out before we tee it up opening weekend.

He NEEDS TO BE GONE!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #158
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
friend of mine says the Bears have cash and are pursuing hard for Mario
all I could tell him is that the Texans don't have the cash with all the pending FA coming in the next year
I'd tell him... good for him, but that's why his team will continue to get their butts kicked by the Packers and now the up and coming Lions... This isn't 1985 and you have to have more than just a really good defense. (Peppers with Mario sounds terrifying, but it's redundant) If the Bears do that, they're retarded... they need to be investing in the line on the other side of the ball, because Cutler has brain matter falling out of his helmet every weekend.

There's only so many cap dollars... as we're all finding out. If the Bears do that, they're blowing their wad in one area and putting all of their eggs in one basket.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #159
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang...didn't think he was choppin block material but clearly they've got a bigger plan in the works. Maybe he was a tad overrated but I thought he was a decent player...

Maybe he pissed someone off?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #160
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
It's gonna happen but a little later I think. Maybe even camp. I say this because of Gary's comments after the end of the season. Then again I could be FOS.

We'll surely find out before we tee it up opening weekend.

He NEEDS TO BE GONE!
That wouldn't make sense to hang on to him for that long when having his cap space is most important during free agency
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read